Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Kosaic said:
I think people are missing the point here.

DJTAZ started this site VERY early on when the USB Loader's were first able to handle covers/disk images. I know, I was involved.

Now it is mainstream, so why does everyone think he should pay for hosting/bandwidth out of his own pocket (no matter the cost) so everyone can freeload off him?

Everyone saved $1000's of dollars on games, so donate $1 damn dollar to enable the featuree in your loader of choice (once they are all re-coded) ... otherwise go elsewhere and do the covers as it suits your cheap ass pocketbooks.

My god, I dont understand why all the whining.

Dont like the service that DJTAZ pays for out of his pocket, then go elsewhere. EASY !!!

Its even moreso that an Kosaic - the covers are all still free and in the correct format and size (as they can be resized ) on the site ,so people dont even have to go anywhere else , they can get all the covers on the site still free - they just have to do them one by one

They are only bitching cause they have to work.

So the choice is pay a dollar or click each cover u want..... if thats the worst of their problems they have it good.

Simply not true. The file dimensions are not all compatible with GX, I know, I just tried. They need to be resized when downloading them from the website. And you need to use a user/pass when downloading from a USB loader now as well, so it truly is a totally different ballgame now.

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[sarcasm] o noes you have to resize all of them once!

typing in 6 numbers is such hard work.

what a terrorist djtaz is!

[/sarcasm]

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the argument isn't so much that djtaz is a bad person or whatever, just that this service could realistically be offered for free like the software downloadable through the Homebrew Browser (arguably a higher bandwidth use every month).

For the record, I personally couldn't give a shit less. Is it less convenient, sure. Is it the end of the world, no. I just download the cover when I'm downloading the ISO in the first place, then transfer the disk image over at the same time I transfer my image over from my computer. Whoopdie freakin' doo.

alexinna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
or go here http://www.console-covers.com/
tongue.gif
Can somebody explain please how to do 3d cover if I download from the above site.
Thanks.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simply unbelievable the people complaining about wiiboxart site
thank you djtaz for voluntarily setting up and maintaining the entire site
if people cant be bothered to pay 1 euro for the convenience membership allows them, screw em
again thanks for all your hard work

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
No one HAS TO fork out money to download anything - why do people keep saying that ? Its an option if you want to mass download , or at least it was when the site was there.
Every cover is still free and on the site for free to download without needing to resize or rename it like on the other sites mentioned.

Then why aren't the loaders able to download the files? I can't check out the site right now because it's down.

My offer stands. I can host the box art for the loaders for free. Do you want to join up?

MikeE21286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would gladly donate the $1 to wiiboxart.com or to the above poster if I were able to. I really enjoy having the covers available and the cover flow view which I enjoy the most is the one which kinda requires the box arts.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So sorry if I didn't get the whole procedure about donating, but if I do donate in order to get a username and password (which is totally cool with me), it would only workout for the IP address which I originally log in on?

I'm in Canada right now so I might have to wait till I get back states side for this.
tongue.gif

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
So sorry if I didn't get the whole procedure about donating, but if I do donate in order to get a username and password (which is totally cool with me), it would only workout for the IP address which I originally log in on?

I'm in Canada right now so I might have to wait till I get back states side for this.
tongue.gif

While making a donation at Wiiboxart.com I got the following message:

"Thank you XXX, your Username and password has been set and should now be ready to use on the site.
The username and password login combination will be locked to your IP for a week ( You Ip address is : XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
Anyone else gaining access to the login details may get you locked out for periods of 1 week at a time."

My suggestion at that point was to authorize by IP address (since IP addys rarely change) as well as by uname/pass... I was suggesting that in the chat box there when the site went down.

So... according to the message it will work on other IP addresses but you may get in trouble if you use it from another IP in the first week.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
So... according to the message it will work on other IP addresses but you may get in trouble if you use it from another IP in the first week.
Man that sux, because I'm pretty much a gypsy with my Wii and places like my girlfriend's apartment has a network that always changes their damn IPs.
frown.gif

Jaz808

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djtaz done everyone who wanted the right size covers and all in one place a favor, if he cant afford the bandwith, so be it, if he's asking a $1 euro to keep the site running thats great, if you dont want to pay for the conveince thats your option, me i am happy to pay, i went to donate but the sites down

I made about 30% of my covers as they where not available at the time, but still happy to pay $1 for the rest

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
djtaz said:
No one HAS TO fork out money to download anything - why do people keep saying that ? Its an option if you want to mass download , or at least it was when the site was there.
Every cover is still free and on the site for free to download without needing to resize or rename it like on the other sites mentioned.

Then why aren't the loaders able to download the files? I can't check out the site right now because it's down.

My offer stands. I can host the box art for the loaders for free. Do you want to join up?

I said the covers were free, i didnt say the wii could download them for free - thats a luxury.
If you want the covers free , go to the website and download them and put them on your SD card, its still easier than getting them from any other site and resizing and converting them.

Posts merged

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Jun 28 2009, 03:20 AM)
I see the sites still down.

So is it officially lost or is all the info recoverable?

Id gladly donate to keep it going.

It was back up for 7 minutes while i slept , they closed the ticket and its at the same state again now- i reopened the ticket.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
dexter222 said:
Man that sux, because I'm pretty much a gypsy with my Wii and places like my girlfriend's apartment has a network that always changes their damn IPs.
frown.gif

LOL It's not that big a deal
smile.gif
Just be patient? And it only said for the first week...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hooya said:
Simply not true. The file dimensions are not all compatible with GX, I know, I just tried. They need to be resized when downloading them from the website. And you need to use a user/pass when downloading from a USB loader now as well, so it truly is a totally different ballgame now.

Did you put the size you want into the box at the top and click submit before downloading ?
I cant make a website idiot proof , some input on the users part is needed , if u dont tell the site the size u want , you cant blame it for giving u the default size.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dexter222 said:
jservs7 said:
dexter222 said:
frown.gif

LOL It's not that big a deal
smile.gif
Just be patient? And it only said for the first week...

No - what it will do is lock your username to your IP address for a period of a week.
I have been thinking about this though, and i think ill be able to let people use 7 IP's for the week averaging one a day if your IP is dynamic , which i think would be fair.

All im trying to do is to stop mass downloads with no regard on the site - if someone is responsible for their username and pass or they loose access , they are less likely to give out their username and pass. If i dont impliment a system based on IP security anyone could share their pass worldwide and the mindless mass downloads continue

harsh.realm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awaiting for the return of www.wiiboxart.com

I wiped out my SD card without backing up my files, My USB Loader GX looks so empty without the covers and disc images
I miss the 3D Covers
cry.gif

djtaz, I thank you for the time and effort that you put in -
bow.gif
- djtaz -
bow.gif
-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.