Wii #XXXX - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
for those with NTSC wii and have done a full update off the disc what does ur firmware report as plz?

also if i decide to do the 15% trick, is it possible it cud brick my wii.

just making sure before i give this a go.

thx

/oops the guy above asked this b4 me
tongue.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Misread the question. Anyways, I wouldn't try it at 3.0. It's best that you be right at the latest so you may need a net connection to provide that.

CAMson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows what modes has been remained and cutted in this RIP?

Apparently, SSE doesnt work at all, Classic mode works but crash at the credits (so no unlock) and regular matches works perfectly.
Event works too, at least until Event 20 (then maybe you need SSE or Classic to unlock necessary characters).
Wifi works too.
Dunno about the other little modes. (Coin launcher ? Stickers ?
tongue.gif
)

So it´s like a DEMO version? No unlockable characters, only matches... Sounds good
smile.gif

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Apparently, SSE doesnt work at all, Classic mode works but crash at the credits (so no unlock) and regular matches works perfectly.
Event works too, at least until Event 20 (then maybe you need SSE or Classic to unlock necessary characters).
Wifi works too.
tongue.gif
)

So it´s like a DEMO version? No unlockable characters, only matches... Sounds good
smile.gif
Characters are unlockable. See here.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Wifi works too.
tongue.gif
)

smile.gif
Characters can be unlocked through specific number of VS games played and other various requirements in VS mode.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
cool got the game now and burning the DVD

i bought my wii (PAL) about 1 month ago and was already installed wiikey and i think 1.9g update?

anyway i got a DVD burned with SMG (PAL) and have updated so that game works

my wii settings say i have 3.0e firmware not the 3.1 you say you get from SMG or is that only in america?

i dont have the metroid update not sure if you need it and is it safe for me to just install the update from the brawl iso or should i do the 15% trick to be sure not to brick my wii?

sorry if i sound stupid but any help would be nice, really want to play this with my friends tonight
smile.gif
You have to have 3.1E firmware before updating with smash bros, or you'll brick (semi brick?).
I think no european game got it (not sure at all), so you'll need to update with WiFi.

CAMson : you can unlock some characters by playing matches (a lot of characters, actually). For exemple, 10 matches on Sanke's stage : unlock Snake
tongue.gif

shyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i get the same error with a DVD-r aswell, could it be the burning media? or should i try slower burning?

LiquidEFD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I play VS mode I can unlock characters. But after a while the game freezes and I have to reset. Now some unlocked characters (Ness, Marth) are saved and some (Luigi, Snake) are not. How can I make sure they are all saved?

Thanks!

Malkaw

Trophies
XP
Country
cool got the game now and burning the DVD

i bought my wii (PAL) about 1 month ago and was already installed wiikey and i think 1.9g update?

anyway i got a DVD burned with SMG (PAL) and have updated so that game works

my wii settings say i have 3.0e firmware not the 3.1 you say you get from SMG or is that only in america?

i dont have the metroid update not sure if you need it and is it safe for me to just install the update from the brawl iso or should i do the 15% trick to be sure not to brick my wii?

sorry if i sound stupid but any help would be nice, really want to play this with my friends tonight
smile.gif

You have to have 3.1E firmware before updating with smash bros, or you'll brick (semi brick?).
I think no european game got it (not sure at all), so you'll need to update with WiFi.

CAMson : you can unlock some characters by playing matches (a lot of characters, actually). For exemple, 10 matches on Sanke's stage : unlock Snake
tongue.gif

thanks, ill find someway to update it before i run my brawl disc
smile.gif

like go to a friends house with wireless connection lol

also im considering doing the 15% update then remove power and insert brickblocked disc trick

what are the riscs with doing this? can i brick my wii totally if i do it at 14 or 16 % lol?

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Did everyone elses "Wii Settings" page get messed up? Something about an Opera error?

Thats because you had firmware 3.0u im guessing. It NEEDS to be 3.1u /3.1e etc

I have played for two hours, everything is fine.. have unlocked several characters..

i cant even find SSE mode? bit strange.. classic mode works, except for it crashes at the end.

I am 100% with its current state, because i expect the SSE to have japanese text/speech so can wait a month to get the USA version. Its not like i want to unlock EVERYTHING because ill be doing it when the USA one comes out.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I don't think SSE has any text or speech. Looked 2 minutes of SSE spoiler and all the characters say is "ha !" "ho" "yah !" ^^'

Still looking for a way to unlock C.Falcon with this version
wink.gif
. Playing 10 matches on the f-zero stage maybe ?

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did everyone elses "Wii Settings" page get messed up?  Something about an Opera error?

I have played for two hours, everything is fine.. have unlocked several characters..

i cant even find SSE mode? bit strange.. classic mode works, except for it crashes at the end.

I am 100% with its current state, because i expect the SSE to have japanese text/speech so can wait a month to get the USA version. Its not like i want to unlock EVERYTHING because ill be doing it when the USA one comes out.

I had been playing Super Mario Galaxy though before hand, didn't that require 3.1U?

Everyone said if I'd been playing Mario Galaxy I'd be fine... guess not.
dry.gif

Now I have to wait for a FW update from Nintendo to fix this?

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Did everyone elses "Wii Settings" page get messed up?  Something about an Opera error?

I had been playing Super Mario Galaxy though before hand, didn't that require 3.1U?

dry.gif

You have to wait for a game with 3.2U, so not before a while ...
But seems like you can edit your settings by booting in maitnenance mode, try this.
I think they meant that if you played mario galaxy before, your chip is compatible
tongue.gif

sTo0z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

dry.gif

You have to wait for a game with 3.2U, so not before a while ...
But seems like you can edit your settings by booting in maitnenance mode, try this.
I think they meant that if you played mario galaxy before, your chip is compatible
tongue.gif

Ah damn... yah I tried maintenance mode, same issue, my Wii Settings screen is gone.

Among all the talented people out there in the world hacking the crap out of the Wii there is absolutely not way to force another update or downgrade or ANYTHING?

Mr Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am terribly sorry if i´ve missed this, but is it safe to update from 3.0e to 3.1e through the Wii System update feature - or should i do the MP3-trick, if that works?

Kingkiron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this thread has turned into the same noobs asking the same questions, atleast try to look for answers first.

Azerphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright got a problem, it worked fine, dual channels etc, but when we turn it on we get a black screen and nothing happens. after a while the intro starts but the screen remains black. any help ?

edit: we also used a dvd+rw (nothing else available). could that be the problem ?

I am having the same problem but I burned with a Verbatim -R.

I also tried fenix4o9's method for burning the game and with the first dvd I get a "Unreadable disk" error and with the second it detects the game but goes to a black screen when trying to play.

This is on Wiikey 1.9 with the firmware that came with SMG.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: farrrrrrrrrrrt +1