What do you want from IOSU

• Total voters

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't in the scene when KTM was being worked on, so I don't know how he was back then.
But, Pingo and some other guy (which I won't name, just to be safe) are in fact working on it.

So with this CFW, what can be done actually, how much of use will it be to the average user/programming impaired?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't in the scene when KTM was being worked on, so I don't know how he was back then.
But, Pingo and some other guy (which I won't name, just to be safe) are in fact working on it.
Yeah, I certainly believe they're working on it; I just fear, for whatever reason, it may take a while to be finished. If it gets finished at all, that is - the Wii U scene is starting so much drama, it gets hard to breath sometimes.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I certainly believe they're working on it; I just fear, for whatever reason, it may take a while to be finished. If it gets finished at all, that is - the Wii U scene is starting so much drama, it gets hard to breath sometimes.
Only time will tell, I guess.
So with this CFW, what can be done actually, how much of use will it be to the average user/programming impaired?
I'm probably not the best person to ask that :P

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And with that, this thread can return to its original topic. Anyway, I'm looking forward to (possibly) being able to use the Gamepad in vWii mode. Think of all the emulators and Wii games you could play with the Gamepad! I think it would be pretty awesome.

Reactions: Supster131

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamepad in vWii and Universal GamceCube adapter support including vWii, hell yeah!
I would finally be able to put my Wii to rest if we can actually get these two things.

Only reason I still use my Wii is because I can't use my Gamecube controller on Mario Kart Wii on my Wii U :P
what is universal gamecube adapter support?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is universal gamecube adapter support?
Being able to use the Gamecube Controller/Adapter outside Smash Bros. That's technically possible with HID to VPAD, but something like this would probably remove some restrictions HID to VPAD has and allow us to use the Gamecube Controller in vWii mode.

Naster

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) Take screenshots from Gamepad by pressing TV button
2) Do something with VC brightness
3) Gamepads (HID, GC, Remote) support in VC
4) Normal loader, without browser, sites, etc. Just channels like in 3DS. Or like USBLoaderGX on Wii
5) More compability in VC with N64 games

Last edited by Naster,

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U's Firmware is very similar in terms of IOSU. Nintendo seems to have used the same method, but they've tightened security. The ability of Custom Themes would be awesome, but would be best if Nintendo added this function; just like on the 3DS.

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
D

Deleted User

I want everything we have on the Wii. But a video streamer would be cool. Stream to twitch from Wii U like Xbox One. Maybe that's a stretch

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I want everything we have on the Wii. But a video streamer would be cool. Stream to twitch from Wii U like Xbox One. Maybe that's a stretch
Maybe a stretch but somehow Smash 4 manages to record a whole gameplay video and all you have to do is click save after. So... Maybe not that hard

Reactions: Deleted User

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Take screenshots from Gamepad by pressing TV button
2) Do something with VC brightness
3) Gamepads (HID, GC, Remote) support in VC
4) Normal loader, without browser, sites, etc. Just channels like in 3DS. Or like USBLoaderGX on Wii

The normal loader though. It's a pain in the butt to do the web hack or whatever every time you want to do something. That ALONE, in my book would make IOSU worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans