Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, from what I have gathered in this thread, I have a few questions for people that did & didn't get it to work. If you do answer, please state if you did or didn't get it working beyond lock ups.

1) Did you have Cios19 or Cios20 installed?
2) What application did you use to get it to work? Was it a Disc Loader, USB Loader, or another application?
3) Which release did you have? With Update Partition (7.45gb) or without it (7.25gb)?
4) Was there anything else you did to the ISO?

Please answer. Everyone's answers should help us all to find the correct solution for disc and usb.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
I don't think this deserves another thread, but what am I supposed to examine right after I land on the first ship/planet?

Haven't played the game yet, but I would say right off the bat, Manthony Higgs. You have to tell him you remember him, or he will burst into smiling tears.
yaywii.gif

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gokuguy said:
OK, from what I have gathered in this thread, I have a few questions for people that did & didn't get it to work. If you do answer, please state if you did or didn't get it working beyond lock ups.

2) What application did you use to get it to work? Was it a Disc Loader, USB Loader, or another application?
3) Which release did you have? With Update Partition (7.45gb) or without it (7.25gb)?

Please answer. Everyone's answers should help us all to find the correct solution for disc and usb.

Currently freezes with everything I've tried:

PAL 3.2E; fat32 HDD

CFG USBloader v57

Cfg loader lists the game as 7.44gb. (full ISO size on HDD, extracted from the .rar is apparently 8,306,688KB. If I add up the file-sizes of the .wbfs files, they come to a total of 7,800,834KB...)

1) tried originally with cIOS rev14, didn't work. Tried rev20 base 57, didn't work. Tried 222, didn't work.

I thought I DID dld the version without the update partition...but then I don't know why this is my file-size

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popid said:
gokuguy said:

PAL 3.2E; fat32 HDD

CFG USBloader v57

Cfg loader lists the game as 7.44gb. (full ISO size on HDD, extracted from the .rar is apparently 8,306,688KB. If I add up the file-sizes of the .wbfs files, they come to a total of 7,800,834KB...)

1) tried originally with cIOS rev14, didn't work. Tried rev20 base 57, didn't work. Tried 222, didn't work.

I thought I DID dld the version without the update partition...but then I don't know why this is my file-size

Thanks for the reply. If you still have the ISO, could you use WiiScrubber to check to see if the update partition is still on that iso, to confirm this?

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gokuguy said:
Popid said:
gokuguy said:

PAL 3.2E; fat32 HDD

CFG USBloader v57

Thanks for the reply. If you still have the ISO, could you use WiiScrubber to check to see if the update partition is still on that iso, to confirm this?

Ok. Yep it would appear to have the update in it

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popid said:
gokuguy said:
Popid said:
gokuguy said:

PAL 3.2E; fat32 HDD

CFG USBloader v57

Thanks a bunch. This should help in finding the answer. If you would like, you can take the update partition off of the game & try it then. I'm not saying to do it, I'm just saying it might help in the finding of a fix.
Anyway, thanks again.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
Popid said:
gokuguy said:
Popid said:
gokuguy said:

PAL 3.2E; fat32 HDD

CFG USBloader v57

Thanks a bunch. This should help in finding the answer. If you would like, you can take the update partition off of the game & try it then. I'm not saying to do it, I'm just saying it might help in the finding of a fix.
Anyway, thanks again.
Take it off
laugh.gif
it will fix the problem.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the best/only way to do that to just scrub the iso, or can you trim it/remove the partition some other way? will try that now and then give it another shot I guess. Fudgenuts where u gone, didn't u say before that that worked? Probly playing heh

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Popid said:
oh there u are hah. Ok yep, just about to do that. Did u just scrub the whole thing?
I used Wii Backup Manager to copy it, but only copied the game partition. Just go to settings and select "Copy the game partition only" or something like that.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
boy I hope Thomas The Tank Engine isn't this difficult to get working for my niece

I can see it now, her smiling face reduced to tears when Thomas goes "uh oh, I think I hear percy crying for help!" and it freezes every time
wink.gif

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprised this happened no less while I'm away from my pc.
I get to wait for 3 or 4 days now since my Internet sucks combined with the fact people don't seed enough.
I'd use jdownloader but i always get broken files that way thanks to my shit wifi.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
would it be possible to convert to a single layer dvd5?
I bet it is if you take out the CGIs.But then it wouldnt be as cool of a game.No Anthony Higgs simle.But I bet somebody might make it DVD5 in about a week.Maby less.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fudgenuts64 said:
Popid said:
oh there u are hah. Ok yep, just about to do that. Did u just scrub the whole thing?
I used Wii Backup Manager to copy it, but only copied the game partition. Just go to settings and select "Copy the game partition only" or something like that.

Well I ended up just right-clicking on the update partition in wiiscrubber and deleted the partition (made a backup of the iso first hah), now using wbfs_file again to convert to wbfs, will transfer to the drive in a sec and do the tutorial again. Oh tell me once more baby how to charge my beam, I love it when you talk arm-cannons

but so if this doesnt work, wii backup manager can convert just the game partition to wbfs onto a fat32 drive now?

Fudge

Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mariosonic said:
DigitalDeviant said:
would it be possible to convert to a single layer dvd5?
I bet it is if you take out the CGIs.But then it wouldnt be as cool of a game.No Anthony Higgs simle.But I bet somebody might make it DVD5 in about a week.Maby less.
I'm gonna attempt to make a DVD5 version now.
EDIT: Nevermind. I don't feel like it anymore
laugh.gif
I did find a folder labeled "movie" which seems to contain all the cutscenes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.