Wii #XXXX - Metroid Prime: Trilogy *DVD5* (USA)

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a question about Neogamma ( I use USB GX ), I never used it before, I wonder if this game is working on Neogamma R7 AND Cios 13a? I dotn want to isntall rev14 because has some bugs..

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use the latest neogamma but i dont use usb loader. just playing off the disc. try getting the .dol and load it off sd card and report back

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
a dummy file can be linked, it's an empty file.

How did you remove the MP3 ? manually editing the content ?

Maybe using the same method than SSBB with 7zip.exe to cut the file in 4 699 979 776 chunk is working too.
SSBB needed an additional step to change the video reference file, but this might not be needed for MPT(1+2).

Teknology

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
garyla said:
is pm allowed? or you can just email it to me the link to this email : [email protected]
oh, is there anything i need to apply? brickblocker? regionfrii?

thanks alot

The ISO already has the UPDATE partition deleted. I am not sure how that effects brickblocker, and never needed to use regionfrii, but this fix will allow brickblocker to open it up now, as before it couldn't.

Here is the dummy file with a small txt for help: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BSUDBV4

Teknology

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
a dummy file can be linked, it's an empty file.

How did you remove the MP3 ? manually editing the content ?

Maybe using the same method than SSBB with 7zip.exe to cut the file in 4 699 979 776 chunk is working too.
SSBB needed an additional step to change the video reference file, but this might not be needed for MPT(1+2).

I put dummy files in their place. I have ISOs for each game (plus one for the FrontEnd) individually right now:
Game loads RIGHT into the first save file (no logos or clicking, starts a new game if needed)
Quit Game option actually resets the game, making it load the last saved location.
MP1 is only 964MB before the dummy data to make the ISO full size (20x50MB RAR'ed)
FE is needed for bonus content and to make the first save file, otherwise, while the other games will save, they make corrupt save data, or so the Wii considers it, and going into Wii Data Management auto-deletes them.

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Teknology said:
garyla said:
is pm allowed? or you can just email it to me the link to this email : [email protected]

thanks alot

The ISO already has the UPDATE partition deleted. I am not sure how that effects brickblocker, and never needed to use regionfrii, but this fix will allow brickblocker to open it up now, as before it couldn't.

Here is the dummy file with a small txt for help: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4BSUDBV4

Hi thanx, for the work youve done on the ISO, also thanx for the dummy file. I followed your included .txt file instructions exactly, but when I try & combine the files, Im just left with a new .ISO thats only 320kb. Is there any other way of combining the 2 files properly? Please help. Is it possible to to do it in Wii Scrubber etc??

garyla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankarlo said:
Teknology said:
garyla said:

thanks alot

Hi thanx, for the work youve done on the ISO, also thanx for the dummy file. I followed your included .txt file instructions exactly, but when I try & combine the files, Im just left with a new .ISO thats only 320kb. Is there any other way of combining the 2 files properly? Please help. Is it possible to to do it in Wii Scrubber etc??

one of his text instructions was had a little typo error, copy mptdvd5.iso+dummywii new.iso, he missed out the "." in "dummy.wii".
but even when i done that, i got the dummy.wii file size plus 320kb, it doesnt seem to recognise the iso file, any ideas?

thanks

Teknology

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankarlo said:
Teknology said:
garyla said:

thanks alot

It works fine for me, not sure what is going on there... did you perhaps close the command prompt too early? You have to wait until it finishes the copy, leaving you to enter input again. If that's not working, there might be a program out there for combining 2 files, I'm taking a look.

This might work: http://www.altap.cz/salam_en/features/split.html Not sure what the trial limitations are.

If all else fails, all I did was use Hex Workshop to increase the file size by 656408576 (Actually did it in 6 x 100000000 pieces, then a final 56408576, so that I didn't get a lot of computer lag.)

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
garyla said:
hankarlo said:
Teknology said:
garyla said:

thanks alot

one of his text instructions was had a little typo error, copy mptdvd5.iso+dummywii new.iso, he missed out the "." in "dummy.wii".
but even when i done that, i got the dummy.wii file size plus 320kb, it doesnt seem to recognise the iso file, any ideas?

thanks
Yeah I seen the typo, I corrected it, then I got a new .iso that was 641,344kb which is 626mb. So the command seems to be just changing the dummy.wii file to .ISO file & its not combineing the 2. Maybe the command needs to be re-wrote? I havent a clue how to do that, I dont know anything about command promts.

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx Teknology, for searching for an app to glue the 2 files 2gether. But, is it possible to re-write the command to glue the the .ISO files that I now have?

Hey garyla, have you had any luck trying to combine the 2 files yet?

Teknology

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankarlo said:
Thanx Teknology, for searching for an app to glue the 2 files 2gether. But, is it possible to re-write the command to glue the the .ISO files that I now have?

Hey garyla, have you had any luck trying to combine the 2 files yet?

I didn't make the command itself, it's a built in windows command. Are you typing in the example ISO name I gave, or the one of your file?
Also, maybe try renaming the ISO to something short, like MTPDVD5.iso? That's what I had the ISO named and it worked fine when I tested it...
Why does everything I do not work for others!

hankarlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to combine the 2 files with the app you found...the ISO is now the proper 4.37gb, thanx for that.
But the game still wont load. When I put the DVD into the system, it spins up & I can see it in the disk channel, but it shows up as a gamecube game, then when I select it from the menu, it freezes. The game keeps spinning but the Wii screen goes black & noting. I have to unplug it so I can reset my system. I have a PAL v4.1e Wii with a D2Pro modchip, the only thing I do to the .ISO before I burn it, is, delete the update with Wiizle Diizle Shiizle (its a brickblocker app). I dunno what Im doing wrong, but its melting my head!

Is this release ment run as a Wii game or gamecube? are you ment to be able to select either Prime 1 or 2 form the Triogly menu, like in the normal release? any ideas????

Teknology

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hankarlo said:
I managed to combine the 2 files with the app you found...the ISO is now the proper 4.37gb, thanx for that.
But the game still wont load. When I put the DVD into the system, it spins up & I can see it in the disk channel, but it shows up as a gamecube game, then when I select it from the menu, it freezes. The game keeps spinning but the Wii screen goes black & noting. I have to unplug it so I can reset my system. I have a PAL v4.1e Wii with a D2Pro modchip, the only thing I do to the .ISO before I burn it, is, delete the update with Wiizle Diizle Shiizle (its a brickblocker app). I dunno what Im doing wrong, but its melting my head!

Is this release ment run as a Wii game or gamecube? are you ment to be able to select either Prime 1 or 2 form the Triogly menu, like in the normal release? any ideas????

I have 3.2U Wii, softmodded, works fine. Beside from it not having Prime 3, it is an exact of the Trilogy game, FrontEnd and bonus material is all left intact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__