Hacking wiiboxart.com poorly?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think i figured out why they are doing this , but they wont give me an official answer on it.

My package is for 1000 Gigs of data transfer , but they changed the package structure about 3 years ago and i still have the original package.The new package (3 years old now) only allows 300 gigs of data transfer on their top package.

I think they are going to start giving me unexplained problems so that i move away from them due to the bandwidth on my package.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its back again - permissions problem on the server - so either someone found a bug which allowed them to mess about with the site , or someone in the hosting company changed permissions for the site.

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wanted to browse some NTSC-U covers, but when I clicked on the link this message appeared:

90d403.png

So, I tried another link. This time I clicked on PAL and guess what, the same thing happened.
So I clicked on almost every link on the main page but still no luck.

any ideas? This is my first time visiting the site, BTW.

EDIT: I can view and download the covers and disc images on the bottom of the page just fine...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiico said:
Glad you're up and running....

btw.. the creation of zipfiles on the site doesn't work yet

I think all of the permissions got screwed up , ill have to check them all out and see whats not working - thanks for the heads up

Posts merged

QUOTE(B-Blue @ Jun 28 2009, 10:51 AM) I wanted to browse some NTSC-U covers, but when I clicked on the link this message appeared:

90d403.png

So, I tried another link. This time I clicked on PAL and guess what, the same thing happened.
So I clicked on almost every link on the main page but still no luck.

any ideas? This is my first time visiting the site, BTW.

[url=http://www.wiiboxart.com]http://www.wiiboxart.com[/url]

henkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kosaic said:
I think people are missing the point here.

DJTAZ started this site VERY early on when the USB Loader's were first able to handle covers/disk images. I know, I was involved.

Now it is mainstream, so why does everyone think he should pay for hosting/bandwidth out of his own pocket (no matter the cost) so everyone can freeload off him?

Everyone saved $1000's of dollars on games, so donate $1 damn dollar to enable the featuree in your loader of choice (once they are all re-coded) ... otherwise go elsewhere and do the covers as it suits your cheap ass pocketbooks.

My god, I dont understand why all the whining.

Dont like the service that DJTAZ pays for out of his pocket, then go elsewhere. EASY !!!

I agree, ppl bitching, whining and are frustrated just for donating 1 freaking dollar! Most ppl only wants to take and give nothing in return for the work and time coders spent in coding this stuff.

harsh.realm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The minimum is 1 EURO, which I'm glad to donate. It's not like they're asking for a lot.
Saves me a lot of time and trouble of finding the box art and disc art.
yay.gif

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

djtaz - Thank You
grog.gif

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
djtaz, thank you.
it was a "referral" ....thing
tongue.gif

its working fine now, great website
smile.gif

EDIT: it's not working now
frown.gif

QUOTE said:
Not Found
The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at wiiboxart.com Port 80

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
all what i can read here makes me laugh....
and makes me sad at the same time.

Do you realize all of you are whining for 1€ , although you save a huge load of money with free download of games ?

And why should DJTaz pay for you , so you can use your favorite usb loader and get your covers ?
do you think 1€ is so expensive ?
If you think it's not fair , just go and get your covers elsewhere.
if i were DJTaz i would only allow people that have made a donation to get covers......
you still can get them for free and you are all complaining....pfffff.....

I really like the fact that i can stay like a lazy guy on my couch and just clik one button to get all my covers in correct size.
giving 1€ (i even gave 5) desn't seem so expensive to me.
And i really don't think Taz is doing this to get money , he just wants to cover the bandwith price.
And i'm even sure some of you are paying to use usenext , so you can dowload all what you want with no problems , but you are not complaining to usenext that you pay for this , isn't it ?

remember this , a famous french sentence:

"tout travail mérite salaire" , just take a translator and see what i mean
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rustybanana said:
F*ckin hell! The wiiboxart site is up and down more than a brides nighty!!! Whoever is hosting it is a joke!

Lol tell me about it - its a rare sunny day here today and im indoors opening and closing the same bloody support ticket for most of the day.
Im not sure if someone is messing with the site or if the server is just being overloaded , but theres defo an issue somewhere.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most people aren't complaining about the money but the fact that the site is virtually inaccessible whether you donated or not, this inexcusable as most of the content on the site was given freely.

Every time I try and access wiiboxart.com I get:

Not Found

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.wiiboxart.com Port 80

Now if anyone can tell me how the fcuk I get onto the site to pay my fcucking £1 or whatever it is I would be very gratefull.
hate2.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
Most people aren't complaining about the money but the fact that the site is virtually inaccessible whether you donated or not, this inexcusable as most of the content on the site was given freely.

Not Found

Now if anyone can tell me how the fcuk I get onto the site to pay my fcucking £1 or whatever it is I would be very gratefull.
hate2.gif

Someone is messing with it - the wii folder was renamed to wii.out when i FTP'd into it and permissions were changed.
I think its pointless putting the site back cause whoever is doing it just keeps taking it down again.
Theres a security hole in one of the forms i have on the site that allows someone who is quite simple at messing about to make changes - i fixed the flaw in the shoutbox but the found the exploit again in another form.

If they really want to go to that much trouble to close the site , then ill leave them - im not really pushed about it , i have all the covers so ill let them win. Lifes too short for these issues , ill leave someone else have them.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Someone is messing with it - the wii folder was renamed to wii.out when i FTP'd into it and permissions were changed.
I think its pointless putting the site back cause whoever is doing it just keeps taking it down again.
Theres a security hole in one of the forms i have on the site that allows someone who is quite simple at messing about to make changes - i fixed the flaw in the shoutbox but the found the exploit again in another form.

If they really want to go to that much trouble to close the site , then ill leave them - im not really pushed about it , i have all the covers so ill let them win. Lifes too short for these issues , ill leave someone else have them.
Thanks for the update Taz. Any chance someone can put up the latest zips on rapidshare or megaupload.

Cheers

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No bother , ive asked the hosting company to reset the permissions one last time and im off out into the sun - it should come back again , but no guarantee how long it will last this time.
The last person that hacked has an ip address of 80.57.200.173

I have complained them to their ISP and because i work for an ISP myself they will actually take note if i want to go any further with it.
Im going check every form and start logging IP's again for people messing , but i wont be going to too much trouble cause nothing is worth that really.

harsh.realm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:

Not Found

hate2.gif

We are all frustrated, I'm sure djtaz is frustrated that the site keeps going down. We just have to wait.
sad.gif

rustybanana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a pain when 1 sad kiddie decides to cause problems for the masses. F*cking idiots. Enjoy the sun mate. Its just starting to rain here
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro