Hacking Wii U System Update 5.5.3 released

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah this update seems to be very much uneventful, the changes for US and JP only include new amazon certificates being added, the EU one though got updates to system menu, system settings and user settings, no IOSU update or other kernel updates so things should still work exactly as they did before.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah this update seems to be very much uneventful, the changes for US and JP only include new amazon certificates being added, the EU one though got updates to system menu, system settings and user settings, no IOSU update or other kernel updates so things should still work exactly as they did before.

What about the backport people is talking about?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This update likely is only for GDPR compliance. EUR has 6 title updates, USA and JPN only have 3. There are no code changes for USA and JPN at all.
And the winner is...
photo_2018-09-04_02-41-56.jpg photo_2018-09-04_02-41-59.jpg

Last edited by Ryccardo,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since EUR Wii U Menu was updated, these systems may have CBHC removed after the update (system.xml file overwritten). This happened to someone I know just now.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since EUR Wii U Menu was updated, these systems may have CBHC removed after the update (system.xml file overwritten). This happened to someone I know just now.
the wiiu system menu does not include the system.xml file. I also looked a bit more and so far I dont see anything interesting changed, I did find it pretty funny that this one image:
old.jpg

changed to this now:
new.jpg

and the best part is, that image change was done for the image of the US version of the system menu... in the EU update, so you probably cant even see it. No clue how that one happened.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wiiu system menu does not include the system.xml file. I also looked a bit more and so far I dont see anything interesting changed, I did find it pretty funny that this one image:
old.jpg

changed to this now:
new.jpg

and the best part is, that image change was done for the image of the US version of the system menu... in the EU update, so you probably cant even see it. No clue how that one happened.

They should remove the Miiverse icon..... useless now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1