Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! I have blocked this adresses for make the Wii U don't upload:
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/
I'll be safe from exploit-killing with blocking theses adresses? thanks for your answers!
EDIT: I can't verify if it doesn't update because I'm in 5.0.0, and I alredy block them, but the console still saying "up to date" by so I asking this.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In standby the Wii U transfers Quick menu data to the gamepad.

Uh, yeah, I know that. What were you trying to say to me...? That's why I have it OFF so I don't get preempted by updates while it's on standby/off.

You said it is stupid to make quick menu only work in standby.
That I did. You can't use such a convenient feature without Nintendo being sneaky punks and update the system behind your back. I guess the only way to have it on is if you blacklist the server in the router settings. Sorry for the confusion.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh, yeah, I know that. What were you trying to say to me...? That's why I have it OFF so I don't get preempted by updates while it's on standby/off. I'm confused at your quoting me seeing as I've been warning people about it...

You said it is stupid to make quick menu only work in standby.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People are STILL freaking out and losing sleep over the update, despite the fact we have received assurances from Crediar and Marionumer1 over this and the fact it has no impact on the exploit out all. Really? That's just sad. Gotta love mass hysteria:rofl2:

Good move, people need to calm down and know that this doesn't do a damn thing negative, if they don't want auto updates, they can disable standby and auto-update in the settings. Failing that, block the Nintendo server IP address.

TeamScriptKiddies, This is false, you are not forced to do auto updates, please don't spread false information. This is only true if you enable standby mode in the user settings which is OPTIONAL. Turn it off in the settings menu, and you will NOT get updates while the console is in standby. It's REALLY not that terribly hard to do so, there's no need to exacerbate the issue by spreading flagrant false information when the topic has been discussed by other users. PLEASE calm down, dude. Why are you making a mountain out of a molehill? There's no need to spread even more panic, now is there? Just disable auto updates, disable standby, add the IP address to the blacklist, but don't spread false information, please. I disabled standby and auto updates the second the update was completed. No need to lose sleep over it.

You sir should know the facts before making a statement!
Wii U with Automatic Downloads OFF and Standby OFF. Still receiving the notice every time I start my system.

But then again. The update is safe. So go ahead and update :).

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sir should know the facts before making a statement!
Wii U with Automatic Downloads OFF and Standby OFF. Still receiving the notice every time I start my system.

But then again. The update is safe. So go ahead and update :).

I do know the facts, I don't know why I'm being told I don't. With that said, the only way to use the quick menu is to turn standby on, if you don't want to receive updates while the console is off, turn standby off. You won't get the updates for standby if it's off, block the IP address if you're worried. I already updated, I could have blocked the IP address, but I didn't as there was nothing to be afraid of. I was implying that standby should be turned off AFTER you update to 5.0.0, not before.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
You guys know of the URL's I need to block to stop updates? Is it just these, and have they been confirmed?:

nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download/

I'm so glad Nintendo didn't make Mario Kart 8 require an update to play online...

EDIT: And is it okay if I update to 5.0?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
I was on 4.1.0E in the UK and just tried blocking the following update address in my router:-

However this did not stop the update from starting to download from the system settings update option, so then I tried:-

nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

This address worked, and now when I try to select 'System Update' from System Settings I get Error Code: 105-4207

Note that I dont know if the Wii U checks different addresses for updates depending on your region and/or the way the system attempts to update (eg. system update option compared to standby updates etc)

Also since its said to be safe I temporarily removed the block and updated to 5.0.0E, then I re-enabled the block and afterwards I still get the above error code when checking for updates - so you can still check if your update block works even if you are on the latest firmware.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nay, since I the day before played Nintendo Land. I started my Wii U, ejected Mario Kart 8 and put in Nintendo Land. All of a sudden it updates. I thought too that "Oh, maybe something went wrong with a Nintendo Land install" and all of a sudden, I got version 5.0. So no, it wasn't a game update.

Gamediscs have no systemenu updates as of yet.
I've been on 4.1 since forever and own the latest games and never a game prompted me to update the system menu once.
So I agree out of experience.
System menu/ FW are only pushed via Wifi/internet.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know it's safe to update but I think I'll pass. Won't 4.1 - 4.5 get homebrew quicker than 5.0 anyways?
no it's been confirmed 5.0 won't stop hb. but i suppose its pointless to update since if you want t use quick boot you have to turn standby on which allows updates to be installed while console is off...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!