Hacking WiiFlow 4.1 lost "support" for dual HDD?

kidhazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running old WiiFlow 3.0 r417 I had 2 USB HDD attached to Wii.
1 x 750GB Video drive (NTFS)
1 x 500GB Game drive (FAT/NTFS)

WiiFlow 3.0 r417 would boot off the SD Card and would see the 500GB Game drive (I think it didn't 'see' or ignored the 750GB HDD)
(I could also use WiiMC to see the 750GB Video drive - doesn't see the 500GB drive)

I upgraded to WiiFlow 4.1 and now it on will only see the 750GB drive. If I swap the USB ports it will see the 500GB drive, but then WiiMC doesn't see the 750GB drive.

From my reading it looks like WiiFlow should only support a single USB HDD.

But I'm trying to figure out why my old WiiFlow 3.0 conveniently missed/skipped my 750GB Video drive, and there some way to re-add as an option this "support" to skip large drives so I don't need to swap HDDs when moving from games to videos.

Had additional support been added since 3.0 for larger drives that are now causing 4.1 to see the 750GB drive?

Cheers.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I think it's an issue where IOS58 (used by WiiMC?) can see both USB ports but many cIOS (used by WiiFlow) can only see port 0. It was nice that apparently apps would end up mounting the drive in port 1 if it was available so in this case they were different and could use different drives for the different app
BUT
later versions of WiiFlow run on IOS58 and don't actually load the cIOS until they need it so it apparently causes this problem.

If I'm right and that's why it is, I know there's an option somewhere to force WiiFlow to load a cIOS on boot that MIGHT solve your issue here. No promises though.

kidhazy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's an issue where IOS58 (used by WiiMC?) can see both USB ports but many cIOS (used by WiiFlow) can only see port 0. It was nice that apparently apps would end up mounting the drive in port 1 if it was available so in this case they were different and could use different drives for the different app
BUT
later versions of WiiFlow run on IOS58 and don't actually load the cIOS until they need it so it apparently causes this problem.

If I'm right and that's why it is, I know there's an option somewhere to force WiiFlow to load a cIOS on boot that MIGHT solve your issue here. No promises though.

I'll have a look through the options in 4.1 to see what may help.

I see the following in the INI.

force_cios_load=no
force_cios_rev=0

I assume I'll need something like:
force_cios_load=yes
force_cios_rev=249 (if 3.0 is working off 249 currently)

Edit:

Bingo-Bango, that got it working. On the Startup Settings I said Yes to CIOS load and set CIOS rev to 249. WiiFlow now 'skips' the 750GB Video drive and loads the games off the 500GB Fat/NTFS drive, and WiiMC still sees the 750GB Video drive. No more swapping USB cables.

WiiFlow now loads with cIOS249 (dx2 base 56) instead of IOS80 that it was using.

Thanks for the help Maxternal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...