Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of another odd question do fba alpha roms for cps1 and 2 need multiple files like parent roms or anything like you have to do with some mame emulators? I'm asking cause I'm kind of OCD about my cover flow having the images I use fuzzy rename etc and if it misses some I do them manually. I hate it when there isn't a cover. So on all the rom folders for fba I removed all repeats and kept us versions. I tried to load a rom and nothing happens just back to wiiflow. So I put all the roms back in the folder from the sets and now every game loads fine. Can I hide files from cover flow? Can I put them in system folder on retroarch root? I don't want all these coverless boxes to scroll through but it looks like that's my only choice to be able to load these games.

Last edited by KindaNoobishQWikLrnr,

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are those GC files in the wiiflow GC folder? obviously for triforce arcade games but i don't remember that folder or those files.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
What are those GC files in the wiiflow GC folder? obviously for triforce arcade games but i don't remember that folder or those files.
those were used for Quadforce plugin (kind of historic stuff now) but I still have the files needed to make this separate plugin hidden in the pack in case geeks want to give it a try :)

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man Abz I have tried tirelessly to get a working emunand. I followed your tutorial exactly. I reformatted my hard drive to 32k, I put all the right wads in the right places and loaded them. I copied the sys config and shared 2 folder from real nand. I cannot for the life of me get wiiflow to launch a game from my emunand. black screen, then the disc drive light just flashes endlessly. I reboot try another game same thing. edited the wiiflow.ini to. I don't understand whats happening I have tried like 10 times and made extremely certain to follow the guide exactly.

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man Abz I have tried tirelessly to get a working emunand. I followed your tutorial exactly. I reformatted my hard drive to 32k, I put all the right wads in the right places and loaded them. I copied the sys config and shared 2 folder from real nand. I cannot for the life of me get wiiflow to launch a game from my emunand. black screen, then the disc drive light just flashes endlessly. I reboot try another game same thing. edited the wiiflow.ini to. I don't understand whats happening I have tried like 10 times and made extremely certain to follow the guide exactly.
I get an error in Nswitch it says yes and success to everything but it says no valid fat partition and it just stays there and never loads. I also can't launch neek from sys menu or homebrew channel or post loader. Do I need a 2nd partition on my hard drive cause I have the sneek and nanda folder on usb1 root? But it is formatted 32k cluster fat32. Does an emunand need its own partition?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
is your HDD > 2tb?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"EmuNAND" or NEEK? EmuNAND (part of the cIOS) shouldn't be flashing the drive LED light that. It generally just reboots the console if it fails. NEEK/neek2o does that when it can't load files. If it's neek2o make sure the dump is in "/nands/<some name>" for r96. The kernel freaks out if it's just in /nand/.

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is your HDD > 2tb?
Yea it's 4tb but there's only one partition at 1tb fat32 32k cluster rest is unallocated

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"EmuNAND" or NEEK? EmuNAND (part of the cIOS) shouldn't be flashing the drive LED light that. It generally just reboots the console if it fails. NEEK/neek2o does that when it can't load files. If it's neek2o make sure the dump is in "/nands/<some name>" for r96. The kernel freaks out if it's just in /nand/.
I'll try that

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add an s to nand? Can you verbatim say that my brain is complicating it. Put it in a folder and change nand to nands?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add an s to nand? Can you verbatim say that my brain is complicating it. Put it in a folder and change nand to nands?

If you dumped your nand to /nand then just move the folder. neek2o r96 expects NAND dumps to be in "/nands/<some name but it doesn't matter>/".

If you just have a /nand/ folder then make a new one called "nands" and move it there so it's "nands/nand/". Delete any sneekcache folder that might be in the dump folder before you try to run nswitch.

r96 (for me, at least) tries to boot as if the root of the drive is where the dump is and ends up creating the shared1, titles, etc. folders in the root of the drive and never boots.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you dumped your nand to /nand then just move the folder. neek2o r96 expects NAND dumps to be in "/nands/<some name but it doesn't matter>/".

If you just have a /nand/ folder then make a new one called "nands" and move it there so it's "nands/nand/". Delete any sneekcache folder that might be in the dump folder before you try to run nswitch.

r96 (for me, at least) tries to boot as if the root of the drive is where the dump is and ends up creating the shared1, titles, etc. folders in the root of the drive and never boots.
Interesting bout r96 for u I was thinking of trying 95. I get so irritated though I'm not even gonna mess with emunands again for a while. I've tried like 6 methods twice and followed tutorials no game ever launches in wiiflow. Maybe the extract feature would be easier? That's the one method I haven't tried yet.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're confusing NEEK and "EmuNAND."

NEEK is a patched system menu that thinks it's running on the real NAND. Everything is redirected to SD/USB rather than patching IOSes. No titles are altered when it's running.

EmuNAND is a feature of the cIOS and just redirects the game title's read/write functions to SD/USB instead of the flash memory.

If you're using d2x v8 or v10 and you can't get titles to load with "EmuNAND" after dumping your console then something is wrong with your NAND contents or your storage drive.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're confusing NEEK and "EmuNAND."

NEEK is a patched system menu that thinks it's running on the real NAND. Everything is redirected to SD/USB rather than patching IOSes. No titles are altered when it's running.

EmuNAND is a feature of the cIOS and just redirects the game title's read/write functions to SD/USB instead of the flash memory.

If you're using d2x v8 or v10 and you can't get titles to load with "EmuNAND" after dumping your console then something is wrong with your NAND contents or your storage drive.
It could be my hard drive. I know neek isn't the emunand. It's just all confusing neek sneek uneek.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be my hard drive. I know neek isn't the emunand. It's just all confusing neek sneek uneek.
my 2 cents - goto main settings>nand emu settings> and set nand emulation to partial. also make sure you are not using cios v10beta53. one more option would be to goto startup settings and set it force cios 249 on start.

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 2 cents - goto main settings>nand emu settings> and set nand emulation to partial. also make sure you are not using cios v10beta53. one more option would be to goto startup settings and set it force cios 249 on start.
I have that start up setting for 249. I do have cios v10beta 53 installed should I uninstall that completely? I tried both partial and full and I copied my sys config and shared 2 folder from real nand to emunand.

Shruikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wiiflow Help

How do I change the Wiiflow startup setting?
I was using Wiiflow Lite 4.4 to upgrade a Cios (using Pimp My Wii 3.03). Oh, it kind of fell apart. I put it to use Cios force and from then on, whenever the start of the Wiiflow Lite it gives message: "No pps / Wiiflow directory found!"
  • I tried putting the files back;
  • Format the SD;
  • Reinstall the shortcuts;
  • I tested other versions of wiifliw;
  • The Wiiflow 4.2.1 error for the Exception DSI (black screen) at startup.
The USB Charger GX and CFG Configuration normally set.

KindaNoobishQWikLrnr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiiflow Help

How do I change the Wiiflow startup setting?
I was using Wiiflow Lite 4.4 to upgrade a Cios (using Pimp My Wii 3.03). Oh, it kind of fell apart. I put it to use Cios force and from then on, whenever the start of the Wiiflow Lite it gives message: "No pps / Wiiflow directory found!"
  • I tried putting the files back;
  • Format the SD;
  • Reinstall the shortcuts;
  • I tested other versions of wiifliw;
  • The Wiiflow 4.2.1 error for the Exception DSI (black screen) at startup.
The USB Charger GX and CFG Configuration normally set.
Oh lord man. Avoid pimp my wii. Get the wiiflow mastermod pack scroll all the way to the beginning of this entire thread. There's a link up there install all the cios in the wad folder. This is a daunting set up but it's wworth it. I finally figured it out enough to make my own source menu and get covers for all the systems I wanted in there. I'm not at home at the moment I can post again with links. I ended up fucking shit up a lot with pimp my mod.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh lord man. Avoid pimp my wii. Get the wiiflow mastermod pack scroll all the way to the beginning of this entire thread. There's a link up there install all the cios in the wad folder. This is a daunting set up but it's wworth it. I finally figured it out enough to make my own source menu and get covers for all the systems I wanted in there. I'm not at home at the moment I can post again with links. I ended up fucking shit up a lot with pimp my mod.
If u get the pack extract it to sd root. I don't think fceugx, snes9x, gen plus etc are included as far as apps but I think it's already there on root. You can find all the emus at wiibrew.org. Basically you can gut out any emus or programs you don't want. One thing to be really careful of is to read any wads in the pack closely do not EVER install a vWii wad on a wii. Abz mod is amazing as far as wiiflow and nintendont support for GameCube is the best option around and the master mod wiiflow is already configured to work with nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~