• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 9,341
  • Replies 64
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted_171835

OP
A system update is available for the Wii U!
nintendo-wii-u-loading-times-screencap.jpg

The update improves a number of things,
  • A standby function to download and install software while the system is powered off
  • Software purchased from the Nintendo eShop will automatically install in the background once the download is complete
  • Holding down the B Button while the Wii U logo is displayed during startup will load the Wii Menu*¹
  • An option to transfer and/or copy between two USB storage devices in "Data Management"
  • The ability to select multiple software titles when transferring, copying, or deleting data in "Data Management"
  • The option to adjust screen size (overscan issues) is now available under "TV"*²
  • "Auto Power-Down" has been renamed "Power Settings"
  • Changes to Miiverse
  • Changes to Nintendo eShop
  • Changes to the Internet Browser
  • Changes to Download Management
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
  • The Wii U will continue downloading and installing software even if the system is turned off.
  • The Wii U Virtual Console will be added the day after the update.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_update.jsp

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was expecting a notification, but nope, I had to go to the system settings to download it. Weird. Takes about 30 mins to download on my end fyi.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not out for me quite yet, however everything is undergoing maintenance so I would imagine it will be ready soon.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
  • New software that you have downloaded in the background will automatically be installed while playing a game.
  • Software updates will automatically be downloaded (even without starting the software).
call me paranoid but that sound like you can no longer stop the system from updating itself without just turning off WiFi (kinda like what some have reported with the new 3DS update) even if this particular update doesn't patch vWii or future vulnerabilities for Wii U hacking, it would make it harder to AVOID getting such "fixes" applied when they do come out in the future.

Reactions: kimotori

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it wasn't affected? Good.

Looks like it... It was the first think I ran when I started the vWii

Didn't try any backup loaders, but I bet they'll work as usual.

Another thing to note is that the hold B to boot to wii mode doesnt seem like it will work when you dont have a wiimote currently synced to the system. It didnt boot up when i just held B with the gamepad.. It just tossed be back to the log in screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.