Wii #XXXX - Metroid: Other M (USA)

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Any confirmation if I can run on these settings?

cIOS249 rev17 (base IOS36 I believe)
Configurable USB Loader v57
System Menu 4.0U
WBFS-formatted USB HDD

I believe you must update to rev 20 and change base to 56, but I could be wrong.

fudgenuts64 said:
mariosonic said:
QUOTE(DigitalDeviant @ Aug 26 2010, 08:00 PM) would it be possible to convert to a single layer dvd5?
I bet it is if you take out the CGIs.But then it wouldnt be as cool of a game.No Anthony Higgs simle.But I bet somebody might make it DVD5 in about a week.Maby less.
I'm gonna attempt to make a DVD5 version now.
EDIT: Nevermind. I don't feel like it anymore
laugh.gif
I did find a folder labeled "movie" which seems to contain all the cutscenes.

You would also have to keep at least one video, to redirect all the other removed videos to, or it will just freeze from lack of video.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
base 56 is not needed and neither is Cios 20 all you need is a cios 17 and up otherwise the game wont play cause it cant load the cutscenes off of the second layer similar to smash bros brawl and metroid prime trilogy with prime 3.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
gokuguy said:
CarbonX13 said:

System Menu 4.0U
WBFS-formatted USB HDD

I believe you must update to rev 20 and change base to 56, but I could be wrong.
How would I change the base to IOS56? Use cIOSX, change install base to IOS56 and just re-install cIOS249?

Oh, and will I be able to return to my current settings (rev17 on IOS36) if something happens?

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
mariosonic said:
DigitalDeviant said:
would it be possible to convert to a single layer dvd5?
I bet it is if you take out the CGIs.But then it wouldnt be as cool of a game.No Anthony Higgs simle.But I bet somebody might make it DVD5 in about a week.Maby less.
I'm gonna attempt to make a DVD5 version now.
EDIT: Nevermind. I don't feel like it anymore
laugh.gif
I did find a folder labeled "movie" which seems to contain all the cutscenes.
Awesome. Just remember not to take out any of the main gameplay parts.That would destory the total concept of a DVD5 verson.xD(Yes..People have done that with,I think samurai Warriors 3.)

EDIT: Oh,lol.xD

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
gokuguy said:
CarbonX13 said:

System Menu 4.0U
WBFS-formatted USB HDD

How would I change the base to IOS56? Use cIOSX, change install base to IOS56 and just re-install cIOS249?

Oh, and will I be able to return to my current settings (rev17 on IOS36) if something happens?

According to davidnlta, you need rev17 or up, so you shouldn't need to do this.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
gokuguy said:
CarbonX13 said:
gokuguy said:
CarbonX13 said:

System Menu 4.0U
WBFS-formatted USB HDD

According to davidnlta, you need rev17 or up, so you shouldn't need to do this.

QUOTE(davidnlta @ Aug 26 2010, 08:25 PM)
i havent had a chance to test 17 and 19 but in theory you should be fine as these support DL games im currently testing all builds of hermes 4-5.1
Alright, thanks for the help. I could post results tomorrow maybe if I get the chance.

Butte

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten past the next anti-piracy check?

Partway through sector 1, after you meet the cute/scary furry rabbit thing, you end up in a tunnel full of boomers (the spikey enemies). As soon as you enter the tunnel, the controls lock and Samus runs forward, getting killed. The game does not freeze, but you have no control. After you die, the game over screen never appears. You have to reset the wii. This happens every time...

Using Configurable USB Loader with custom IOS v20...

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I've made it to the 3rd save point, around an hour or so in, am I past this freeze spot others are having issues with?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidnlta said:
i havent had a chance to test 17 and 19 but in theory you should be fine as these support DL games im currently testing all builds of hermes 4-5.1

Which Cios were you using to get it to work first?

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nope Butte sounds like something is wrong with your iso as that never happened to me as i am in sector 2.

CiosX20 base 57 but i have confirmation that both Rev17 and Rev19 work fine not sure on the base that was used for R19 though.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB LOADER GX 928.dol (July 2 2010)
Base 249
002 Yes

CIOS20b (Installed from CIOS rev14).

Works great. I preordered the game anyway. It will be a collectors item like Zelda 64, etc. in the far distance future.

Wynd

Popid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can confirm it's working for me now! Up to first save anyway (and a bit beyond that, but haven't seen a second save point yet)

my settings: 3.2E, CFGusb loader v57, Cios rev20 base 57, FAT32 HDD, booted on 249 and I removed the update partition from the ISO with wiiscrubber (right-click Delete Partition on the Update Partition), converted to .wbfs and working now!

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me esp Fudgi and Fudgenuts!

wanna hear something funny? batteries in my 'mote are just about to go dead now and I have a fractured leg and can't go get more lol. S'ok, in couple of hours I'll be able to get some. Whew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1