mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schroder08 said:
schroder08 said:
mgrimmenator said:
Wondering how to get PAL version of Sniper Elite to play on NTSC wii under wiiflow. I get black screen no matter what settings I've tried. If anyone has gotten this to work, please let me know. My kids are killin me about this one.

I tested Sniper Elite out on my Wii the other day, and it worked... I'll check again in the morning or some such, and I'll get back to you. However, if it's what I recall, everything is normal settings, the r254-249 release, cIOS r19b38. Again, I'll test it out again later, when I get a chance. But there should be some hope, I have an NTSC Wii running the PAL release of the game.

Ok, just ran it twice successfully, for clarification, I'm using the r254-249 release of WiiFlow. First time I ran it was using cIOS r19b38 in my 249 slot, second time was using r20b56 in the 250 slot. I believe every single setting is the stock default setting, actually.

WiiFlow Settings:
Default video mode - Default
Default game language - Default
Error 002 fix - On
Ocarina - Off

Game Settings:
Language - Default
DOL - main.dol
Ocarina - Default
Patch country strings - Off
Error 002 fix - Default
Vipatch - Off
Block IOS reload - Off
Patch video modes - None
Video mode - Default
Hook Type - VBI
Disable DVD Patch - Default
Disable Return To - Default
Debugger - Default

Perhaps you have a bad dump? Not sure. Sorry I couldn't give a more definitive answer than that.

On a different note - Game settings, pages 1 and 4 have settings with multiple words and all words are capitalized. Pages 2 and 3 have only the first word of each setting capitalized, and page 5 only has 1 setting of 1 word, so n/a. Not sure how much you care, just thought I'd point that out since I'm already typing away in a post.

Also, I was wondering... is there game speed differences between cIOS r19b38 and r20b56? Is that affected by which cIOS is loaded, or are they only used in the actual loading of the game and once it's going, the speed is based on the HDD?

well i dl another copy of this game and tried again and still no luck. I am using r254 249 and cIOS rev20 b56. I tried using cIOS rev19 base 38 and no luck either. I'm not sure how it works on yours but all I get is a black screen and the hdd acts like it can't read the game or it is stuck or something and all freezes up. I even tried using the 249 version of wiiflow and setting the game settings to 250 to launch the game and that not work either.

chonka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
petspeed said:
Thanks for all your replies.

As I understand from other threads here on GBATEMP r20b base 56 works fast and is compatible with most games so it is recommended. But Wiiflow works best with r19. So I thought about installing the following cIOS:

249 - r19 base 38 or 57
250 - r20b base 56

Is it possible to configure Wiiflow to use IOS249 for itself and use IOS250 as default for games? That way you would have the optimal cIOS for both Wiiflow and the games without changing IOS for all games.

from personal experience as well as other users comments ive found cIOSX rev20b seems to be very buggy. It was only brought to my attention by my 5yr old daughter when she was playing cooking mama and she would get frustrate because the piping bag would not pipe continuously or when she would pick something up (by holding B button) it would keep getting dropped. cIOSX rev19 or hermes v4 work perfectly however. Ive been using cIOSX rev20b base 56 since its release now so im wondering how many over niggling 'game' annoyances were actually related to the cIOSX. Myself i still to cIOSX rev19 for most and hermes v4 for MHtri and such.

OMIGHTY1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently updated from 2.1 to the 2.2 beta. I've used beta programs before, but I've never had massive problems. However, here, I've got some big problems. My settings aren't being saved, and I can't change my theme or language. My WiiFlow is being stored on a FAT32 partition. I must say, I like the new features in this version. What's going wrong here? I wasn't having any problems before I updated. I'm having the same problems when I launch from an SD.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OMIGHTY1 said:
I've recently updated from 2.1 to the 2.2 beta. I've used beta programs before, but I've never had massive problems. However, here, I've got some big problems. My settings aren't being saved, and I can't change my theme or language. My WiiFlow is being stored on a FAT32 partition. I must say, I like the new features in this version. What's going wrong here? I wasn't having any problems before I updated. I'm having the same problems when I launch from an SD.

do a complete clean install and see if that fixes the problems

cucukshow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I have installed 2.2 R254-250

It should support NTFS but I cannot get it to see my USB

I have a minstral by CnM 400gig disk - I got this as they are reported to work with WII

WIIFLOW loads, but then says: Please plug a USB HDD on port 0 or press reset.

well it is on port 0 but I also tried port 1 to be sure.

What else can I try? Is there anything specific I need to do to the USB?

cucukshow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
what determines which of these you need?

r254-data.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 454 KB 3000
r254-250.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 1976
r254-249.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 3680
r254-224.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 340
r254-223.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 428
r254-222.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 1430

OMIGHTY1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
OMIGHTY1 said:

That didn't work. xP
I did a reformat of the partition, and put all of the files for 2.2 on the drive.
I got my files from http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list
I downloaded the first, second, and last files. I'm starting up the app from an installation with Priiloader.

Milamber_Cubed

Trophies
XP
Country
cucukshow said:
what determines which of these you need?

r254-data.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 454 KB 3000
r254-250.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 1976
r254-249.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 3680
r254-224.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 340
r254-223.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 428
r254-222.zip Revision 254: 2.2 BETA Featured Oct 07 2.0 MB 1430

You need the data file and one of the others. The xxx in 254-xxx.zip refers to what IOS you want WiiFlow to load and use. It depends on what you have installed as to what will work and how well.

Do you know which revs (and with which bases) of the IOSs you have installed in those slots?

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMIGHTY1 said:
Spidy1000 said:
OMIGHTY1 said:

That didn't work. xP
I did a reformat of the partition, and put all of the files for 2.2 on the drive.
I downloaded the first, second, and last files. I'm starting up the app from an installation with Priiloader.

Perhaps try loading WiiFlow, then exiting into the Wii System Menu, followed by going back into WiiFlow. I think I've had to do that, or else load WiiFlow, load a game, exit game, and then go back into WiiFlow. I don't know what the logic to it working afterward was for me, but I'd theorize that it wasn't saving when I changed something if I did it on the first load and perhaps it needed that exiting WiiFlow to actually write the initial .ini file or something. I really am talking out my ass, but I like to think it is logical. ;-)

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OMIGHTY1 said:
Spidy1000 said:
OMIGHTY1 said:

That didn't work. xP

the first time you run wiiflow ALWAYS run from channel forwarder or HBC

OMIGHTY1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
OMIGHTY1 said:
Spidy1000 said:
OMIGHTY1 said:

That didn't work. xP

Oh, ok then. I'll do that when I get home tonight. Thanks!
biggrin.gif

OMIGHTY1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMIGHTY1 said:
Spidy1000 said:
OMIGHTY1 said:
Spidy1000 said:
OMIGHTY1 said:

That didn't work. xP

Oh, ok then. I'll do that when I get home tonight. Thanks!
biggrin.gif
Ok, so my problem now is that it's accessing the incorrect partition for settings data. It's accessing my big partition (general storage, NTFS), but I want it to access my Wiiflow partition (wiiflow only, FAT32). How would I go about fixing this? xP

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
better ask Miigotu or r-win about that 1, normally it should find wiiflow on the partition it is installed on, you can only set the game partition in the wiiflow.ini

n0b0dy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am experiencing the same behavior as OMIGHTY1 with the 2.2 beta. wiiflow is creating the settings data on my NTFS partition in which I dont mind however it is not saving my settings once I exit out of wiiflow (no wiiflow.ini being created). It is detecting the themes I placed in the themes folder however it does not load them.

any suggestions?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
OMIGHTY1 said:
Ok, so my problem now is that it's accessing the incorrect partition for settings data. It's accessing my big partition (general storage, NTFS), but I want it to access my Wiiflow partition (wiiflow only, FAT32). How would I go about fixing this? xP

QUOTE(n0b0dy @ Oct 30 2010, 04:49 PM) I think I am experiencing the same behavior as OMIGHTY1 with the 2.2 beta. wiiflow is creating the settings data on my NTFS partition in which I dont mind however it is not saving my settings once I exit out of wiiflow (no wiiflow.ini being created). It is detecting the themes I placed in the themes folder however it does not load them.

any suggestions?

This is because you have ntfs before fat32 on your HDD. You need to also have an apps/wiiflow/boot.dol on that first partition or no settings will be saved since wiiflow finds where to create the settings by checking the first HDD fat/ntfs partiton, and the first SD partition. It does not check a second usable partition on the HDD yet for creating settings. Wiiflow can only save files to the first usable partition on your drive at this time.

This means that if ntfs is before the fat32 partition, you need apps/wiiflow/boot.dol on ntfs and settings are created there, and ALSO a apps/wiiflow/boot.dol on the fat32 one for booting it from hbc. I will try and look into fixing this inconvenience another time.

n0b0dy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
OMIGHTY1 said:

QUOTE(n0b0dy @ Oct 30 2010, 04:49 PM) I think I am experiencing the same behavior as OMIGHTY1 with the 2.2 beta. wiiflow is creating the settings data on my NTFS partition in which I dont mind however it is not saving my settings once I exit out of wiiflow (no wiiflow.ini being created). It is detecting the themes I placed in the themes folder however it does not load them.

any suggestions?

This is because you have ntfs before fat32 on your HDD. You need to also have an apps/wiiflow/boot.dol on that first partition or no settings will be saved since wiiflow finds where to create the settings by checking the first HDD fat/ntfs partiton, and the first SD partition. It does not check a second usable partition on the HDD yet for creating settings. Wiiflow can only save files to the first usable partition on your drive at this time.

This means that if ntfs is before the fat32 partition, you need apps/wiiflow/boot.dol on ntfs and settings are created there, and ALSO a apps/wiiflow/boot.dol on the fat32 one for booting it from hbc. I will try and look into fixing this inconvenience another time.

oh okay, I ended up deleting both fat32 and ntfs partition and just made a big fat32 partition with gparted and everything is working fine.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pippin666 said:
Do you happen to have the real background of this ?? I've spent an hour or two messing around wiiflow's "adjust settings" option and now everything moves just like in the video.
Don't forget to publish it when done!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person