Homebrew Wii64/Not64 compatability with N64->GCN Adapters?

secrettrek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a bit of an experiment, I bought some adapters from www.raphnet-tech.com to try out. There are different ones to go from retro controllers to GCN. I've tried out the NES and SNES adapters and they work great in FCEUGX and SNESGX. And since they emulate a GCN controller, you can use them in GCN and Wii games, too.

I also got an N64 to GCN adapter, and while that works in most emulators and for GCN/Wii games (and even has rumble feedback!), the one place it doesn't work is Not64. The emulator detects that a GCN controller (the adapter) is present, but no input is detected. No buttons, joystick, anything.

I was wondering if anyone has in general had experience with Wii64 or Not64 having trouble supporting any sort of 3rd party controller or adapter, and if a fix is known. It would be so cool to fire up the roms and use the original controller, and so far it works everywhere but this one situation.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a bit of an experiment, I bought some adapters from www.raphnet-tech.com to try out. There are different ones to go from retro controllers to GCN. I've tried out the NES and SNES adapters and they work great in FCEUGX and SNESGX. And since they emulate a GCN controller, you can use them in GCN and Wii games, too.

I also got an N64 to GCN adapter, and while that works in most emulators and for GCN/Wii games (and even has rumble feedback!), the one place it doesn't work is Not64. The emulator detects that a GCN controller (the adapter) is present, but no input is detected. No buttons, joystick, anything.

I was wondering if anyone has in general had experience with Wii64 or Not64 having trouble supporting any sort of 3rd party controller or adapter, and if a fix is known. It would be so cool to fire up the roms and use the original controller, and so far it works everywhere but this one situation.

His secrettrek3. I seem to be trying to figure out the same thing as you. I am trying to see if there is a way to use a N64 controller with not64.

Looks like you tried this one http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/n64_to_wii/index.php and it did not work with not64. Looks like it should work with Virtual Console N64 games.

Did you try any N64 to wiimote adapters? Such as: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/n64_to_wiimote/index.php

Or the classic link adapter at:http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Nintendo-Wii-Gamecube-Game-Cube/dp/B007PVC30M

Thank you.

callahanjob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Older thread but figured it could use the bump. I'm currently trying to work out the same issues.

The link adapter from amazon worked perfectly with wii64 and other emulators. Because of performance issues with some games, I bumped to not64 second edition. Not64 'strobe detects' the link adapter, like you're standing there connecting and disconnecting the adapter like a madman. Also, with not64 and a GCN controller, it thinks you're wailing on the z button like that same madman. None of these issues existed with wii64. I will play with some configs and post a reply if I can work out a fix.

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GCN to N64 I linked in my last post above works with Not64 20130408. It does not work with the newest versions. I asked Extrems to look into this. If I want to use the latest not64 editions I just use my GCN controller.

callahanjob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not64 20130408 was the ticket, some nasty audio in places in a couple games but smooth game play and all controllers working properly, including N64 controller with the link adapter from amazon. Thanks ngs.

Reactions: ngs428

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1