Hacking Wii Update: 3.3U Out

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, to get this to the point...All i have to do, is not to uninstall my cIOS! And wait until theres a solution for this. Got it!

Thank you guys!
biggrin.gif

Edit:
I have no problem using the Homebrew Channel....
(wir hätten auch deutsch reden können^^ naja egal danke!)

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Livin in a box said:
Right, OK- i'll use Tona's now, and...Well, there's no need to say whether it works, because loads of other people have used it.
Actually i just tried tonas and the IOS installs fine but the shop channel doesnt update - it seems to time out on the download. That may be specific to the wii im using and the internet connection , but ill try again later.
Just wanted to let a few others know.
I have a Pal wii

Muzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In effect there is no difference between mine and tona's. IOS51 is never used apart from by the shop channel, so it doesn't matter whether fakesigning is patched or not in that. Also, it's safer to have unpatched IOSes.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Each time i try to run the shop channel , using either Muzer's or Tona's (thanks guys by the way) it errors on 9/18 and gives me a http download error.

Anyone else getting this ?

*edit* ok - i tried again and re-installed the new cios 5 again and this time it seems to have done something different strangly enough.
Once it did that the channel shop got past step 9 and it seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks again guys for releasing this.

doomsmythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have searched this thread to the best of my ability and can't find what I am looking for. I STUPIDLY upgraded my Wii when this update came out, because I am picking up GHWT tonight and figured they were enabling something so i can buy DLC. Anyhow, my homebrew went goofy and I went to unistall things and redo the HB channel and Twilight hack. Didn't uninstall the HB channel (all my Wiiware still works), and ran the hack. It uninstalled the HB channel, then got an error. Now everytime I run the hack, it gives the same error and resets. I am sure I am missing something stupid, but any suggestion on how to get going again would be good.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doomsmythe said:
Okay, I have searched this thread to the best of my ability and can't find what I am looking for. I STUPIDLY upgraded my Wii when this update came out, because I am picking up GHWT tonight and figured they were enabling something so i can buy DLC. Anyhow, my homebrew went goofy and I went to unistall things and redo the HB channel and Twilight hack. Didn't uninstall the HB channel (all my Wiiware still works), and ran the hack. It uninstalled the HB channel, then got an error. Now everytime I run the hack, it gives the same error and resets. I am sure I am missing something stupid, but any suggestion on how to get going again would be good.

The update stops any NEW things from being installed - the file you downloaded to fix it ONLY works BEFORE you update - its basically the update without the blocking that the big N put into it.
You might want to send Waninkoko a PM as he has a yet unreleased downgrader but since its not on public release you have to contact him directly about it

kenji97

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
doomsmythe said:
i same at you update before install homebrew channel then cann't install or downgrade

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
Okay... I'm an IDIOT! I updated without checking the forums first. One of these days I'll learn. =(
lecture.gif

From what I've been reading, it appears, for now anyway, that I'm stuck with v3.3Uv2.

Has anyone else tried the fix that B-Blue posted?
Is it working?
I have The Homebrew Channel, but I don't have cIOS installed. Will I need it?

AHHH! I feel like a crack addict on a fix... "I NEED to install WADs!"

HELP!

TiMeBoMb4u2

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
B-Blue said:
Okay... I'm an IDIOT! I updated without checking the forums first. One of these days I'll learn. =(
lecture.gif

From what I've been reading, it appears, for now anyway, that I'm stuck with v3.3Uv2.

Is it working?

HELP!

TiMeBoMb4u2

gamepopper made the fix, not me.
I'm just like you, stuck at 3.3v2 (or whatever it's called) waiting for a fix
frown.gif

Grav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
B-Blue said:
lecture.gif

Is it working?

HELP!

TiMeBoMb4u2

gamepopper made the fix, not me.
I'm just like you, stuck at 3.3v2 (or whatever it's called) waiting for a fix
frown.gif

Yeah I'm stuck too, funny thing is I wouldn't be if I had found that thread 5 minutes before I did because I gave up and uninstalled my CiOS. I'm an idiot times 2 now.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty confident that I didn't update cause I was successfully able to TH and install Homebrew Channel (and several WADs) on Thursday.

Up top in my Wii menu it says 3.3u, if you updated it would say 3.3uv2 right? or how would you find out?

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
gblock247 said:
I'm pretty confident that I didn't update cause I was successfully able to TH and install Homebrew Channel (and several WADs) on Thursday.

Up top in my Wii menu it says 3.3u, if you updated it would say 3.3uv2 right? or how would you find out?
No, the version is still 3.3X, the only way to know if you have 'v2' is to use DVDx or another application that let's you see the installed IOS. If you have IOS51 (I think... =P) you have the 3.3X-v2, if you don't have that IOS, you have the 'old' 3.3X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent