Wii #XXXX - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
To fix this problem, simply chose 50Hz for your Screen Display settings in the Wii system settings, and start the game. You should be able to then see things because the black screen will go away after a short time.

To play the game in 60Hz (much better, trust me), simply turn the deflicker option in SSBX to "off" and then restart your wii. now turn 60Hz on in the wii settings and play the ssbx disc. It will be glitchy at the start, but then the game runs as normal (and better IMO)

hope that helps!
biggrin.gif

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u did the 15% trick and got ur settings page not working, u didnt have 3.1. U will have to install the update from ur own region smash bros when it gets released and it'll be fixed.

Azerphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To fix this problem, simply chose 50Hz for your Screen Display settings in the Wii system settings, and start the game. You should be able to then see things because the black screen will go away after a short time.

To play the game in 60Hz (much better, trust me), simply turn the deflicker option in SSBX to "off" and then restart your wii. now turn 60Hz on in the wii settings and play the ssbx disc. It will be glitchy at the start, but then the game runs as normal (and better IMO)

hope that helps!
biggrin.gif

Did some googling, was unable to find out how to do this.

I should have mentioned I am on a US Wii system.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for the people in Japan who actually bought and paid for the game and can't play it because wiikey has not come out with a DL support update.

edit: also after reading some of the posts.. ITT: idiots

to vulpix post below me: right.

Deadring2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I feel bad for the people in Japan who actually bought and paid for the game and can't play it because wiikey has not come out with a DL support update.

Then they'll learn to read forums before they buy.
wink.gif
But sad for them, indeed...

Also, for anyone that is now trying to unlock Sonic the way I mentiond earliar, stop it!
It's fake!

But you can get everyone by doing a set amount of vs matches! Here's the list:

Ness - 5 battles
Marth - 10 battles
Luigi - 22 battles
Falco - 50 battles
C.Falcon - 70 battles
Lucario - 100 battles
Snake - 130 battles
R.O.B - 160 battles
Ganondorf - 200 battles
Mr.Game and Watch - 250 battles
Sonic - 300 battles
Jigglypuff - 350 battles
Toon Link - 400 battles
Wolf - 450 battles

(I hope it's true. I'm testing it now.)

trent_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not certain, but I don't think the Wiikey kicks on if you put an original Japanese game in a Japanese console. I don't think there'd be any problem.

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
To fix this problem, simply chose 50Hz for your Screen Display settings in the Wii system settings, and start the game. You should be able to then see things because the black screen will go away after a short time.

To play the game in 60Hz (much better, trust me), simply turn the deflicker option in SSBX to "off" and then restart your wii. now turn 60Hz on in the wii settings and play the ssbx disc. It will be glitchy at the start, but then the game runs as normal (and better IMO)

hope that helps!
biggrin.gif

Did some googling, was unable to find out how to do this.

I should have mentioned I am on a US Wii system.

It's in the wii System settings under "Screen"
IF you don't have it, it must be a PAL only option, but your wii should have it.
THEN that means if you have a black screen when you entered the game and it stays black, then you either didn't have 3.1U isntalled or....ur screwed
tongue.gif
that and im going to sleep now sorry

QUOTE(Vulpix @ Feb 3 2008, 05:50 PM)In other words, if I had a wiikey, and bought an original copy, it won't work?

legit game + wiikey [any] + ANY REGION CONSOLE = not working

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not certain, but I don't think the Wiikey kicks on if you put an original Japanese game in a Japanese console. I don't think there'd be any problem.

Oh cool. So, that must be why the front page of wiinewz has a whole article about how it doesn't work and that's why there is only like 4 topics regarding the subject on here...

I'm guessing you haven't read anything before posting on here like everyone else that just signed up. So, here it is.
If you have a wiikey and you buy this game you will not be able to play it until the wiikey team adds DL support to their chip

And to deadring: It cam out in japan first, there couldn't have been forum posts until they bought it.... :Palmface:

esteefyou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a NTSC console Wiikey with SMG update.... do u need a 1.3 config disk to change region settings to "ON"??

and the mariogalaxy update is 3.0U isn't it? cuz i have the game and my firmware doesn't read 3.1U

and for the 1.3 config disk, whats the difference between GCOS versions, and Hex'd versions??

the disks can b found here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/62935-a...-one-place.html

also if u patch with region frii does it mean that u don't need to turn region overide "ON" with config 1.3? I don't want to burn an extra disk

V

Vulpix

In other words, if I had a wiikey, and bought an original copy, it won't work?

legit game + wiikey [any] + ANY REGION CONSOLE = not working

[/quote]

Godamnit that fucking sucks! And I have to wait for some mysterious update from the Wiikey team even though I have no intention to pirate it!

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France

wink.gif

Also, for anyone that is now trying to unlock Sonic the way I mentiond earliar, stop it!
It's fake!

Ness - 5 battles
Marth - 10 battles
Luigi - 22 battles
Falco - 50 battles
C.Falcon - 70 battles
Lucario - 100 battles
Snake - 130 battles
R.O.B - 160 battles
Ganondorf - 200 battles
Sonic - 300 battles
Jigglypuff - 350 battles
Toon Link - 400 battles
Wolf - 450 battles

In 3 hours of multi, i unlocked ness, marth, and luigi. We chose to do a last one before stopping. We unlocked falco during that last one. Then we did another last one to test falco and this one unlocked sonic so 300 battle sonic must be fake.

darkpaladinmfc

Trophies
XP
Country

wink.gif

It's fake!

Ness - 5 battles
Marth - 10 battles
Luigi - 22 battles
Falco - 50 battles
C.Falcon - 70 battles
Lucario - 100 battles
Snake - 130 battles
R.O.B - 160 battles
Ganondorf - 200 battles
Sonic - 300 battles
Jigglypuff - 350 battles
Toon Link - 400 battles
Wolf - 450 battles

In 3 hours of multi, i unlocked ness, marth, and luigi. We chose to do a last one before stopping. We unlocked falco during that last one. Then we did another last one to test falco and this one unlocked sonic so 300 battle sonic must be fake.
No its real. You must have unlocked Sonic some other way. I've got all the way up to Snake and its been right.
EDIT: I JUST played 3 more battles and got Sonic. I was using Falco so maybe Falco is linked to Sonic too?

esteefyou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a NTSC console Wiikey with SMG update.... do u need a 1.3 config disk to change region settings to "ON"??

and the mariogalaxy update is 3.0U isn't it? cuz i have the game and my firmware doesn't read 3.1U

and for the 1.3 config disk, whats the difference between GCOS versions, and Hex'd versions??

the disks can b found here:

http://psx-scene.com/forums/wiikey/62935-a...-one-place.html

also if u patch with region frii does it mean that u don't need to turn region overide "ON" with config 1.3? I don't want to burn an extra disk

eternity575

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
so..let me get this straight..
if i have a 3.0U firmware,with a 1.9g wiikey using a JAP console running a DVD-R burnt at x8 with d2b chipset but with a cd-r with a hacked version of the 1.3 config cd, using a3.1e update with the 15% trick should i pull my brain out now? and restart it later?
GOD DAMNIT.. its just a damn game... IN JAP!!! just wait for the release in your region.. FUCK! this is sooooo crazy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu