Hacking Wii U System Update 5.0 released

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Fun... my Wii U started updating by itself...
Even though I told it NOT to enable any Standy By... fucking idiot system

moc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine was on 4.1 with auto update software disabled I have just finished playing Mario kart 8 online as I quit out of game back to menu it started to update itself with no input from me?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mine was on 4.1 with auto update software disabled I have just finished playing Mario kart 8 online as I quit out of game back to menu it started to update itself with no input from me?
LOL that's what happened to me. just let it prepare when it says click OK turn power off. MK is a damn saboteur!! :P

Reactions: moc

SnugglesDr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohh no!
That's nintendos trick: you want the free game -> you have to update

I'm still on 4.1 with no access to the shop. deactivated standby today, just to be save.
MK8 is still running and i'm glad to have my free game.

i will wait for releases with force me to update (maybe zelda,...), sure they come.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this update touch the vWii mode at all? my sd card doesnt work and im tempted to update to see if this resolves it but id hate to lose out on potential homebrew.

what's the real info on the browser exploit? is it even going to possibly open homebrew access?
That info is not ready to be disclosed yet, which is why you've heard nothing so far. But yes, you can do anything with the web browser if you have code execution, as long as you know what you're doing. You'd have to first get homebrew running as a new app because whatever you'd do in the web browser would be clogged up by all the registers and data it uses for the various frameworks, hence explaining any further mention of me to a "clean slate". It's being done through the web browser for a reason. It's the only program that doesn't have No-Execute, which is how it's possible to get code execution to make an exploit. Once we have code execution, it's a simple HRESET hack to get 1) the keys, and 2) (not sure about this part) changing any code in the kernel or otherwise to be able to LOAD said new apps.

moc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To late its updated I pressed ok, still hope I could use wiikey u if and when it comes out

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious.. If I buy Wii U that was before 4.0 then what should I do ? How do I update to 4.1.0 instead of 5.0 ? That's what I am wondering about. I dont want to buy Wii U right now but I just want to know just in case.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious.. If I buy Wii U that was before 4.0 then what should I do ? How do I update to 4.1.0 instead of 5.0 ? That's what I am wondering about. I dont want to buy Wii U right now but I just want to know just in case.

Like with apple and iOS derpiness, I don't think you can, unless you specifically update using a disc, and even then I don't know of any that would have it that new.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just blocked the nintendo update server in my router couple of months ago, so it can't download any updates... problem solved, I guess?
What did you add to your router? I had no choice of using my router when I switched providers (I had it blocked).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...