Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all is wel now, seems like everything is working so far. wiping the wiiflow.ini did seem to fix the issues. thanks for everyone's suggestions and help.
I've tried that a few times, but the fault comes back.

So now we have
using a fresh ini temporally fixes the fault.
But using a fresh ini also will crash to code dump, because no default nand path is set. after you set it, everything works for a bit.

etlon666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question regarding the time it needs to start wiiflow. with r315 I realised that it takes very long to start wiiflow, between starting the forwarder and seeing wiiflow 32 seconds, and switching the view from homebrew to games view it also takes 25 seconds. I did not change anything on the system, same hdd same cios's. I tried fiddling with wiiflow.ini (use hq cover, update cache) but I wasnt able to reduce the time it takes.
So I wonder if this is normal but if now, what parameters I should play with to speed things up? thanks in advance for any help.
Make this change and it really speeds things up, especially if you have a lot of games:

apps/wiiflow.ini

extended_list_check=no

thanks for the info, that change really helped. but what is that parameter for?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
edit: so i've been trying many different version of wiiflow, i tried 289, 290, 280, 300, all fail with set usb failed -6. this was never an issue before. i don't know what causes this to happen. the other loaders are working just fine. the nand emu kicks in as there is the green half screen flash meaning its going then FAIL. its so annoying. guess i won't be using wiiflow, which sucks as its my favorite loader. the DML issue is still happening on all revs i tested, meaning tony hawk underground freezes on title screen and super mario sunshine has the green border on the bottom. i'm sure the other issues i've reported are present as well, like madden 08 locking up.
Strange, are you able to find the exact rev which changed that? Yeah for DML, wiiflow cant change something on the compatility, but you should try the latest wiiflow version, there I'm writing it even more safe.
For the mod6, it should fix the not working return to system menu now for everyone.
@[member='Yardape8000']:
Thanks for the information.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding the time it needs to start wiiflow. with r315 I realised that it takes very long to start wiiflow, between starting the forwarder and seeing wiiflow 32 seconds, and switching the view from homebrew to games view it also takes 25 seconds. I did not change anything on the system, same hdd same cios's. I tried fiddling with wiiflow.ini (use hq cover, update cache) but I wasnt able to reduce the time it takes.
So I wonder if this is normal but if now, what parameters I should play with to speed things up? thanks in advance for any help.
Make this change and it really speeds things up, especially if you have a lot of games:

apps/wiiflow.ini

extended_list_check=no

thanks for the info, that change really helped. but what is that parameter for?
I believe fix added something in a bunch of revs back to do a deeper scan for Wii game images. Never understood the reason for it but it made starting up insanely slow for my big system (>1100 games) so if you set this flag it doesn't do the deep scan.

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all is wel now, seems like everything is working so far. wiping the wiiflow.ini did seem to fix the issues. thanks for everyone's suggestions and help.
What happens when you re-enable NAND games (WiiWare)?
I wonder if the comination of using NAND saves and NAND games triggers the fault. Can't test myself for at least 12hrs.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
r325, the themes are those for r418 +, and every time change the theme crashes and returns to the wii menu
What steps will reproduce the problem?
response please
thank you

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Does anyone know if there is a way to direct the emulator ini files to look for covers in the actual emulators directory?
i.e in fceugx/covers instead of wiiflow/covers/fceugx
Thanks!
This is just a crazy idea but try setting it to coverFolder=../../fceugx/covers because in some programs the two dots ".." makes it go up a folder. It would assume your main wiiflow folder is on the same partition as your ROM's, though.
Even if this does work, it would also do the same for your boxcovers so WiiFlow would see the same image for both and it prefers boxcovers so it would use the front cover in that folder as a full cover.
Also, the files in fceugx would be called "GameName.png" and WiiFlow would be looking for "GameName.nes.png".
It might be interesting to see if it works, though.

I can see how having WiiFlow look for them first in that folder with the emulator's naming convention could be useful but if it's to save space, WiiFlow only reads the folder once per game. After that the covers are read from cache files so the images could be put back and renamed again.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for themes, can someone tell me the proper definition of the settings menus nand emulation settings? im trying to update the orchid theme and line everything up, but i cannot find this setting in any of the newer themes.

i thought it was [CONFIG/EMU_SAVE_BTN_GLOBAL] but that doesn't seem to be it. i need the text and the button definition.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to anyone who tries to switch themes in wiiflow and it does a stack dump here's a fix.

in video.cpp under - void CVideo::cleanup(void)

rem out line #232 - it should look like this when done

Code:
void CVideo::cleanup(void)
{
gprintf("Cleaning up video...\n");
for (u32 i = 0; i < sizeof m_aaBuffer / sizeof m_aaBuffer[0]; ++i)
{
SMART_FREE(m_aaBuffer[i]);
m_aaBufferSize[i] = 0;
}
//MEM1_free(m_fifo);
}

I don't know why but in r315 it worked and r316 switching themes didn't and when i tried this it worked again. Of course you have to be able to svn checkout and compile.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
to anyone who tries to switch themes in wiiflow and it does a stack dump here's a fix.

Code:
{
{
m_aaBufferSize[i] = 0;
}
//MEM1_free(m_fifo);
}

I don't know why but in r315 it worked and r316 switching themes didn't and when i tried this it worked again. Of course you have to be able to svn checkout and compile.
those who are not able to compile SVN Checkout.?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for themes, can someone tell me the proper definition of the settings menus nand emulation settings? im trying to update the orchid theme and line everything up, but i cannot find this setting in any of the newer themes.

i thought it was [CONFIG/EMU_SAVE_BTN_GLOBAL] but that doesn't seem to be it. i need the text and the button definition.

it's NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE for the text and for the button NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE_BTN_GLOBAL, NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE_PLUS, NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE_MINUS

deakphreak

Spiffy Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'd be cool to be able to download themes through wiiflow. How easy would that be?

Everything on spiffy360 is set up to provide an XML feed of themes, the software makers would just have to implement it to support downloading the themes directly as other 2 loaders have already done.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country

Code:
{
{
m_aaBufferSize[i] = 0;
}
//MEM1_free(m_fifo);
}

those who are not able to compile SVN Checkout.?

check IRC out, wait for an official release or revert to a previous version

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it's NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE for the text and for the button NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE_BTN_GLOBAL, NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE_PLUS, NANDEMU/EMU_SAVE_MINUS

that seems to be in the menu that i'm trying to change, i need the definition of that button and text, not inside it. for better reference its on the first global settings page, its the fourth option "nand emulation settings" is the text and the button says "Set". i need to move that text and button.

Ape8000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that seems to be in the menu that i'm trying to change, i need the definition of that button and text, not inside it. for better reference its on the first global settings page, its the fourth option "nand emulation settings" is the text and the button says "Set". i need to move that text and button.
you mean from source/menu/menu_config.cpp

m_configLblCfg4, "CONFIG/CFG4"
m_configBtnCfg4, "CONFIG/CFG4_BTN"

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that fix would be no real one, please test r327.
ummm, sorry fix r327 didn't fix it - but I'm sure you'll figure out the correct way to fix it - mine is just a logical guess since that line was added in r316 which is where the problem started. hopefully you can figure out the correct way to fix the problem.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Odd, I'll try downloading some theme (warning I got about 1kbps atm so it can take a bit)+
edit: yay found a old wiiflow 2.2 pack with themes lol, I'll test it now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii