Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question. I have been able to successfully install games (I have originals of the games that I'm installing) without any errors.
However I'm updating straight through the Wii U. Everytime I click on the game, the Wii U looks for updates and installs them. So far no issues with that yet. However I have blocked the nintendo urls through my router, so not sure how the updates are still downloading/updating.

Would you guys say its "safe" to install game updates via Nintendo? Or should I manually install them using nusgrabber? If going the nusgrabber way, I noticed the updates dont have "title.tik" file. Is that file needed to install updates?

Last edited by realg123,
Reactions: Qwertyzix

Qwertyzix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a question. I have been able to successfully install games (I have originals of the games that I'm installing) without any errors.
However I'm updating straight through the Wii U. Everytime I click on the game, the Wii U looks for updates and installs them. So far no issues with that yet. However I have blocked the nintendo urls through my router, so not sure how the updates are still downloading/updating.

Would you guys say its "safe" to install game updates via Nintendo? Or should I manually install them using nusgrabber? If going the nusgrabber way, I noticed the updates dont have "title.tik" file. Is that file needed to install updates?

i want to know too.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey,
when I try to install new super mario bros u luigi u I get this error: 0xFFFBF442. does anyone knows a fix for this error? maybe uninstalling new super mario bros u?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the games don't have the same titleID, so it shouldn't be the problem.
That error still have no proper signification (first post have some error meaning, the missing one are still caused by unknown issues)

It seems the "FB" codes are file/content related.
check your files again. verify your ticket (look in hex editor, be sure it's the correct ID!)
Be sure they can be extracted (Cdecrypt, or JNUStool with the title key)
Be sure you didn't get the update instead of the full game.

Reactions: GamingAori

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the games don't have the same titleID, so it shouldn't be the problem.
That error still have no proper signification (first post have some error meaning, the missing one are still caused by unknown issues)

It seems the "FB" codes are file/content related.
I know, I will try to redownload it maybe a file is missing. maybe a person figured it out but didn't tell us so I asked here. thx for the error meaning in the first post it help me much when I get an error message. thx for your work :)

Reactions: Cyan

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I added some possibilities in my post above.
if you find how to fix, let me know ;)
yeah I will do that. every other game work so far, expect this and that when I wanted to move nintendo land to the usb that nintendo land overwrote the update. I try to fix it with installing the update again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can try to delete Mario you already have installed. even if they don't have the same ID (and I guess the savegame is not compatible, right? or can you resume your savegame from Mario?)

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you can try to delete Mario you already have installed. even if they don't have the same ID (and I guess the savegame is not compatible, right? or can you resume your savegame from Mario?)
I think I read that the save file is not compatible. first I check my files after that I delete it and see if this works. I modded it, I drag and dropped this to the program and used the modified one with renaming it.

Ohad1th

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I have a question , Is there a way to share save files ?
If so if the save file has DLC on it will it be possible to "download" DLC through this method ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's possible to share the save file. (use Saviine to extract/inject it)

The DLC unlock is not stored in the savegame.
and if the savegame has somehow a DLC information (like something you need to unlock and play with) I don't know what will happen without that DLC unlocked on the target console.
same with per-console or account data stored in the savegame.

Reactions: iVcU

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, that's a conception issue from Nintendo.
using the same title Key from both disc and digital content.
This disc ticket already allowed digital content extraction by using disc key, but not installation.
Extracting the wud was also possible to get the decrypted files, it's just funny that the games could be downloaded and extracted directly from Nintendo's servers with the disc key. they became the main piracy provider.

This WUP installer method could have happened a long time ago, the WUD extractors were actually not properly extracting the ticket making it bad.
a new DiscU version will be released to fix the extraction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: