• Likes 2

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Any tutorial for homebrew channel on vwii ? When Wii U turn off and turn on.. You will start it all over Or it will be like Wii permanently ?

It's permanent, basically same a Wii, but the files needed different and can only be done with a Game Save hack currently.
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
yes the Homebrew channel still working fine in 3.0.0

So they didn't remove anything? nice they obviously don't care much then, but it's still a mystery why they go out life and limb to block ds flashcarts almost every update on the 3ds though.

For once, actual "improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience". :)

yeah, unlike stupid sony, at least nintendo are honest about what has changed in their updates and they actually do something too.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
So they didn't remove anything? nice they obviously don't care much then, but it's still a mystery why they go out life and limb to block ds flashcarts almost every update on the 3ds though.
Conspiracy: Nintendo gave up on DS games and decided to buy some of the biggest businesses in flashcart manufacturing, now they're trying to force people into buying their DSTwo's.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's permanent, basically same a Wii, but the files needed different and can only be done with a Game Save hack currently.
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode

Thank you kindly.

I have to do one of this retail disc all over again like I did for my Wii before ? @_@

Will it allow me to play Game Cube from backup disc like it did on Wii ?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.. Last question before back on topic:

What if I dont have one of the exploit ? Can't I just transfer from my original Wii to do that ? Thanks.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love this update. Sped up loading all around. Monster Hunter used to take 15 seconds to load, now it takes 5. Used to take 25 seconds to quite, now it takes 10. Love the speed of it. And the overscan adjustments helped my friend out immensely. Nintendo's on the right track getting the Wii U up to speed in functionality.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can now hold down the power button on the Wii U itself to power down the system. I figured this out when I tried to load Wii Mode while I had an active download. I think the system was confused and was trying to kick in to stand-by mode and load Wiimode at the same time, and it just froze. So I tried to hold the power button down and sure enough it worked.

Reactions: Maxternal

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this update finally give us the ability to power down the gamepad while leaving the Wii-u on? Currently we only have the option to turn off the gamepad display, which doesn't really help with Netflix (Playback pauses when you open the home menu to turn off the display, in order to un-pause you need the display). The only workaround I've found is to walk the gamepad out of range and turn it off.
Even for a game like NSMBu, even though I'm playing with the Wiimote, the gamepad is on. I can turn off the display, but it's still on.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can now hold down the power button on the Wii U itself to power down the system. I figured this out when I tried to load Wii Mode while I had an active download. I think the system was confused and was trying to kick in to stand-by mode and load Wiimode at the same time, and it just froze. So I tried to hold the power button down and sure enough it worked.
Uh... I always pushed the power button to shut the console off. Unless your talking about while in WiiM... nevermind because I always did that. I think you were just having problems.

yeah, unlike stupid sony, at least nintendo are honest about what has changed in their updates and they actually do something too.

Jesus, I agree with emigre, all you do is bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch whine bitch bitch bitch bitch. Shut up already will ya>

Reactions: TripleSMoon

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you kindly.

I have to do one of this retail disc all over again like I did for my Wii before ? @_@

Will it allow me to play Game Cube from backup disc like it did on Wii ?

No, you can't play Game Cube, it doesn't have the GC controller or memory card ports .

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
there are GC games coming for download
Okay, maybe, but he was asking about playing it from a backup disk.

Although it's never actually been confirmed that there will be any GC VC I'd say they'd do it in a Devolution style virtual machine which WOULD allow them to use other controls and other forms of saving. If not, tueidj still shows interest in making Devolution work for vWii publicly but it still hasn't happened yet either.

I guess a more complete answer would be something more like "Not right now but maybe later"

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, maybe, but he was asking about playing it from a backup disk.

Although it's never actually been confirmed that there will be any GC VC I'd say they'd do it in a Devolution style virtual machine which WOULD allow them to use other controls and other forms of saving. If not, tueidj still shows interest in making Devolution work for vWii publicly but it still hasn't happened yet either.

I guess a more complete answer would be something more like "Not right now but maybe later"

Yeah, good luck with that. Kinda hard to have Devolution on vWii if tueidj expects people to verify their game discs.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
looks like the wiiu has a RROD : the read of death ROD
Since the update lego city is constantly freezing or I get the code 150-1051 disc can't be read errors. It just did this twice in a row so I can't even play now :angry: :angry: :angry:

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I don't think you need Scooby Doo and the gang on the case to realize they block flashcarts because they're fucking flashcarts.

I'm pretty sure the point that @jalaneme was making, was that it seems strange that Nintendo would focus on blocking flashcarts on the 3DS, whilst not apparently making any effort to block Wii mode exploits on the WiiU

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Although it's never actually been confirmed that there will be any GC VC I'd say they'd do it in a Devolution style virtual machine which WOULD allow them to use other controls and other forms of saving.

It shouldn't be too difficult, the hardware is there, if Sony can emulate PS2 games on PS3 via 100% software emulation with the blueooth enabled for the controllers, I'm pretty sure Nintendo can get GC games running with gamepad and WiiMote attachments with the 2GB of RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China