Hacking wii

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for the triple post but im getting no were. my wii is so F***. it bricked last night from trying to install a system .wad. but i had preloader and bootmii. tryed the wani update and it installed a bunch of patched ios, but didnt fix the bricked wii. so i Anyregion changer downgraded to 3.2 but i lost boot mii and preloader. i cant install bootmii cuz my ios is patched. any why i can get bootmii installed?? thanks. cant run dop ios, just the mod one

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do nothing. Leave it as a lesson learned that people without technical know-how or at least a little common sense have no business modding their Wii in the first place.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, you guys win the "Unnecessary Post Awards". If you're not going to help, then either ignore it or refer him to someone who will. Going "haha ur a noob" is just as bad as making another "Bricked Wii, help!" thread.

Second, dude, your Wii is kind of fucked. Honestly, you made some bad decisions. It seemed perfectly salvageable when it was initially bricked, at which point you should have swallowed your pride and asked for help, but now that you fucked around with your system more, I don't think it'll be easily salvageable (if at all). Yet again, I'm not expert.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Skizzo said:
So, a Wii that can run Dop-IOS MOD is still considered 'bricked'?
?
no if a wii can run homebrew then its far from bricked.
Well I realize it's a difficult post to comprehend, but doesn't the following sound like he can still run homebrew? Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong...

"i cant install bootmii cuz my ios is patched. any why i can get bootmii installed?? thanks. cant run dop ios, just the mod one"

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
xzxero said:
Skizzo said:
So, a Wii that can run Dop-IOS MOD is still considered 'bricked'?
?
no if a wii can run homebrew then its far from bricked.
Well I realize it's a difficult post to comprehend, but doesn't the following sound like he can still run homebrew? Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong...

"i cant install bootmii cuz my ios is patched. any why i can get bootmii installed?? thanks. cant run dop ios, just the mod one"

Sounds like he can run something. Perhaps he is getting a vunerable IOS not found issue when trying to use the hackmii installer...but who the hell knows. Got to love the topic title too. Just "wii". Hah.

Considering the OP has not replied, I would say it is either a gag or someone who just does not need the help anyway...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off I want to say this: DOWNGRADING ANY WII FOR ANY REASON IS A TRUCKLOAD OF FAIL

With that said... I need more information.

What exactly can your Wii do at the moment?
If you lost preloader and bootmii... how can you run DoP-IOS mod on a 'bricked' Wii again?

If DoP-IOS mod really does run then the first thing you need to do is install the OLD (press "-") version of IOS30. Then install IOS61 with no patches at all. This will both allow you to run the hackmii installer AND install the latest HBC without it being upside down. If you have a way of running DoP-IOS mod then run the hackmii installer the same way.

if this doesn't help you then I really need to know the answers to my 2 questions to be of any help.

ohh... and is your Wii a newer one or older one (as in... is it an LU64+)?
If it's an older one an the actual system menu part of your downgrading attempt isn't messed up then installing the old IOS30 like I said above should actually get you back to the system menu screen. From there my suggestion is to run the official Nintendo system update. Many guides are here in the sticky threads that walk you from a freshly upgraded 4.2 Wii to a hacked Wii step-by-step, and if you can't follow those guides then you have no business messing with your Wii.

SherlockHolmeboy

Trophies
Website
homebrefreeware.co.cc
XP
Country
r9delta said:
Do nothing. Leave it as a lesson learned that people without technical know-how or at least a little common sense have no business modding their Wii in the first place.

/thread

Seriously, though, there's not a lot you can do now. From the looks of things, all you can do is

1. Nothing
2. Send it to Nintendo
3. Hit it around the backyard with a sledgehammer

I'd say do no. 3 and post it to Youtube.
tongue.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can still run homebrew, does that mean you can still start the Wii up? In that case, why not do an update to 4.2 to clean out your IOS's? Or run the safe 4.2 updater (not Waninkoko's).

And guys, we don't need to be total jerks to people unless they're severe repeat offenders.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm being included in the 'jerks' statememnt then note that I am at least trying to be useful. My initial comment was/is directed at eveybody.
Whenever someone asks about downgrading a Wii I want to reach through the internet and choke slam them.

There is 1 thing and 1 thing only, older menus can do that 4.2 can't (yet). That's working with the region free discs hack(s). But 4.1 works with it so there is no reason at all to be below 4.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2