Hacking Wii wont read discs, can I mod it to use USB HDD instead?

Chargin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii wont read discs anymore.
Its out of warranty, it just stopped reading discs one day, every disc gives a read error now.

I modded it today from virgin 4.0 hoping to be able to use a USB drive and copy all my games to that.
But I think Im discovering this plan wont be possible though as I believe I cant get the games onto the USB drive using windows, I dont have Linux.

What could I do?
Ive been able to rip games to my PC from the disc, using a program I found here, but I believe I cant actually copy these ISOs to a USB drive and just expect it to work.
What about people who illegally download? I never pirate games but surely they are downloading to a PC first? or do they just do it straight to the Wii?
Maybe I could get copies of the games I own that way if its the only possibility.

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
If you have the game iso on your pc you can use a WBFS manager copy it to an HDD. There are many, and there are versions for linux, windows, and mac.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Chargin said:
My Wii wont read discs anymore.
Its out of warranty, it just stopped reading discs one day, every disc gives a read error now.

I modded it today from virgin 4.0 hoping to be able to use a USB drive and copy all my games to that.
But I think Im discovering this plan wont be possible though as I believe I cant get the games onto the USB drive using windows, I dont have Linux.

What could I do?
Ive been able to rip games to my PC from the disc, using a program I found here, but I believe I cant actually copy these ISOs to a USB drive and just expect it to work.
What about people who illegally download? I never pirate games but surely they are downloading to a PC first? or do they just do it straight to the Wii?
Maybe I could get copies of the games I own that way if its the only possibility.

http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

Also, can you link to this tool to allow you to rip games through a PC dvd drive? I didn't know there was such a thing, I thought there were just like 2 drives that were able to dump it and they could do it already without programs?

Chargin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well thats a relief, I read a direct post that said "can I rip games using a pc" and someone wrote back saying no, only linux at this stage and that was about a month ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?