Homebrew Wii U System Menu Won't Load

DiamondNaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have had my Wii U set up with Haxchi over the past 6 months. It has worked great until a few days ago when it decided to only want to load the Homebrew channel and nothing else. The only thing I use Haxchi/Homebrew for is SDCaffine for Sm4sh mods. When I press the home button to go back to the main menu, I am redirected to the Mii Maker. I am kind of confused on why this is happening and any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

P.S I was changing the Sm4sh mod when this occurred. Though never had this happen previously when changing mods.

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have had my Wii U set up with Haxchi over the past 6 months. It has worked great until a few days ago when it decided to only want to load the Homebrew channel and nothing else. The only thing I use Haxchi/Homebrew for is SDCaffine for Sm4sh mods. When I press the home button to go back to the main menu, I am redirected to the Mii Maker. I am kind of confused on why this is happening and any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

P.S I was changing the Sm4sh mod when this occurred. Though never had this happen previously when changing mods.
The Homebrew Launcher goes over the Mii Maker app. If it's taking you back to Mii Maker when you quit the Homebrew Launcher with the HOME button, that's just normal behaviour.

DiamondNaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew Launcher goes over the Mii Maker app. If it's taking you back to Mii Maker when you quit the Homebrew Launcher with the HOME button, that's just normal behaviour.
But I am unable to do anything else on the Wii U. I am unable to run any sort of game because it isn't letting me go to the main menu.

PortalPlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a nand back up? did you installed cbhc (if so did you installed it on a unofficial/unsupported ds game and or touched it?) if not then what did you do to cause that... did you edit your system.xml? if so then you shouldnt had left that game because if you didnt you could access the homebrew channel via the internet browser and undo what you have done. welp we soon need to add your wii u to WiiUBru RIP List hope youll find a fix.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also no the gamepad wouldn't do that

Last edited by PortalPlayer,

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think using SDCaffine to temporarily replace game files would cause this.

The video shows that it's stuck in some sort of loop when trying to return from something, but what about booting up?

did you installed cbhc (if so did you installed it on a unofficial/unsupported ds game and or touched it?) if not then what did you do to cause that...
Using CBHC on an unclean DS title would stop the console from booting at all, but here it was able to get into the homebrew launcher, so it can't be that. Also, that would only run at boot.

DiamondNaruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I did is press home to go to Mii Maker and tried to use the various options in the pre-home menu while in Mii Maker. Then it started to do this.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you have a nand back up? did you installed cbhc (if so did you installed it on a unofficial/unsupported ds game and or touched it?) if not then what did you do to cause that... did you edit your system.xml? if so then you shouldnt had left that game because if you didnt you could access the homebrew channel via the internet browser and undo what you have done. welp we soon need to add your wii u to WiiUBru RIP List hope youll find a fix.

No to nand backup. I know I had the homebrew channel on the main menu. I used brainage to do so. I don't even know where the system.xml file would be.

Last edited by DiamondNaruto,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom