Hacking Wii USB loader v1.5 problems

skeezerpleezer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently trying to use the USB loader v1.5 with a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 250gb hard drive. I have partitioned and formatted the drive and the wii recognized it. I was also able to rip the Wii Sports game to the drive, but for some reason I cannot load it from the drive; it freezes up. I have tried both USB ports, plugging in the drive before hooking it up, while in HBC, and while in the USB loader menu. Any help or ideas on things to try would be greatly appreciated.

Kleiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly an expert but all the research i've done shows that Seagate drives do not work with the Wii. Seagate in general is a peice of crap, go get yourself a Western Digital MyBook, then run flawlessly.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kleiner said:
I'm not exactly an expert but all the research i've done shows that Seagate drives do not work with the Wii. Seagate in general is a peice of crap, go get yourself a Western Digital MyBook, then run flawlessly.

This is not totally true. I am running USB loader off a Seagate 500GB FreeAgent Desk and it works most of the time. Occasionally I have to power cycle it in order to get it recognized.

Which cIOS are you using? It might help to try a few different ones and see which works best for you. Rev13 isnt necessarily better than Rev12. They all have their share of different bugs. Any Rev above 10 should work with any loader, so try rev 10, 11, 12, and 13 and see if any of them fix your problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm