Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
jan777 said:
Must be that sexy voice that makes me feel naked.
You like bad souless voice acting that sounds like a machine is doing the work?

Sorry, my bad. i was actually naked.
laugh.gif
but really. I like it.
ninja.gif

konkeydong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I encountered something weird.

The game froze after the tutorial, so i followed someones advice to try ios223 in USBLoader GX.
With ios223 the game didn't start at all and the screen went black. I rebooted, and now USBLoader and WiiFlow cant even find the WBFS-partition
ohmy.gif

I can't reach it from my computer with WBFS Manager either.

Someone have any idea what's going on?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
Gaydrian said:
jan777 said:
Must be that sexy voice that makes me feel naked.
You like bad souless voice acting that sounds like a machine is doing the work?

Sorry, my bad. i was actually naked.
laugh.gif
but really. I like it.
ninja.gif

The voice acting isn't as bad as some other games that get downright awful voice casts but it still feels very plain and it feels like it's read straight from the script.

slyfox27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a lot of you guys got this working a lot farther than I have. My problem is that as soon as it comes to the first loading screen after the title it just hangs there and I have not been able to get passed it. I've been trying most of the solutions posted but now I'm at i'm truly at a lost here. Any ideas of help would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently running cIOSX rev20 IOS56 as the base, usually using cfg usb loader or wiiflow. Thanks in adavnce.

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good people, my download has finally finished and I will try and use the knowledge I gained here to get it to work in a bit... However I have one last question - How would I go about removing the update partition with WiiScrubber?

In a matter of fact, which version of WiiScrubber should I use? 1.4?

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
koops said:
if u look closely u can see some critters walking around.. look at them and you'll face a damn hard boss (damn u Team Ninja
cry.gif
)
I think I just encountered that damn hard boss you were talking about. I tried for hours to shoot those wasplike creatures and got to the second part where they all spit loads of goo balls and I have to dodge like crazy and destroy that "beak" thing.... I just can't manage it. Can somebody please tell me how to crack this mother???

brainwabrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brainwabrain said:
the_Predator said:
brainwabrain said:
I'm about 2 hours in and I've just climbed a spiral ramp and dropped down the center and now I can't get into the side scroll mode. I can look around in 1st person and access the menu, but when a turn the wii remote side ways the screen turns green and never switches back to the side view.

Am I missing an ios? I'm booting off disc, set the layer break as recommended in this thread, and I have a mod chip. I didn't allow updates to run from the disc, but I manually installed IOS58-64-v6175.wad, cIOS223[37-38]-v4.wad, IOS61-v5405.wad

I think this is the first time somebody has an issue that late in the game. Maybe some cutscene starts at that point which is somehow broken?

I just tried it loading through NeoGamma and had the same problem. I've tried 2 different media with the same image source. I'm going to try another image source but that will take some time to finish.
Here is where I'm stuck:

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
koops said:
if u look closely u can see some critters walking around.. look at them and you'll face a damn hard boss (damn u Team Ninja
cry.gif
)
I think I just encountered that damn hard boss you were talking about. I tried for hours to shoot those wasplike creatures and got to the second part where they all spit loads of goo balls and I have to dodge like crazy and destroy that "beak" thing.... I just can't manage it. Can somebody please tell me how to crack this mother???
Diffusion Charge Beam = anti-bug shotgun. Use it to clear out the fliers, and then when you've got some breathing room switch to first-person and give it some missiles. I died the first time I tried it but only got hit once the second time (Samus ninja dodging ftw).

the_Predator said:
Good people, my download has finally finished and I will try and use the knowledge I gained here to get it to work in a bit... However I have one last question - How would I go about removing the update partition with WiiScrubber?
In a matter of fact, which version of WiiScrubber should I use? 1.4?
I think that's what I have. Load the ISO, use Scrub to remove garbage data, and Trim to remove partitions (I think).

QUOTE(brainwabrain @ Aug 27 2010, 02:42 PM)
Here is where I'm stuck:
It's not a glitch, as someone has already explained to you (you missed it). Whenever this happens you have to find a subject to scan - in this case, there are some brown bugs right in front of you.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:
Really good game.
Actually the first metroid that got me so hooked. Must be that sexy voice that makes me feel naked.

HA! Really? I've wanted to delete this game since Samus first started talking... reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty... using words that no one else would for a specific conversation, makes the good voice acting hideous. Anyway... yea Samus voice actor - Thumbs down.

Wynd

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't care what any one thinks about this game, this is in my opinion the best console since the snes days. The metroid primes were good but going back to it's old school 2d roots is what puts this over top of those. I'm old school and ain't nothing going to change my mind.
yaywii.gif

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download is finished, extracting is finished, time to try and scrub that shit. Will burn on a DVD+R DL with the set layer break afterwards and try booting with my soft modded Wii using Neogamma r9 and ISO249rev17.

Wish me luck.

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
brainwabrain said:
brainwabrain said:
the_Predator said:
brainwabrain said:
I'm about 2 hours in and I've just climbed a spiral ramp and dropped down the center and now I can't get into the side scroll mode. I can look around in 1st person and access the menu, but when a turn the wii remote side ways the screen turns green and never switches back to the side view.

Am I missing an ios? I'm booting off disc, set the layer break as recommended in this thread, and I have a mod chip. I didn't allow updates to run from the disc, but I manually installed IOS58-64-v6175.wad, cIOS223[37-38]-v4.wad, IOS61-v5405.wad

I think this is the first time somebody has an issue that late in the game. Maybe some cutscene starts at that point which is somehow broken?

I just tried it loading through NeoGamma and had the same problem. I've tried 2 different media with the same image source. I'm going to try another image source but that will take some time to finish.
Here is where I'm stuck:
Look on the ground, there are some rollypolly-likecreatures on the ground you need to scan. They are a little hard to see, but they're bunched together.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
the_Predator said:
Download is finished, extracting is finished, time to try and scrub that shit. Will burn on a DVD+R DL with the set layer break afterwards and try booting with my soft modded Wii using Neogamma r9 and ISO249rev17.

Wish me luck.
Make sure to include your wii FW and any other modifications you've made to the system files, such as installing cioscorp, hermes, etc.
Replicating a working setup is the hard part, as everyone tries to cut corners too often.

brainwabrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Akuma147 said:
brainwabrain said:
brainwabrain said:
the_Predator said:
brainwabrain said:

Here is where I'm stuck:
Look on the ground, there are some rollypolly-likecreatures on the ground you need to scan. They are a little hard to see, but they're bunched together.
Thanks dude!!! The why the screen responded I thought there was a bug.

I owe you a steak
yaywii.gif

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems the UPDATE deleting was as simple as loading, selecting, deleting and clicking scrub to recompress it?
tongue.gif
Since my image was already scrubbed, will this create issues?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...