Wii #XXXX - Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers *NUKED* (USA)

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Ferrariman said:
Look! It's my childhood!

Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards are pretty good but seriously, that hair is more fucked up than the original series.

One distinct quality in the Yugioh series is that the main protaganist has seriously freakish and fucked up hair..... Do people even have hair like Yugi and Yusei?

But seriously 5D made the series into shit.... motorcycle races..... even in between duels (in wc 09).... 5D has the crappiest hair and story of the whole Yugioh IMO

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Now they are going to do a goth trend! What next curly classic hair? Afro with spikes? Atrociously coloured mohawks with random spikes? shaved hair with tiny spikes? Japanese Yazuka style... WITH SPIKES? C'mon stop destroying the franchise konami.... GX was already ruining the franchise
mad.gif

Ontopic:
Seen the trailers and this game looks like it can be a decent racing game.... But I'll never play it.... a YGO motorbike racing game....

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
dinofan01 said:
How does a card game relate to motorcycles?
Even Mario, Sonic, Bomberman and the Chocobos have racing games
wink.gif

QUOTE(Youkai @ May 20 2009, 11:59 AM) All of you guys are forgetting that this shit has nothing to do with yugioh -.-V

its just a very bad yugioh themed mario kart clone
and that's why i'll give this a try, because a "normal" yu-gi-oh game i'd flush down the toilet

btw, here are som screenshots:

952817_20090429_screen003.jpg

952817_20090429_screen007.jpg

952817_20090429_thumb002.jpg
952817_20090413_thumb002.jpg
952817_20090430_thumb002.jpg
952817_20090312_thumb001.jpg
952817_20090413_thumb014.jpg

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if its possible to take the voice files from the japanese version and add it into the american version?

i read they only dubbed the MC's voice in the american version.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think mario kart. thats how it functions. isntead of item boxes that give you weapons, its cards and you get cards to use. bad thing about it is you can run out of cards and get screwed

NeverX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is actually pretty damn fun and this is coming from a non-fanatical standpoint.

The game is kind of like Mario Kart in that it is non-serious and this is probably the best way I've ever seen power-ups done that does not feel like a watered down version of Mario Kart.

You start out with a selection of 15 cards that make up your deck. You slowly amass more and you can customize the deck. These are the power-ups that you get when you run over the card animations on the race track. You can have up to six at a time in your "hand". You balance your cards between power and "control". For power, you can use monster cards that summon a monster which basically lets you shoot flame balls. Hopefully the attack rating on your monster is larger than the defense rating of the opposing monster. You have to race around to hopefully avoid getting hit by your opponent while also hopefully destroying your opponent's monster. If your opponent has no monster summoned, you can attack directly and if you get their life points (hit points) down to zero, they spin out and you can gain some ground.

The fun part is the control. You can go for attack monsters in your deck (which so far I've kept at the starting 15 amount) but then also include monsters with abilities. "Sonic Chick" which you start off with has an attack and defense of 300 but can't be touched by any monster with an attack of 1900 or more. Often times this means invulnerability although you won't be able to destroy anything else. Sometimes it's nice to throw one of these up until you manage to run over a card animation that gives you a stronger monster, or other times, throw one up at the end of a race when it's close and use the "Rush Recklessly" spell card you've been saving up for that game winning boost right before the finish line.

Other cards include Yami which blinds the enemy, Mystic Space Typhoon that'll randomly destroy a card in your opponent's hand, Sakuretsu Armor that'll negate an enemy attack and deal 500 damage back to their life points regardless of any monsters, and so on.

It's all really fun. Unfortunately, the handling on the bike racing could use a little help and the storyline is pretty lame (though ignorable), and I didn't care for the character designs. It all feels a little budget-like. But otherwise, worth checking out.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind about what i asked earlier. no one could help me then. i found a undub version. pretty good. original voices FTW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1