mugotu

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
USB Loader project, based on WiiFlow 1.1 by Hibernatus, Wiiflow 2.1 by r-win and Miigotu, and Wiiflow 3.0 alpha by Miigotu.

Links:
Source
WiiFloWiki (For downloads and mostly up to date information on usage)
The IRC Channel (irc.abjects.net #wiiflow-advanced)
[topic='204106']Thread for Wiiflow 1.1 - 3.0a[/topic]
Original Wiiflow Thread

Background:
My vision for WiiFlow has not fallen by the wayside. I will continue my work which has brought WiiFlow so far in the past 3 years in a new project named Wiiflow Advanced.
In the end this will result in a better homebrew due to the competition. I have many big things in store for my version of WiiFlow so stay tuned, but I will always keep a primary focus on stability, speed, and efficiency.

Features:
(will add later)

Planned Features:
(will add later)

Known Issues:
(will add later)

Changelogs:
r426 Changelog[/b]]
r426
-Rename most references of "Wiiflow" to "Wiiflow Advanced", images to follow.
-Use gnu c++0x standard, and fix freetypeGX so it will compile without errors
with it
-Don't use AA for wait messages.
-Removed safe_vector.hpp
-detemplatize cache, cachedlist, and list classes, and simplify.
-Change gamelist from vector to deque
-Don't cache music list
-Remove empty ini domains
-Change all references to game id to use char * instead of u8 *, and remove all
typecasting.
-Fix game installer (thx Yardape8000)
-Limit coverbuffer to prevent old ini's from causing crashes that have
cover_buffer=120
-Only keep necessary information in dir_discHdr
-Add a "new" hander
-Simplify and speed up the cover downloader.
-Use iterators wherever possible
-Prepare for better args support/faster loading, and more configurability.

Questions/Answers
Q: Why a new project?
A: The "new Wiiflow team" aka wiiflow-mod team and a handful of old testers, have banded together and talked Lustar into handing the project over to them. Powa.

Q: Why don't my forwarders work with this?
A: I have not had a chance yet to update the forwarders with the new folder path used in this project, but the change in folder name was absolutely necessary in order to keep project separation.

Reactions: 6 people

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After a newfound oversight, i decided to edit my post, i think everything has been said by now..
I am also asking others to delete their comments so the thread will stay clean..

As a gesture of good faith, i also ask Miigotu to do the same in the Wiifow thread / IRC channel.

I hope this new project of Miigotu will be an asset to the wii community.

Reactions: 5 people

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was thinking of starting to design my own them for wiiflow, maybe if it works out (i don't have a lot of spare time anymore) i can contribute. ill let you know if i get started on it. here's to the best for this branch of wiiflow.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Miigotu, its really hard to explain, but I think thats the best solution for everyone because you dont wanted to work together with everyone else (dont say we are bad or something like this, we never were saying something like this to you). You know, we were always open for a better solution, thats a fact, but you havent changed something. We havent "won" the testers, they were just seeing what you wrote and what you did, then left because of that (I'll not go into detail). Yeah from both sides was/is a "lack of respect". Thats everything I'll say about it in your topic and not start a war or something like this, I just want that we work in peace, together or not. Good luck.

Reactions: 6 people

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy Shit! I didn't realise there was so much division in the development of this. I must admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention to Wiiflow development. I just had an old version that seemed to work with everything. It wasn't until I got interested in nand emu that I started looking through the posts again and found there were two main versions, Wiiflow and Wiiflow-mod. Some say use the mod vision others say don't and everything seems a little disjointed when trying to follow posts and wikis.

I was hoping this post from @mugotu would bring about some unity. After reading through some of these comments it looks as if this is could just add another version to the fray and further confuse things. It is a pity. Wiiflow in its present form is the best loader out there.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I've asked a mod to close this thread until mugotu/miigotu has something to announce for progress or whatever so the drama that happened in IRC doesn't spill over here in the forums like what has seemed to have already started.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reactions: 2 people

mugotu

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
I've asked a mod to close this thread until mugotu/miigotu has something to announce for progress or whatever so the drama that happened in IRC doesn't spill over here in the forums like what has seemed to have already started.

May as well do the same with the old wiiflow thread then. I have already announced my project so I dont get your point. Trying to censor my project out of existence will not work.

