wii wifi saves

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nasawqq, May 14, 2014.

1. nasawqq
    OP

nasawqq Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2014
    im courous as to where stats and unlocks for online games are stored is it on the save file or on the games servers. also how do wifi saves and leaderboards work.for example i have duplicate wifi saves one on my wii and one on my vwii.i have lounched cod 4 on my wii and evrythong seems there including leaderboards what im wondering is if i play on my wii and rank up and progress then lounch the vwii and play cod 4 there what will happen to the leaderboards and what rank willl i be?

2. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    That's a good question actually.

The data for your online game and stats etc is stored only on your console I'd assume. What I noticed a long long time ago was if you go to your save data on the Wii, games that have online play generally have a larger save which could be the extra data being stored. You also aren't supposed to be able to copy these saves since they have data that is supposed to be unique for one player, but by turning on the 'No Copy Protection' flag in priloader you're able to copy them to and SD card to another Wii.

Which leads to: What would happen if you had the same exact save on 2 Wii consoles, and tried to use them both?
    Well... I don't know for a fact :P All i can assume is that you'll play the first save as much as you like with no problem. When you move onto the second save, your leader board scores would be updated with the lower less progressed scores. You wouldn't have the unlockables since you haven't got them on that save. If you went back to the first save again and were still further progressed then the leaderboard would revert back to the higher score hahaha

Using them at the same time... Maybe a ban? There's definitely something not right when they get the exact same information coming in at the same time, but can't be sure on that one :)

As for leader boards, there will be some kind of database that stores the scores of everyone worldwide, so they're not part of your save game. For example, many games ask if you'd like to upload your score/ time to a leader board, it'll just be sending the data to a database and placing you in chronological order depending on how well you did.

3. nasawqq
    OP

nasawqq Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2014
    My situation for this came about from doing the wii to wii u transfer and then restoring a nand backup on my wii. I now have two duplicated wifi saves.The transfer states it transfers ''wifi related data''. Im not sure if this is stored localy on a wii or not and wehter that data is still on my wii after a nand restore but when lounching the games on my wii it works just as normal including leaderboads and unlocks.its a really puzzling situation indeed.will the leaderboards be dupelicated?i can not find a duplicated me from browsing the leaderbords from my wii.

4. mikeyt1998

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    Ah I see! So did you 'unhack' the Wii before the transfer then restore it to it's hacked glory? Or does a transfer delete data from the Wii?

Anyways, yeah when you took a NAND backup you essentially made an exact replica of every last thing on your Wii, saves, messages, game logs, all system files etc. I believe that WiFi data is stored on the console so it must have transferred over to the WiiU, and since you restored the NAND from before the transfer back onto your Wii you'll have a duplicate of that game save as well as it's WiFi data, which is interesting!

The save will work normally on both consoles, but like I said they'll work as independent saves that aren't linked in any way, so if you get deep into the game on save 1 (on the Wii), you won't be able to carry on from that point on the Wii U unless you transfer the save over to it at that later stage. Basically any unlocks you get on Wii save Will not be Unlocked on Wii U save unless you also progress on Wii U save separately is what i'm trying to say :P

Since the WiFi data (player ID and other unique info about the console and player) stored on the Wii and Wii U are identical the leader board will likely show the score/ time or whatever of the last save you used online was, just changing your position on the leader board to suit. That means that there wouldn't be 2 different positions on the leader board in your name because the score will adjust to your last games score/ time!

Sorry if that sounds like crap, it's 2:15am and I'm terrible at explaining things at the best of times... I know what I mean though :P

5. nasawqq
    OP

nasawqq Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 18, 2014
    i was wondering if ''wifi data'' was still on my wii as after doing a nand restore as i lounched the wii shop which visually i noticed it deleted my licenes and puchased wii ware saves from my wii. i guess your theory is very probabal as in xb1 cod i have been rolled back to a lower rank/stats but the leaderbords stayed the same , after a match the leardboards updated to my lower stats.friend codes cant be duplicated right so maybe it got changed or somthing im not sure.