Hacking WII U Video player?

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know WiiU is already dead but...is there an app to play videos? (mp4, Mkv, etc) Wii had some media players so it would be nice to have a one on Wii U :D

Reactions: FRALU

kfrfansub

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Im waiting for a video player too.
Wiimc needs gamepad support to be perfect for wii u but idk if someone Will implement it.

Also @QuarkTheAwesome said that he'll try to do à basic player à week ago on the retroarch thread.

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know what would be super cool... a version of Kodi for Wii U! Imagine that XBMC (Xbox Media Center) running on a Wii U!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wonder why the WII homebrew can't be ported to wii u? WII MC can't work in wii u mode? Or least maybe a file browser that uses the web browser's video player instead at least? :unsure:

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii U homebrew scene is not very active. The PS3 scene is also pretty dismal... it's all definitely feasible. In another thread I was just bitching about the lack of native dedicated emulators... same issue. I guess there are just so many Wii's out there.. still you'd think something would get ported.

An HD version of WiiMC would really be nice wouldn't it?

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)