Progress:

r426

-Rename most references of "Wiiflow" to "Wiiflow Advanced", images to follow.
-Use gnu c++0x standard, and fix freetypeGX so it will compile without errors
with it
-Don't use AA for wait messages.
-Removed safe_vector.hpp
-detemplatize cache, cachedlist, and list classes, and simplify.
-Change gamelist from vector to deque
-Don't cache music list
-Remove empty ini domains
-Change all references to game id to use char * instead of u8 *, and remove all
typecasting.
-Fix game installer (thx Yardape8000)
-Limit coverbuffer to prevent old ini's from causing crashes that have
cover_buffer=120
-Only keep necessary information in dir_discHdr
-Add a "new" hander
-Simplify and speed up the cover downloader.
-Use iterators wherever possible
-Prepare for better args support/faster loading, and more configurability.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this thread needs to be closed. Miigotu has work to show that is different from the -mod (now just wiiflow). Google code is setup and dol's can be built. What's the problem? Its nothing like announcing a project that no work has been done on.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I wish you good luck buddy, but maybe you should have left out the "details" and stuck to the subject in hand. Edit your post if possible and stop the GBATemp grasses from getting your thread locked. Hopefully then, you will get a warmer reception and gain the resepct you deserve

Reactions: 1 person

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

May as well do the same with the old wiiflow thread then. I have already announced my project so I dont get your point. Trying to censor my project out of existence will not work.
You don't get my point? There, I bolded it for you. I'm not trying to censor anything, I just don't want to see this thread get out of hand with people throwing around their opinions of what happened in the past.

Anyways. A question for you. Since you have announced wiiflow-advanced, is just regular wiiflow free for someone to take over or will you be working on both at the same time?

Reactions: 1 person

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a past user of wiiflow. i've got to say it's a little disappointing things have fallen apart.
when i first got our wii, i used nothing but wiiflow.(31/2 yrs). to me it was the nicest an easiest ,loader to use at that time. not sure who was doing the coding or any thing at that time.
i was a total noob. it wasn't till last year that i found out what the wii could do or what i could do with it. an i still had wiiflow, it wasn't till around that time last year that wiiflow started to have serious problems, not updating right would crash on a regular basis. or just didn't work all together.
so know, i only use gx :D . but that's a mute point. now if mugoto/miigoto, is the one that was writing those codes around three years ago, sorry, they just kept getting worse not better. i think the way you went about doing what you were doing, is a little childish, asking for "donations" to help pay rent. to me it sounds like who ever gave you a "donation" got the good stuff( not crashing more stable). sorta like making user pay for the loader. an it was kinda wierd that it was always around the first of the month. to me this should be for the fun of doing some thing you enjoy, not a money maker. the way it looked for awhile is that you were not working with wiiflow an dropped the project. the whole time people asking for updates an every thing. now you magically appear, an instead of saying saying thank you to the people that tried to carry on this project, it sounds like you went off, because you didn't like the attention taken away from your wiiflow.
and now your making a mod of a mod of a mod.. instead of naming it a different name all together. thats kinda confussing to the noobs that are coming to the site looking for loaders.
I WILL NOT CLEAN MY POST, UNTILL MUGOTO AGREES TO LEAVE WIIFLOW,AN STICKS TO THIS THREAD,

Reactions: 2 people

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited for this WiiFlow-Advanced!! Thanks Miigotu! I'm also guessing you want any bugs and bullshit reported on THIS thread regarding WiiFlow-Advanced?
Anyway good luck with this awesome project nothing but the best of the best xD!

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess if I get this straight....
there are 3 (two) different teams working on WiiFlow right now? (the original team, the "mod" team and now mugotu)

EDIT: I will anwser my own question... :P
It's now more like Wiiflow-Mod = Wiiflow, so thats like the official rev from now on. Wiiflow Advanced is the project from Miigotu, also somehow official :P We (the wiiflow-mod team) pretty much do everything people suggest so, we work per request, we fixed things for wii games, added DML support, and more things. Miigotu... well does what he thinks need to be done, thats pretty much the same we do ;) The situation is pretty complicated to explain, hope you got it now.

so... the official wiiflow now is the "mod" one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1