Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't try cfg loader 249 unfortunately cos i dont think itll fit on my usb stick and i can't format this HDD to wbfs right now so I need it to boot fat32..

how does one remove the update partition? I usually just convert my .isos to .wbfs drag-n-drop with wbfs_file, haven't used any of the other wbfs managers

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Popid said:
I can't try cfg loader 249 unfortunately cos i dont think itll fit on my usb stick and i can't format this HDD to wbfs right now so I need it to boot fat32..

how does one remove the update partition? I usually just convert my .isos to .wbfs drag-n-drop with wbfs_file, haven't used any of the other wbfs managers
the 249 also supports fat32 with newer cios versions which you have
no need for 222 abymore
you just need to replace the .dol file ofc it will fit

you can use wii backup manager and in the settings say game partition only to scrub it down completely

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well i already wrote that in another thread (that got closed
smile.gif
) however:
IF anyone wants to play the game in german you can change message_all.dat (extract the file with wiiscrubber and open it with a hexeditor) at offset 0x35 to 02DB80 and for Italien it´s 070DC0 then just replace the file on the disc with the edited one.
There is a second time Spanish and French in it too but since you can already choose these it´s not really needed
wink.gif

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, duh, I forgot about that. Er...except it won't seem to accept my fat32 drive...

just comes up the usual please connect wbfs device

the info bit states:

loader version: 57
IOS249 (rev20) [FRAG]
Base: IOS 57 mload v1.0

any clues?

davidnlta: should I be able to use wiiflow now with this fat32 drive to boot it also? don't have wiiflow atm that'll probably open up yet more new and exciting issues heh

sorry for being so nooby about this stuff, thanks for your help guys

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Popid said:
Right, duh, I forgot about that. Er...except it won't seem to accept my fat32 drive...

just comes up the usual please connect wbfs device

the info bit states:

loader version: 57
IOS249 (rev20) [FRAG]
Base: IOS 57 mload v1.0

any clues?

davidnlta: should I be able to use wiiflow now with this fat32 drive to boot it also? don't have wiiflow atm that'll probably open up yet more new and exciting issues heh

sorry for being so nooby about this stuff, thanks for your help guys

thats because of your settings the config.txt should say partition=fat1 for it to work correctly on fat32, i have it setup like that so it should work

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It works perfectly for me, no freezes or anything using Configurable USB Loader with a SDHC 8GB card inside a SD Card reader, so I basically use it as a USB thumb
biggrin.gif

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if we get the larger version, 7.46gb (or something close to that), do we need to remove the update partition? I am wanting it on a disc, not usb loader.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question for those who still burn DVDs.

When I change the booktype for DVD+R DL, do I change it to "Normal" or "DVD-ROM"?

I just burnt a disc and I was wondering why I kept getting an error. Looked at the disc; it was DVD+R.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks fudgi, but *sigh* just froze again using 249

so hopefully removing the update partition is the secret?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:

When I change the booktype for DVD+R DL, do I change it to "Normal" or "DVD-ROM"?

I just burnt a disc and I was wondering why I kept getting an error. Looked at the disc; it was DVD+R.

I have used regular DVD+R before, & you have to put them as DVD-ROM. I would assume DL would be no difference, but I'll search it up & edit this post with a link to help confirm this.

EDIT: Here is a link. Confirmation is in Post 3. They say to do this with Nero, but it works the same for Imgburn.
http://www.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?4...-games-on-DVD-R

Also remember the Layer Break.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
Hakoda said:

I have used regular DVD+R before, & you have to put them as DVD-ROM. I would assume DL would be no difference, but I'll search it up & edit this post with a link to help confirm this.
Sweet thanks. If I had the same number of DVD+R DL as I did DVD-R SL then I would have just experimented but I'm on a limited quantity.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgi said:
fudgenuts64 said:
It seems that you HAVE to remove the update partition for the game to work.
EDIT: Typo.
so everything is working now?
Works great now! You have to only copy the game partition otherwise it will always crash on the Baby's Cry cutscene.

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
fudgenuts64 said:
fudgi said:
fudgenuts64 said:
It seems that you HAVE to remove the update partition for the game to work.
EDIT: Typo.
so everything is working now?
Works great now! You have to only copy the game partition otherwise it will always crash on the Baby's Cry cutscene.

What program did you use to do that? and/or instructions for the clueless? heh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf