Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what do you mean? explain , this makes no sense the way it is worded is completely contradictory
If you can phrase it for me, it would be great.
I tried to change that 2 times already, and users still don't understand it. I don't know how to write it in a way that users will understand it.

You can put only ONE GAME (ONLY ONE, NOT MORE!) on your SD card.
install it.
CHANGE the game on SD card (ONLY ONE, NOT MORE)
install it
CHANGE the game on SD card (ONLY ONE, NOT MORE)
install it
etc.

you can't put 5 games on SD card and install 5 at the same time.
it's onlye ONE at a time.

after you did this 5 times 1 game, you will end up with your 5 games installed on your wiiU.

you can install as many games as you want on your console, but you can install only ONE at a time. <--- re read that. it's exactly what it's saying.
grammar is good.

So, please, write me something that ALL users will understand.

- The game needs to be on eShop."

"You can install ONLY disc based games. eShop version can't be installed because there's no WUD version of them."

Again, that's TWO different things.
the keyword here is "based"
Disc based games =/= game disc.

you can install eShop games which exists in disc.
you cannot install eshop games which are ONLY eshops (Virtual console and wiiware) because WUD doesn't exist for them.
only "disc based" games exists in WUD format.

The game need to be on eShop. that's a fact. you can't do this method if the game is NOT on eShop.
You also cannot install games which are not released on disc format. another fact.
It's not contradicting.

I agree this one wasn't very clear.
I can rewrite it to be less open for interpretation.
edit: Done.

Reactions: moops44

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow no need to be that aggressive.
The first statement implies that you can only install one game at a time.This does not mean you can only have one game installed, you just have to take out the SD to install another game.
The second statement means the game must have been released on disk,not just on the eshop
no it specifically states that "eshop versions can not be installed" here "You can install ONLY disc based games. eShop version can't be installed"

which is 100% contradiction tot he beginning where it says ""This method is using WUP installer to install the eShop version of a game"

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can phrase it for me, it would be great.
I tried to change that 2 times already, and users still don't understand it. I don't know how to write it in a way that user will understant it.

You can put only ONE GAME on your SD card.
install it.
CHANGE the game on SD card
install it
CHANGE the game on SD card
install it

you can't put 5 games on SD card and install 5 at the same time.
it's onlye ONE at a time.

after you did this 5 times 1 game, you will end up with your 5 games installed on your wiiU.

you can have as many games you want on your console, but you can install only ONE at a time.
yeah thank i figure out after i got to the very bottom of the instructions , but i still have no clue which versions can be installed, is it only the disc version or only the eshop version"

the begining it say this is only to install eshop version , but then it says you can only install the disc version

Hikari06

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
no it specifically states that "eshop versions can not be installed" here "You can install ONLY disc based games. eShop version can't be installed"

which is 100% contradiction tot he beginning where it says ""This method is using WUP installer to install the eShop version of a game"
Well I must agree it's not very clear but what it actually does is installing the files downloaded from Nintendo's Servers (so the eShop version) but it also needs the ticket file from the disc since it's not directly available from NUS.

raspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What am I doing wrong? The instructions are easy to follow but I can't even see straight.

I am on 5.5.1 and I am self-hosting. Testing a 128GB Lexar Jumpdrive (S55, USB 3.0) formatted as FAT32 with cluster 64k and a 8GB micro SDHC formatted as FAT32 with a microSD to SD adapter.

On the microSD card I have the following folder structure:
- sd\wiiu\apps
- sd\install

Using "NEW-NUSGrabber" I downloaded a title "encrypted" for the region of my WiiU and created a modified ticket by dragging the original "title.tik" (also corresponding to the region of my WiiU) onto the program called "tik_modifier.exe". It created the file "title_modified.tik" and I renamed it to "title.tik" and then replaced the original with the modified version. I placed all the contents (.app, .h3, etc.) of my title including the modified ticket in the "install" folder of the SD card.

The WiiU system formatted the 128GB USB jumpdrive when I plugged it in for the first time. I load up the internet browser and it goes straight to the homebrew launcher. I select the modified version of wup installer and press "X" to install to USB and the screen goes white with the Wii U logo but nothing happens after that and then it goes back to the screen to select "A" or "X". But when I use the non-modified wup installer I receive the message "error: install error code 0xFFFBF446" and then it goes back to the "A" and "X" selection screen.

Does anyone know what my issue could be and how I would get this working?

Thank you, :yaywii:

Last edited by raspy,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of region games can be installed without bricking. they can't be launched (like if you inserted a disc from another region, the WiiU is checking the region and doesn't launch it).

Compatibility wise, they all can be installed and launched.
The list could be useful to know which version exist on eShop+Wud.
But some games without WUD are starting to be installable too (dumping ticket with IOSU kernel hack)

but installing .wud (dumps) + .tik file is not possible, yet?
because some games (e.g. project zero) are not on the eShop :(

isira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i go that part after i read to the end
but i am still confused because he first says you can only install eshop version of games but then he say you can only install the disc version of games
so which one s it?

also he says you need a HDD formatted to WIIU ,so is there a way for you have a wii u partition and another NTFS,FAT32, or other partition coexisting on the same drive?
You can only install games that have both an equivalent disc and eshop release. This method installs the game using eshop files and disc tickets.

The HDD must be formatted by the Wii U for exclusive use and thus cannot have any other partitions.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only install games that have both an equivalent disc and eshop release. This method installs the game using eshop files and disc tickets.

The HDD must be formatted by the Wii U for exclusive use and thus cannot have any other partitions.
ok so if i have brand be drive and i plug it into my wii u and let it do it's thing and formatt and partition the drive then there is no way i could use a partition manager to resize it would not get recognized by windows
and if i make 2 partition before connecting tot he wii u it wont work either, wii u will not just format the 1st primary partition to a wii u parition

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter what kind of USB pen you use or are specific ones recommended? And load times are much better when you use this compared to Loadiine, right?

load times are way better. it does not matter what you use since every usb thumb drive or HDD will may out the wii u USB 2.0 ports. 30MB/s read speed is what every device has! write speed is not important since it is mostly only read from and not written to.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
As someone who now has 10gbs of undeleteable corrupt data from Monster Hunter, the answer is probably no..
i was about to install MH3 but not now, thank you for feed back.
what if you format your wiiu ? i know you loose everything but loosing 10go on wiiu is already everything imo.

isira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so if i have brand be drive and i plug it into my wii u and let it do it's thing and formatt and partition the drive then there is no way i could use a partition manager to resize it would not get recognized by windows
and if i make 2 partition before connecting tot he wii u it wont work either, wii u will not just format the 1st primary partition to a wii u parition
There is no way. See Post #2.

Reactions: weatMod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu