@Flame all good from my end. It's true that this user seems to have some anger issues but I don't feel attacked by that.
In fact others and me tried to see where the anger here stems from, found a thread where he described the issue with his Wii U and am now in a slow process to see how we can get this console up&running again (it's not a defective eMMC like the problem of the OP was).
//EDIT: Still a bit unsure if @indigenous is an alt of tiger111 or not (writing style is so similar, error with the console exactly the same and so on) so @indigenous in case you're a real person DM me and I'll tell you the same I told tiger (moving this from GBATemp to a Discord server for more direct support cause that's needed in these special cases).
You need the encrypted one. I am not if WiiUDownloader also downloads the ticket. Does it have a title.tik? For the system titles you have to use the command line. There you can specify the title and that it should be downloaded encrypted.
That's a bad eMMC. You need to replace itm either with a SD or another eMMC. There is no point in trying to fix titles before the the eMMC isn't replaced, as it will only get worse and make the repair more complicated
That's a bad eMMC. You need to replace itm either with a SD or another eMMC. There is no point in trying to fix titles before the the eMMC isn't replaced, as it will only get worse and make the repair more complicated
I won't waste my time and effort for a lost cause and making things worse. And I don't think you should either. Maybe someone else will.
Without replacement it will just get worse. Every write will make it worse. The only sensible thing wo do would be to dump otp and slc + mlc (with the custom recovery) and then turning the Wii U off till it is replaced. As the state of the SLC and the MLC are connected through the SLC cache, you also can't simply use and older MLC dump to go back, you would also need to flash the SLC, which is a lot of work.
I won't waste my time and effort for a lost cause and making things worse. And I don't think you should either. Maybe someone else will.
Without replacement it will just get worse. Every write will make it worse. The only sensible thing wo do would be to dump otp and slc + mlc (with the custom recovery) and then turning the Wii U off till it is replaced. As the state of the SLC and the MLC are connected through the SLC cache, you also can't simply use and older MLC dump to go back, you would also need to flash the SLC, which is a lot of work.
I figured, I can't move the folders no matter what I do. I know it would get worse, but am I doing this right? I'l stop buggin ya.
>>> w.mv("sys/title/00050010/10048100", "test")
WARNING: MOVING A FILE OR FOLDER CAN BRICK YOUR CONSOLE, ARE YOU SURE (Y/N)?
y
moving /vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10048100 to /vol/storage_mlc01/test failed : 0xfffcffde
I wanted to try anyway, but i'd have to pay someone to install nand-aid. So I tried a cheap fix first--you never know what you'l get out of it. I'l have to go for nand-aid.
I'm not having any bad blocks only errors in the mlc when dumping via UDPIH. Do you think the NAND is bad or do you think the NAND's FS is just corrupt? I got someone who can help out if I need it with NAND-AID.
Posting just thank everyone involved in this post, directly and indirectly!
I've just purchased a japanese Wii U, bricked it trying to change its language, and thanks to the information shared in various messages on the first page, I managed to unbrick it without having to hardmod it to restore a nand dump.
I downloaded the encrypted Wii U Menu using JNUSTool and wrote it using the UDPIH recovery menu.
I'm not having any bad blocks only errors in the mlc when dumping via UDPIH. Do you think the NAND is bad or do you think the NAND's FS is just corrupt? I got someone who can help out if I need it with NAND-AID.
Sorry for the late answer, gbatemp doesn't notify if the answers get merged, so I didn't get a notification.
The recovery menu NAND-Dumper won't report bad blocks for a bad hynix, it will only report errors. The algorithm is to first try to copy large blocks, if that fails a error is reported and then it copies one sector at a time. For some reason the eMMC or FSA doesn't report errors on these single sector reads. And only errors on single sector reads would be counted as bad blocks.
From the logs you showed I am pretty sure your eMMC is bad. And if you see errors during the mlc dump (slc dump errors are expected) then you can be sure your eMMC is bad.
Sorry for the late answer, gbatemp doesn't notify if the answers get merged, so I didn't get a notification.
The recovery menu NAND-Dumper won't report bad blocks for a bad hynix, it will only report errors. The algorithm is to first try to copy large blocks, if that fails a error is reported and then it copies one sector at a time. For some reason the eMMC or FSA doesn't report errors on these single sector reads. And only errors on single sector reads would be counted as bad blocks.
From the logs you showed I am pretty sure your eMMC is bad. And if you see errors during the mlc dump (slc dump errors are expected) then you can be sure your eMMC is bad.
I've been able to fill it up to less then 5G (currently) no issues. I have cfw and themes, etc, even the vwii is full of roms, but I get you. Thank you for you're insight.
Posting just thank everyone involved in this post, directly and indirectly!
I've just purchased a japanese Wii U, bricked it trying to change its language, and thanks to the information shared in various messages on the first page, I managed to unbrick it without having to hardmod it to restore a nand dump.
I downloaded the encrypted Wii U Menu using JNUSTool and wrote it using the UDPIH recovery menu.
Sorry for the late answer, gbatemp doesn't notify if the answers get merged, so I didn't get a notification.
The recovery menu NAND-Dumper won't report bad blocks for a bad hynix, it will only report errors. The algorithm is to first try to copy large blocks, if that fails a error is reported and then it copies one sector at a time. For some reason the eMMC or FSA doesn't report errors on these single sector reads. And only errors on single sector reads would be counted as bad blocks.
From the logs you showed I am pretty sure your eMMC is bad. And if you see errors during the mlc dump (slc dump errors are expected) then you can be sure your eMMC is bad.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...