Wii U turning Off and On?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Nigleet, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Nigleet
    OP

Nigleet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    Canada
    Aidsville, Cancerland
    Backstory:
    -Everything ran smooth up until I made some changes on vWii.
    -I downloaded USB Loader GX 2, didn't have SD reading for Wii games so I moved on.
    -Got WiiFlow (FIX94's last build), seemed to run fine but I moved on as it did t have Nintendont support.
    -Got WiiFlow Lite (latest), ran fine.
    -Installed WAD, opened from vWii system menu. System powered down. System then powered up, went through CBHC Autoboot to system menu on Wii u.
    -Tried booting up a game in vWii wii flow lite again. Got further in the game then powered down and powered back up again, this time showing the CBHC menu.
    -I tried going through menus, playing other games on Wii U and vWii, though it persisted (sometimes autobooting CBHC, others showing CBHC menu)
    -I tried manually powering down and unplugging the power source to no avail. The random shut offs had no specific interval. Could have been a few seconds after booting CBHC, or minutes.

-Searched and found nothing like this.

-I took my chance and opened homebrew launcher, uninstalled CBHC, followed by haxchi. Deleted the DS VC game. At this point I noticed I only had 100+ish MB after deleting. Anyways. I questioned if that may have been related, so I deleted a few other things, leaving me with a few GB of free space. I redownloaded the DS VC game and reinstalled haxchi, then CBHC. Everything seems fine at this point. I have not tried the vWii again, out of fear .

Has anyone run into anything like this before?

2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You might installed corrupted vWii wad [Don't quote me on that]
    Either your Wii U is overheating and reboots to prevent frying itself.
    [Or prevent kernel panic like in Android devices]
    Check if your fan is working fine, then launch vWii and let it sit there for 5 minutes, if it powers off again, it's either vWii issue or your Wii U is cooking itself.

Nigleet likes this.
  3. Nigleet
    OP

Nigleet Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    Canada
    Aidsville, Cancerland
    I booted into vWii and deleted the forwarder. Tested nintendont. Seems to be running fine now. I forget to mention that I did check the fans as well.

I appreciate the response. I just wanted to have a basis of what to avoid future forward.