Wii #XXXX - Metroid Prime: Trilogy *DVD5* (USA)

ThetaSigma10

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
just what ive been waiting for XD

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
...if I knew this was coming, I wouldn't have bothered downloading the Trilogy DVD9 version...looks like I'm downloading this.
Same then I find out the best one dosen't work so I consider burning it but I don't have a DL so this better have MP3.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Trilogy DVD9 version is better than DVD5 because of remove movies in DVD5 version ? IF so.. I am stick with DVD9.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pitoui said:
Err Ichigo, this release doesn't have MP3. You should probably read the NFO.
Damn well I did skim the NFO but I must have missed it. Anyway does anybody know if this need alt dol since this and MP3 scrubbed is the same size as metriod trilogy.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about a PPF patch so people don't have to redownload the whole thing again? Given that the SSBB conversion to DVD-5 only took about 1.5MB, I think it would be a much more useful.

Teknology

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
the Trilogy DVD9 version is better than DVD5 because of remove movies in DVD5 version ? IF so.. I am stick with DVD9.

The only thing removed was the Metroid Prime 3 game, none of the other movies; none of the bonus material or the other games have been touched. The Metroid Prime 3 games is an exact of the original Wii released one, so there is no need for it here, unless you want to use a DVD9.

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Azariel_z said:
So how are you suppossed to unlocok the bonus if you dont ahve MP3 to play ?

Well you get credits from 1 and 2
You can buy the bonus through the menu and there's some bonus for MP 1 and 2

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
actually it is not an exact copy of the wii game.
in a recent interview Retro stated they streamlined the game a little, faster load times and less framerate hickups
(MP3 that is)

Teknology

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flameo200 said:
Will this run off a USB loader with no problems?

In heart of this problem, I have been asked to work on a stand alone set of games. I am currently undergoing tests with MP1, and seems I may be able to do so, with 2 slight problems. I do not have USB for my Wii, so hoping these tests help minimize extensive latter tests.

The first being that it automatically loads the game, this cannot be helped, as the game selector is in the frontend part, which is what seems to makes it require the alt dol method.

The second problem is that this method also bypasses the normal save method for Metroid Prime Trilogy, so if you don't have an actual MPT save file made from the frontend, in the first slot, the Wii sees this as a corrupt saved file. Entering your Wii Data Management will delete the saved file without even asking you. So users may have to create a new game from the frontend, only once though.

I have no clue how these will interact with each other when I test with MP2:E

QUOTE(adzix @ Aug 31 2009, 07:39 AM) actually it is not an exact copy of the wii game.
in a recent interview Retro stated they streamlined the game a little, faster load times and less framerate hickups
(MP3 that is)

In light of what is mentioned above, I may make a stand alone MP3:C then, but MP3:C is too large right now to fit on a DVD5 with the frontend.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you think there will be a MPT with MP3 only ?
MP1 and MP2 removed, so MP3 will use the same save file to complete MPT.

I tried to delete MP1 & MP2, but I need more tools, wiiscruber can't delete files.
But I'm sure it can be done with Wiscrubber and/or Crediar's Wiitools to recreate partition.

edit :
Teknology said:
In light of what is mentioned above, I may make a stand alone MP3:C then, but MP3:C is too large right now to fit on a DVD5 with the frontend.
Ah, I thought it will fit :/

Front end has MP1 & 2 data too. maybe we could delete them. I'm checking the size right now.
edit :
I extracted all the files, deleted all the bonus (MP1,2 and 3) and the front end MP1 and MP2 launcher. it's a 4.03G now. (4.08 with the update partition replace to WBB1.3).
I didn't have reconstruct the Game partition, I don't know if it gonna be a lot larger once done, but I think it will fit a DVD5 nicely.
Bonus will have to be viewed with MP1+2 DVD5.

I'm leaving the partition rebuilding process to someone else. (Teknology, if you can ?)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
do wiikey owners still have to use gecko os to start it? if they dont the wii resets when you select a game that's what happens to me if i dont use gecko on the dvd 9 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Ah shit, here we go again. I ain't represented Grove Street in five years, but the...