Hacking Wii U usb helper, not loading on two computers that worked before for a while.

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How many people are having this problem and please tell me its not just me?

Some one in this community must know if there is a project for a new helper, please put my mind at easy some one.....

WHAT DO I DO with all my downloads now....>:download:

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wii u title key site that you have to enter into the workaround is down when I tried last night. Kept giving me an error when I tried to enter it to launch wii u usb helper. I'm assuming that's what the OP is referring to.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That wii u title key site that you have to enter into the workaround is down when I tried last night. Kept giving me an error when I tried to enter it to launch wii u usb helper. I'm assuming that's what the OP is referring to.
I just use Funkii UI for my downloads. i even downloaded spirit tracks the day Wii U got the 5.5.3 update came out.

Reactions: dojafoja

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The website is still online if you fix the URL/DNS in the hosts file.
but it has issues submitting new keys, it adds empty strings and don't accept corresponding tickets.
or maybe there's something needed to do and edit the ticket first.

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Wii U Usb Helper stopped working for me, I couldn't load cemu game shortcuts or copy games to wii u. Had to dig for the files to either copy or load directly from Cemu until I fixed the hosts file. (What became a problem that I noticed was that after changing the hosts file, the next step said to restart pc then test the url but I skipped this step after weeks of doing the same instructions and it finally worked.)

Reactions: SuperDan

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
why not...play them ?

wiiU USBHelper has been discontinued.
WiiU titlekey DNS is dead.
Nintendo patched their servers to prevent downloads.

These statements are not false.

I have got my Wii U Usb helper working now with the work around its good,
3ds servers are fucked
And I do have lots of 3ds games all ready downloaded
but wii u downloads are working for me right now

@Cyan - is it safe to use the helper now?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't analyze the launcher, but I noticed it tried to connect to different URLs, one of them was not nintendo's related.
I don't know more.

I used the launcher and enabled it to act as server in the firewall just to test if the program worked, and I then disabled it and stopped using it.

I can't tell if it's safe of not. I don't have any objective or specific information to give a comment. I just want to think the launcher is legit and no harm were intended by the person who created it (hoping there's no spyware/malware/trojan/etc.).
but, both the launcher and the helper are closed sources, I have as much doubt with the launcher than the tool itself.
I prefer using Jnustool if I need to get a system file from NUS. that's just my own preference.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: ratmandom

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't analyze the launcher, but I noticed it tried to connect to different URLs, one of them was not nintendo's related.
I don't know more.

I used the launcher and enabled it to act as server in the firewall just to test if the program worked, and I then disabled it and stopped using it.

I can't tell if it's safe of not. I don't have any objective or specific information to give a comment. I just want to think the launcher is legit and no harm were intended by the person who created it (hoping there's no spyware/malware/trojan/etc.).
but, both the launcher and the helper are closed sources, I have as much doubt with the launcher than the tool itself.
I prefer using Jnustool if I need to get a system file from NUS. that's just my own preference.

Man I am learning computing soon and I should know a lot more about this stuff some time.. I don't like not knowing this shi*!

And I do have 2 anti viruses, Malware bytes premium and AVG

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
antivirus are only detecting real viruses.
not program sending information to a server. how would it know it's legit or malware? it's only a data transmitted over internet, like any other communication application (browser, downloader, p2p, etc.)
if you want to know what is being transmitted, you need a packet sniffer, logging all the transmitted raw data, and spend time analyzing the protocols, urls, data, etc.
I didn't do any of that, I just got alert by my firewall on URLs the program was trying to connect to.

Last edited by Cyan,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
And I do have 2 anti viruses, Malware bytes premium and AVG
Get rid of AVG. It's not necessary. Having more than one AV is detrimental to your OS anyway due to how they hook into the kernel. You should also never just blindly trust an AV, as there are tools out there that obfuscate malicious payloads in order to bypass detection. Your best friends will be Sandboxie and a verbose firewall (Comodo is nice and free).

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not...play them ?

wiiU USBHelper has been discontinued.
WiiU titlekey DNS is dead.
Nintendo patched their servers to prevent downloads.

These statements are not false.
Nintendo didnt patch the servers on wiiu yet just the title key site is dead

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's was more a joke based on the question. "what do I do with my games?" well, play them :P

the key website is not even dead, just the domain name is lost and there's no DNS for that URL, you need to use the server's IP in your hosts file.
WiU USBhelper has patches to still work

only the 3DS server is patched on nintendo's side. I gave half information on purpose (and said it wasn't false ... just incomplete)

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My USB HELPER IS WORKING!

HAS BEEN FOR A WHILE TODAY"!

BUT 3DS DOES NOT WORK! LOL.

BUT I HAVE IT(3ds) NEARLY COMPLETE FROM BEFORE IT GOT kNOCKED OUT!

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My USB HELPER IS WORKING!

HAS BEEN FOR A WHILE TODAY"!

BUT 3DS DOES NOT WORK! LOL.

BUT I HAVE IT(3ds) NEARLY COMPLETE FROM BEFORE IT GOT kNOCKED OUT!
theres no fixing the 3ds side nintendo changed something server side so you cant download 3DS or Switch games from the CDN now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there