Hacking WiiFlow 4 The Masterpiece Pack by Abz

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to select the default loader in pl4's Wii mode . . . if I could get to it.

That's my issue.

I can't even access the menus for the Wii mode because the moment I select "Wii Games" from the top shortcut menu in pl4, I get a Stack dump screen and the Wii freezes.

I've gone into the WiiFlow settings and I'm unable to select anything other than "Auto" or "58" in the settings for IOS selection. 249 isn't even a selection.

After deleting nandcfg.bin and diconfig.bin, I still have the same issues with WiiFlow only loading ASMB01.

I feel like I'm following the directions on that web page "to the 'T'". I really have no idea what's causing these issues.

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be approaching this from the wrong direction.

Let's try this . . .

Here's what I'm looking to achieve:

I have a large number of WW/VC games (>50GB) + a large number of ROMs (GBC, DS, DSi, GC, N64, SEGA, etc, etc,etc) that I'm looking to load from the Wii.

I have a 2TB USB drive with the 1st partition formatted to FAT32 (32Kb Cluster Size) with a wbfs folder on it and 34 Wii titles extracted (using Wii Backup Manager) into that folder.

I'd like a solution that allows me to boot into either the EmuNand or RealNand (whichever would be more appropriate) and then auto-launches a channel that provides me an all-in-one loader (WiiFlow or PL4) that looks as slick as the "Masterpiece".

What is that solution currently?

Things I'm unsure of:

1) Do I launch pl4 or WiiFlow from the EmuNand or the RealNand? (I've *been* launching them from the EmuNand SM)
a) does the fact that my emunand is missing many of the cIOS and IOS that are on my RealNand cause the Stack Dump issue that I'm experiencing in pl4
2) Does it make a difference if I launch WiiFlow or pl4 from the RealNand SM or the EmuNand SM?
3) Once I've gotten things up and running, how do I resolve my original questions re: save file (download file) management for Just Dance 4. (showing a limited amount of Wii System Memory)

Thank you for any assistance anyone can provide in achieving this goal. :bow:

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll start fresh again.

I'll use Restoremii to load a completely fresh nand after processing it with ohneschwanzenegger.exe.

I'll use ModMii to perform a SoftwareMod and from there I'll see where we can get.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
You can run everything from real nand.
Neek2o is only needed for few wiiware titles that won't work with the regular launching method, and this can be selected from wiiflow settings so you don't need to go to emunand system menu.

ModMii has the option to rehack the wii using your syscheck, this is a good way to start.

tontonsonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Just installed your wiiflow package and everything is working like a charm... it's massive and impressive, and I can't imagine the hours spent there making this whole thing work. So I just wanted to say thanks!

Cheers
Yannick

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The answer to this would be hell no, the app is good but it won't give you the content available in the masterpiece.

Abz I wanted to let you know that Nintendont r23 has very inconsistent results and launching issues compared to previous revs, so if someone wants to try a decent beta version of Nintendont r22 is the best by far. Since your the masterpiece creator, it's your duty to provide the best of the best lol :P ;)

In case you felt like replacing r23 of course in extracted if you prefer.
My 32GB Kingston class 10 SD card arrived yesterday and I transferred all my GC/QF games.
I tested r23 and it codedumped while launching the games r22 stopped at step 4 (aka usb controller verification)
Now all I need is a HID Compl. USB Controller to test my collection.
r22 is now in the extracted pack until nintendont gets updated and fixed,
and I've also added a standalone WF rev1054 dol since some ppl reported issues with 4.2.1-rev1056

Ah and now I can start downloading the coverpacks since I have 8.5 GB free on the SD card :)

Reactions: MassiveRican

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Just want to say a big thank you to you guys who contributed to making this masterpiece pack, it's fantastic and the cover art for my roms looks sick!!!

Ok, now the bad news, recently updated my wiiflow to 4.2.1 masterpiece pack, wiiflow see's all my wii games but when I go to play them it freezes and a white progress bar appears at the bottom of the screen and freezes about a fifth of the way along, any ideas on how I can fix this? I have searched but the only info I could really find was reloading the cache which I have done but to luck. Also deleting the wiiflow.ini but I can't find that anywhere.
My wii is modded and I recently set it up as suggested on the first page of this thread.
Any help is much appreciated, I have been trying to fix this for well over a week now.
I hope I posted this in the correct place if not I'm sorry.

thatfloorguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I had that issue it was the path to my emunand which I have set to full. This happened after an update. The path can be found in the wiiflow .ini which is in apps/wiiflow. I would check that before completely deleting it, otherwise you will lose all the settings you have saved and upon running Wiiflow next time a new .ini will be written. (open and edit your .ini with wordpad if using PC)

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can run everything from real nand.
Neek2o is only needed for few wiiware titles that won't work with the regular launching method, and this can be selected from wiiflow settings so you don't need to go to emunand system menu.

ModMii has the option to rehack the wii using your syscheck, this is a good way to start.

Thank you for the good information. This helps me. I think.

Based on my understanding of what you're saying, I should have WiiFlow or pL4 running on the RealNand *not* the EmuNand.

Also, if I'm launching Wii Games, they need to be launched from (RealNand)WiiFlow or (RealNand)pL4, not (EmuNand)WiiFlow or (EmuNand)pL4.

If I'm trying to access the EmuNand that has 42GB+ of VC/WW on it, I can access that from either (RealNand)WiiFlow or (RealNand)pl4. (using nand switching)

The majority (if not all) of the plugins and extra features that come with your pack are based on running (RealNand)WiiFlow or (RealNand)pL4, not the EmuNand launched environments.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. This "big picture" understanding of what's going on is essential.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thank you for the good information. This helps me. I think.

Based on my understanding of what you're saying, I should have WiiFlow or pL4 running on the RealNand *not* the EmuNand.

Well yes you run them from real nand but you can have the forwarder channels and hidden channel installed on emunand too to be used when exiting neek2o mode for instance to return to wiiflow

If I'm trying to access the EmuNand that has 42GB+ of VC/WW on it, I can access that from either (RealNand)WiiFlow or (RealNand)pl4. (using nand switching)

You don't need nand switching most of the time, only for some games that have problems with regular launching method

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hi,
Just want to say a big thank you to you guys who contributed to making this masterpiece pack, it's fantastic and the cover art for my roms looks sick!!!

Ok, now the bad news, recently updated my wiiflow to 4.2.1 masterpiece pack, wiiflow see's all my wii games but when I go to play them it freezes and a white progress bar appears at the bottom of the screen and freezes about a fifth of the way along, any ideas on how I can fix this? I have searched but the only info I could really find was reloading the cache which I have done but to luck. Also deleting the wiiflow.ini but I can't find that anywhere.
My wii is modded and I recently set it up as suggested on the first page of this thread.
Any help is much appreciated, I have been trying to fix this for well over a week now.
I hope I posted this in the correct place if not I'm sorry.
try this dol: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8aj74hvjmc3s0c/WF_rev1054_dol_only.rar
also make sure you have both "bins" and "imgs" folder in apps\wiiflow

dipswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This pack does not work for me. Configurable USB loader will launch just about everything I throw at it. When I try to launch a Wii game with this pack the Wii locks up and requires a hard reset. I don't even see an option to select my game cube games anymore. :( I want my old WiiFlow back that I deleted. :wacko:

madhartigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need nand switching most of the time, only for some games that have problems with regular launching method

Won't I need to use nand switching anytime I want to access a nand with more than 48 channels (VC/WW)?

How would I launch the VC/WW wads otherwise?

I thought VC/WW (beyond the 48 you can have on the RealNand SystemMenu) had to be injected into the EmuNand using Showmiiwads. Is there a way of just storing them on the USB drive and launching them from the RealNand SystemMenu without having to inject them into an EmuNand?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
no

select nand path in wiiflow all WW/VC will show and you can launch them same way as wii games. If a title needs to run in neek2o mode then change that title's setting

the 48 channel limit is for system menu only, usb loaders will show all the channels installed even if you have hundreds of titles

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly thank you Thatfloorguy for your suggestion, I decided not to do the emu nand and my wiiflow ini reads emunand=0 which I'm guessing is correct for my set up?
Secondly thank you Abdallah Terro for the upload of the dol file but sadly my wii still freezes with the progress bar along the bottom. Do you have anymore suggestions? Is deleting the wiiflow ini advisable? I've already tried a fresh install of the masterpiece but I'm willing to try anything.
On a side not my wii games load through USB Loader GX but would much prefer to use wiiflow.
Thanks again for your time.

welovewii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thanks again, I put the 4.2 Dol into my usb and went to change the startup setting and there appeared to be 2 tabs overlapping, I clicked it a couple times thinking the one behind might appear but it didn't, I exited wiiflow and just get a code dump, restart the wiiflow app and same thing happens. I replaced the settings in wiiflow with the one in the masterpiece set and still a code dump on start up.
Anymore ideas?

Looking through the wiiflow ini I see it says USB_ games=codedump
That must be the problem, what do I change it to? I tried USB1 and USB2 still a code dump saying dsi error reloading in 10 secs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are...