Hacking Wii u updated

Bowie77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, the other day my wii u wasn't connected to my wifi. I reconnected it and launched loadiine all fine. It's on 5.3.2 tubehax enabled and Nintendo servers blocked in my router.
Turned the wii u on this morning and it's updated to 5.5.1. :(
Not a massive concern I know, just letting others know

D

Deleted User

How is it a good thing for IOSU when everyone keeps saying not to update to 5.5.1 and to stay on as low a firmware as possible???
Abood explained in the H&H Discussion thread:
Team SALT has confirmed that they're working on an IOSU exploit and will release after it's done. They recommend that everyone should update to 5.5.1, because it's a little different than other firmwares. :)

However, @AboodXD, what about if a new firmware suddenly springs out of nowhere and the same incident like what the OP experienced happens again? Then they would be officially screwed, if Nintendo patched the exploit SALT are producing for 5.5...

Last edited by ,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if Nintendo patched the exploit SALT were producing for 5.5...
SALT was developing an IOSU exploit?

...in all seriousness, if it were made by SALT, smea, hykem, or whoever, it still wouldn't be released to thregeneral public. Let's hope it leaks or something.

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now that is bad news: if OP had all in place to block updates and still was updated by Nintendo, then something isn't working as advertised or nintendo launched some new updateservers?

Gladly I blocked my wiiu by macadress (no internet access at all) and using an app on my tablet (offline) as starting point for loadiine and homebrew

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SALT was developing an IOSU exploit?

...in all seriousness, if it were made by SALT, smea, hykem, or whoever, it still wouldn't be released to thregeneral public. Let's hope it leaks or something.
They've already claimed to be doing a release. We'll just have to see in what form...

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
So, the other day my wii u wasn't connected to my wifi. I reconnected it and launched loadiine all fine. It's on 5.3.2 tubehax enabled and Nintendo servers blocked in my router.
Turned the wii u on this morning and it's updated to 5.5.1. :(
Not a massive concern I know, just letting others know
5.5.1 DOES have an exploit for now (Illuminati anyone?), just go to loadiine.ovh from the Wii U Internet Browser and you'll find the current exploits to launch homebrew.

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
However, @AboodXD, what about if a new firmware suddenly springs out of nowhere and the same incident like what the OP experienced happens again? Then they would be officially screwed, if Nintendo patched the exploit SALT are producing for 5.5...
It would mean two things.
1. It's a bummer, that's for sure.
2. It's th OP's fault. :/

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Abood explained in the H&H Discussion thread:

Ok @Voxel Studios but why should we trust what AboodXD is saying?? Is he somehow connected to the development of Iosu or is he well respected in the homebrew development community ect? If you say he is legit then I will take your word for it because I trust you more than most people on here. Just a bit concerned as never heard of AboodXD before and need some proof it's a good idea to update to 5.5.1 thanks

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Ok @Voxel Studios but why should we trust what AboodXD is saying?? Is he somehow connected to the development of Iosu or is he well respected in the homebrew development community ect? If you say he is legit then I will take your word for it because I trust you more than most people on here. Just a bit concerned as never heard of AboodXD before and need some proof it's a good idea to update to 5.5.1 thanks
Umm, maybe because what I said was right? :P

Reactions: AmandaRose
D

Deleted User

What Abood said was true because I have also seen one of SALT's members (WulfyStylez) say the exact same things as he said in that thread (5.5-only development; silent confirmation of a WIP exploit to prevent over-hype, etc).

Reactions: AmandaRose

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Now that is bad news: if OP had all in place to block updates and still was updated by Nintendo, then something isn't working as advertised or nintendo launched some new updateservers?

Gladly I blocked my wiiu by macadress (no internet access at all) and using an app on my tablet (offline) as starting point for loadiine and homebrew
It was user error. When they reconnected, they created a new connection, instead of using an existing one with the correct blocking, or didn't create a new connection that had the blocking in place, either through using DNS with blocking, or some other method. It's entirely their fault for not blocking properly.

I would go so far as to say using Tubehax is an incorrect method to block updates, because you are relying on a service which you have no control over. If Tubehax doesn't work, it's correct that you just won't connect to the internet, however, if whoever runs Tubehax decides to change the URL blocking, you're screwed. Never rely on a blocking method that YOU do not control.

Last edited by brienj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: