Hardware Wii U teardown by PC Perspective

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for sharing DeadlyFoez- I am half surprised Nintendo went with something so easy to pull apart and put back together but I am certainly not going to complain about a lack of ultrasonic welding and such.

Reactions: Rydian

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks again DeadlyFoez.... I just hope there is not a mod chip for the DVD drive as that is going to kill some drives (I changed my opinion calling soldering easy after watching so many DMS, D2A and D2B drives butchered on the Wii). That said at least Nintendo when pins again rather than BGA for the chips on the drive.

dtp30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me.. Or does that drive look like it *might* take a GC disk? Or will it only load full size discs? Interesting lense eye... Alot of CD-rom / blu ray has 2 eyes.. one for each..

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me.. Or does that drive look like it *might* take a GC disk? Or will it only load full size discs? Interesting lense eye... Alot of CD-rom / blu ray has 2 eyes.. one for each..
Yes, but there are also plenty that only have a single focal lense. But this is why I took those pictures, for the people who might want a little look inside... even though I only had my cell phone to take pictures with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice