Hacking Wii U System Update 5.0 released

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the looks of it crediar, considering he implied that there is a partial exploit already, and then my implying that it's not quite ready yet, hence why it isn't public yet.
that exploit was announced 6 months ago...but, for losing one's shit, there's no better time than the present, i suppose.

we should all be so partial and not quite ready, btw.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Marionumber1 so, you say it is safe to update? I read you say "some adresses were changed", it would be 2 versions of exploits? 1 for users that have 4.1.0 (like me) and another for the 5.0.0? like banner bomb with the Wii, it has 1 for the 4.1 systems and other for ONLY 4.2, I hope you understand me, because my english is not very good, thanks for the answer!

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marionumber1 so, you say it is safe to update? I read you say "some adresses were changed", it would be 2 versions of exploits? 1 for users that have 4.1.0 (like me) and another for the 5.0.0? like banner bomb with the Wii, it has 1 for the 4.1 systems and other for ONLY 4.2, I hope you understand me, because my english is not very good, thanks for the answer!

Actually 3, since we were working on 4.0.x before 4.1.0 came out. Nintendo rudely decided to push an update while we were still working. :P

Reactions: Goku Junior

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exploit that will be launched, will work with 4.1.0U and 5.0.0U,right? (sorry for the questions, I'm a little scared with this :( )

Yes, but it will be a long time before anything is released. Many people may not believe me as a result, but I don't care much. They'll be wrong in the end. ;)

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, but it will be a long time before anything is released. Many people may not believe me as a result, but I don't care much. They'll be wrong in the end. ;)

Thanks for all! for security reasons, I'll stay in 4.1.0U, I believe in you, do not listen to those people, they probably not know that you did it obtain the Wii U BootROM, keep the good work!, I'll wait for the exploit, thanks for the answers!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: emo kid 68

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
People need to calm the hell down. Nintendo did not block the bug in the browser, they simply changes around some addresses. The exploit has not been blocked, I doubt Nintendo even knows one exists. You know what might cause them to know, however? This mass hysteria.

And that idiot of a reporter, the "Russian" guy.

Reactions: digipimp75

Locket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a quick question. I have my vwii hacked, cios installed and hbc installed. Haven't really done anything else on it. My main question is, I don't really need the hacked bit as I dont see myself playing it, and i just dont want to turn my system on (since it auto updates) and it be bricked. Is the wii-u mode seperate to the vwii mode. If the vwii mode gets update bricked or something, i wont necessarily be upset, but if I can't use my whole system, I'm going to be quite upset.

If so, is there a way I can delete/restore the cios and delete the HBC enough to where i shouldn't get a brick?

Thanks so much

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a quick question. I have my vwii hacked, cios installed and hbc installed. Haven't really done anything else on it. My main question is, I don't really need the hacked bit as I dont see myself playing it, and i just dont want to turn my system on (since it auto updates) and it be bricked. Is the wii-u mode seperate to the vwii mode. If the vwii mode gets update bricked or something, i wont necessarily be upset, but if I can't use my whole system, I'm going to be quite upset.

If so, is there a way I can delete/restore the cios and delete the HBC enough to where i shouldn't get a brick?

Thanks so much

You should be fine, they are separate

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What a bullshit. It just updates automatically? Ironically I was moving stuf... now my Wii U was unplugged while the controller said ready for update.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can opt out auto updates by turning off standby no?, so even if there's a law against it i would say they'll just point to that as their safeguard...

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can opt out auto updates by turning off standby no?, so even if there's a law against it i would say they'll just point to that as their safeguard...
doesnt work it still tries to update. but if it does let it prepare than when it says click ok to update push the power button on the gpad it won't brick you.

Reactions: BvanBart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?