Gaming Wii U System Update is now live

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn...main menu -> system menu is still 20 seconds.

And the problem I'm having with the TV control thingy is still the same. :(

I'm honestly not able to use the TV control on my TV. Mainly because our sound comes from our surround sound, and our channel surfing comes from our Satellite box which you can't control with the TV control. Bit of a bummer, but eh, whatever.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no server side check each time you load a menu, it's only offline checks (maybe decryption of the full title/menu in ram before displaying it? full Checksum verification before/after decryption?)

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there's no server side check each time you load a menu, it's only offline checks (maybe decryption of the full title/menu in ram before displaying it? full Checksum verification before/after decryption?)

I though there was because some people (maybe here I don't remember) said their Wii U froze because they lost their internet connexion while loading a menu...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My WiiU is not always on internet, and it's slow too :(
But maybe if a connection is established, it's sending user's data and wait for a reply?
I didn't track the online data while switching menus, only when launching games.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you guys actually waiting for the Update?
Mine did it automatically in the Background, i was watching youtube and playing nsmbu with no problems.

@jalaneme
The WiiU has the Wii 512 MB Nand Chip on the mainboard installed, so Wii Stuff wont take space on the WiiU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F