Wii #XXXX - Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Japan)

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a code could be made to add bongo support since all games recognize gamecube controllers and wii ones so a simple store controller value 1 and inject the corresponding wiimote button into it, unless it requires waggles in which case it can't be done because of angles....

i don't own bongos so i couldn't even attempt to make it.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
florian said:
Vater Unser said:
nIxx said:
Vater Unser said:
shtonkalot said:
I don't suppose this works with the DK Bongos for GC?
I'd love to play it with them.
It better did, otherwise it'd pretty much take the "Beat" out of "Donkey Kong Jungle Beat". Then again, it's Nintendo.

No Bongo support.
I actually laughed when I read that, although it's clearly more sad than funny
unsure.gif

I mean, it's just laughable. Does Nintendo actually believe that the Wiimote control scheme is superior to the original Bongo control scheme, when the game was originally designed exclusively for the Bongos?
Fuck those extra levels, the missing Bongo support makes this game WORSE than the original. What's the point?
It's like a DDR game that doesn't support dancing mats, or a lightgun game that doesn't support lightguns. I am speechless
mad.gif

this release is working on your wii pal ?
smile.gif
No. Do you think you actually need to play it to know? I mean, you now shake your controller instead of hitting the bongo, and that's it. And that sucks. I've shaken my Wiimote enough times to know what it feels like, so yeah, I think it's possible to tell it's less fun than the GC version without having actually played it.

And no matter what the point of the remake is, there's NO excuse or justification for not having Bongo support. It just makes no sense whatsoever. I think it's sad that there are people out there who actually defend this mess-up
dry.gif

Can you think of a reasonable motive for removing Bongo support? I can't.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Johnatton said:
QUOTE said:
Now that it's a more straightforward game -- you move Donkey Kong with the control stick, jump with the A button, and shake to attack

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/12/hands-on-donkey.html

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Wow. I really can't decide if that makes things better or worse
blink.gif

I might give it a try out of curiosity now, but again, without having played it, I'm pretty certain it's not only less fun, but a LOT easier now.
The whole gameplay idea, which made this game interesting to begin with, is entirely gone now. How exactly is that a good thing?
Yes, the game might still be very enjoyable without the Bongo controls, but that doesn't change the fact that all the changes in this remake are just retarded. There, I said it, go on and invalidate my opinion again by reminding me that I haven't even played the game, I don't care.
It's still a game that was designed to be played with the Bongos, so no matter how great the new controls work, the whole concept of the game is now broken.

Cyberxion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
Can you think of a reasonable motive for removing Bongo support? I can't.
Yeah, well, I think if they didn't, they may as well have just re-released the GC version, seeing as it's compatible with the Wii and wholly dependent on the bongos.

I'm just psyched that more people are going to have the chance to play this great game. I'm not too bothered by the fact that it doesn't support a peripheral that next to nobody has. Mine long-since crapped out anyway.

By the way, the only thing that's really changed is that movement is easier. In every place where clapping or mashing the bongos was necessary, waggle has been put in its place. It may be easier to navigate the game world, but it's pretty-much the same in spirit in every other respect. Now you can argue that waggle is unnecessary and gimmicky, but please do think before you try and make that argument. We're talking about a game that relied heavily on a bongo peripheral. If that isn't gimmicky, I don't know what is.
tongue.gif

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a thought
pal cannot run it cos this game cannot use gecko

so how about install ios53 and then wiifrii the iso
any one tried this way??

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cyberxion said:
Yeah, well, I think if they didn't, they may as well have just re-released the GC version, seeing as it's compatible with the Wii and wholly dependent on the bongos.

The original GC game could be played with regular GC controllers as well.

I made a post a long time ago when GameStop was dumping them. You could buy DK:JB with an additional bongo controller for $10.

Has anyone tried loading the US version of the new IOSes from Need For Speed Underground and then running a region free version of DKJB?

DaileonSGN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've installed the IOSes 38, 53 and 55, extracted from the backup this game, and even then it crashes on a green screen after I click "Start" in the disc channel. Somebody knows how to fix this? It works on 3.4U Wiis after doing the update?

I'm using a 3.2U Wii. Thanks!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing that games nowadays seem to sell better with hardware packaged, it seems odd that Nintendo didn't pack these with bongos.

decadence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have put the file on my sd card and after the twilight hack I have the message no code found to load. Can you tell me step by step what I need to do after the download of this file please

thanks for your patience I really aprreciated

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone who complains about the unsupported bongos actually played the game? The engine's been completely revamped.

- You clap in different directions now, instead of one circle around you.
- You press A in the air to grab nearby bananas, rather than clapping.
- You clap down on the ground to ground-slap, a la Donkey Kong Country.

And even existing levels have been changed around to accommodate the new control scheme, like hidden item plants in the ground that you need to ground-slap to make them grow. It's not a case of the new remake not supporting the bongos because "we don't want to", it's that it quite literally *can't* use them with the new gameplay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol