Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
read the first post.
I added a FAQ and information about ALL questions asked 50 times per day. but nobody read them, I wonder why I waste my time explaining things nobody reads.

Your question even has the answer IN RED.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone tried Assassins Creed III? It's looping on mine when it get to about 4+ GB, restarts from 0. I'll leave it for a bit but if it doesn't work, how to stop it? Just remove the SD card?

NVM. It just finished, says it installed correctly, yay!

Last edited by icw35,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
https://gbatemp.net/threads/jnustool-nusgrabber-and-cdecrypt-combined.413179/
that one, turned out it can't download the tickets files x) quite problematic !
I've read it doesn't download the certificate.
I thought the cert wasn't provided on NUS if the game wasn't bought, but NUSGrabber actually download the cert?
I changed the first post to recommend NUSGrabber instead of JNUStool.

That's also why people have the "you can't install game you didn't buy" error message, it's missing the cert, so the WUP installer think you try to install a game you didn't buy (because game you didn't buy are missing files, like the tiket or the cert).
It's not an Anti-piracy function, it's a BAD message choice. It should say "you are missing a file" instead to be more precise about the error, instead of supposing the user is pirating.

NexoCube version is on the OP because it has brick prevention. but people seems to prefer using unprotected WUP installer instead.

Reactions: brkun

PixelTheKWolf

Memelord Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the cert wasn't provided on NUS if the game wasn't bought, but NUSGrabber actually download the cert?

That's also why people have the "you can't install game you didn't buy" error message, it's missing the cert, so the WUP installer think you try to install a game you didn't buy (because game you didn't buy are missing files, like the tiket or the cert).
It's not an Anti-piracy function, it's a BAD message choice. It should say "you are missing a file" instead.
Ah, lol. I thought it was something that the person who uploaded it put in to prevent piracy. Guess I was wrong.

Reactions: brkun

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, a lot of user just "assume" things instead of checking sources ;)
This method is too new to be completely covered. There are still things I'm adding and editing to the OP.
I'm waiting for the next WUP installer update (next week), but people can't wait, they all want things as fast as possible.
Look RedNAND announce, people prefer bricking their console but trying things instead of waiting for safety. everyone just act as kids who can't wait and want everything right now.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France

It's not an Anti-piracy function, it's a BAD message choice. It should say "you are missing a file" instead to be more precise about the error, instead of supposing the user is pirating.
Yes every title.*** exept the tik (ofc) comes with nusgrabber, Jnus don't provide them or have a bug, i don't know, still kinda sad that nusgrabber cap it download speed at 40MB/s... and i tried to download with JNUS and finish the download with nusgrabber, nus can't continue a download, it replace every file it start to download.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you should be able to download the CERT manually after downloading everything else with JNUSTool.
the file is called cert
it doesn't have a file extension.

or run NUSgrabber, maybe it downloads them first, then use JNUStool to continue the download.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it bricks, it depends :
You installed a system Title (firmware, etc.) : your fault for not following guides and trying random things, or trying to install games from random sources. be sure what you install is what you expect.
You installed a game : same brick probability than installing a game officially (bad NAND, power cut, etc.)
OR removing the SD card before the install completes, maybe. I don't know, I won't try :P

Reactions: XRaTiX

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you are worried about bricking, we don't have any brick report up to now.
If you follow the guide it will install the eshop game using the disc game's ticket. it's using Nintendo's own Title installer function to do it.
The homebrew "WUP installer" is only telling the official install function to install the eShop download from SD instead of the expected internal memory.

If you use the WUP installer linked in the first post, it will prevent you from installing System Titles, except for "version.bin" (which was used to spoof the firmware version if you want to be on 5.3.2). installing Version.bin is safe, but not needed anymore as all homebrew are working on 5.5.1

vinipeix

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've seen some people saying that power cut before the complete installation doesn't brick
I can't confirm it however

Some things that can brick your console with 100% chance are installing system titles and out of region games

As Cyan said, you just need to be sure what you install is what you expect

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
out of region games
out of region games can be installed without bricking. they can't be launched (like if you inserted a disc from another region, the WiiU is checking the region and doesn't launch it).

have we got a list of working/installable titles yet?
Compatibility wise, they all can be installed and launched.
The list could be useful to know which version exist on eShop+Wud.
But some games without WUD are starting to be installable too (dumping ticket with IOSU kernel hack)

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you should be able to download the CERT manually after downloading everything else with JNUSTool.
the file is called cert
it doesn't have a file extension.

or run NUSgrabber, maybe it downloads them first, then use JNUStool to continue the download.
How ? You can pick the files you want, only if you download the decrypted game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof