Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

snake32493

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried running is UNEEK+DI, game freezes after title screen is pressed.
Tried removing the update partition... samething happens.
On 4.2u and using UNEEK+DI re 120.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i hate windows update
hate2.gif
resets itself at night while it's downloading now so i still have to wait ages for it to finish.. :\

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Working fine for me so far on 4.1E Wii, cIOSRev 17 and USBLOader GX (I forget which version) with no options changes. about 50 minutes into the game, so it could crash later, but definatly past the "Baby cry" scene.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Suicide said:
Game is running perfect for me on USB Loader GX with IOS 222.
yaywii.gif

Did you play a lot with this game? or just 5 min??

I tried ios 222 with smash bros and doesn't past the first cutscene.. so metroid trilogy

Other M works with 222??

sebaash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
work in my wii 4.2 wiikey beta firmware (NSMBWii)
HDD and Wiiflow.

More than 4 hrs playing!
biggrin.gif

IS A AWESOME GAME :3!!!!

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So now it's working but now I'm stuck in the game lol

******SLIGHT SPOILERS FOR VERY EARLY PARTS********

once you've taken the big elevator into the 1st real part, and get to the room where there's a cutscene and Samus talks about how the people she's seen have been torn apart by big creatures, but this is something different - where do you go next? I left that room and the door closes and locks behind me. I'm just running around in a few different rooms trying to spot a heretofore unseen exit atm hah

I've felt like an idiot multiple times today, it's nice
wink.gif

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I promise that's the last time I ask for help then immediately figure it out lol. How small are some of the spots you need to lock onto! maaan. Game is so awesome though! that bunny is awesome, and cute/scary is exactly right haha

Panaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to register to this site finally after using it for a long time for all my wii needs just to say this. THANK YOU, whoever it was who mentioned jdownloader. I forgot I had the stupid thing, and once I started searching with jdownloader in mind, my wait for this game went from 2 days or so from a torrent down to 2.5 hours. Cheers. Hopefully I won't have to post back in this thread asking for help on what settings to use with GX or config. I'm praying fudge's posts/advice are enough.

Suicide

'Nuff said...
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pete666 said:
Suicide said:
Game is running perfect for me on USB Loader GX with IOS 222.
yaywii.gif

Did you play a lot with this game? or just 5 min??

I tried ios 222 with smash bros and doesn't past the first cutscene.. so metroid trilogy

Other M works with 222??
I've played for over two hours. Game works flawlessly.

johnelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got stuck in the game. Can anybody help me. I'm a little past 3 hours into the game, and it's a bit of a spoiler.

Right after you go outside onto the training grounds and fight of that monster that pounces on you by shooting its tail, you find the body of one of the galactic soldiers. The game enters first person view where you have to scan something, but I can't seem to find where to scan. I'd assume that you would scan the dead body but I can't. Checked all around me still can't find anything to scan.

As for the game so far, it's decent, but so far one of the worst metroid games I've played. The games pretty linear, meaning, very little exploration. The third-person view parts of the game are tedious and unnecessary, and so is the first person scanning to progress the story. Samus's voice acting is pretty bad but I've gotten used to it, all other voice acting is decent. I also don't like the fact that you can no longer replenish your health by collecting orbs from killed enemies. Although when you are near death, I like how you have the chance to recharge one bar of health, and recharging missiles is also a plus.

As for the pros. Although they take a little while to get used to, I'm really enjoying the controls and combat. Switching to first person view works pretty well and they give a lot of leeway with the dodging mechanic. I also like how the game is more difficult than the other 2D Metroids, but I guess that was to be expected from a Team Ninja game.

johnelee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snake32493 said:
You have to scan the green slime on ground.

Thanks for the quick response. I should have guessed that since that one guy was like "What could have caused this?". Oh, well. Thanks again.

QUOTE(Popid @ Aug 27 2010, 01:24 AM) Ok I promise that's the last time I ask for help then immediately figure it out lol. How small are some of the spots you need to lock onto! maaan. Game is so awesome though! that bunny is awesome, and cute/scary is exactly right haha

No kidding! These first person scenes are killing me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC