Wii U Stuck on Logo

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

First time poster here. I decided to make this post since I am having issues with my Wii U. Currently, my Wii U will not boot up to the main menu. It stays stuck on the Wii U logo indefinitely.

There are a few things to note about my console. The console is the black 32 gb model. I believe it was bought during the 2012 holiday season (release) as we were expecting to play Pikmin 3 before it got delayed. The system has never been modded in any fashion. It was not the most heavily played console, and I can't even give a good estimate of when it was last used (at least more than 3 years).

I have already tried doing the UDPIH, however it does not seem to be working. When using the second recovery menu, I get a white screen with some blue lines (see attached image). I believe this is similar to what @fadafwet described in his post. I was able to get the logs from the system, which I have attached to this post. Any idea what the issue may be and how to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Garbled Screen.jpg
    Garbled Screen.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • logs.zip
    63.9 KB · Views: 92

Ysecond

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Huh, did it crash or something? If so, send me the crashlog/output please, if not, I’ll have to maybe implement some kind of retrying functionality
The command window has disappeared, I just got these titles. I can't find the logs. I have always believed that this is my network error, so I have never mentioned it. You know, in my area, browsing certain networks requires the use of magic(VPN).

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 1234.png
    1234.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 20

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done. I don't know what was different this time, but now I have 52 folders.
Post automatically merged:

Should I now attempt wafel_install (basically all the steps involving wafel except for destroy)?

Last edited by ChefVortivask,
Reactions: SDIO

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, and if that doesn't work load the 5.5.5 fw.img as ios_orig.img from the SD

Get JNSUTool and add the common key to the config file.
Then you can download and extract the latest OSv10 with
Code:
java -jar JNUSTool.jar 000500101000400A
From there you take the fw.img and put it as ios_orig.img on the sdcard. Then you use the second instead of the first option in minute.

You can use this tool to extract the common key from your otp.bin, if you haven't done that already: https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/WiiUCommonKeyExtractor/releases/tag/v1

Last edited by SDIO,

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I'll be using the 2 GB SD card, should I also set it up like I did for de_Fuse (flash boot1.img, reformat, etc.)? I ask because I'm trying to do that, but I have 908 MB partition on the SD card that is unallocated. I'm not sure if boot1.img is responsible for this, and if so, how to fix it.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes the boot1.img has a 900MB partition in it's partition table, you need to format the partition to FAT32 and resize it to the end of the SD. Be careful to not move the beginning, but only the end of the partition

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like boot1.img has a 904 MB partition. Whenever I format that partition, I'm always 99.2 MB short of what I need. Is there a specific program I should be using to format the partition?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to increase the size of the partition. On linux I just use gparted. I am not sure if windows disk management can do it. Maybe you need to use and tool like Minitool Partition partition wizard or easeus partition manager

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the free version of Minitool Partition Wizard and it does say that the new created partition cannot be used in Windows because Windows could only recognize the first partition. I went ahead and did that, but unsurprisingly, I can't put anything into that partition. The other option (using Minitool Partition Wizard) is to convert both partitions to NTFS, merge them, and then convert the merged partition to FAT32. I'm not sure if this will work, and if it does work, I don't know if de_Fuse will still work with the SD card.

Nevermind that. I just noticed that I could extend the partition, so I did. I now have a 64 MB unallocated partition (which I believe is from boot1.img), and a 1.8 GB FAT32 partition.

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great. I copied everything over (fw.img, otp.bin, the wiiu folder, and the wafel_install folder containing the 52 folders). I'll try using the card tonight and we'll see how it goes.

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I most likely was on an older firmware since the last log was from 2015 and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the last time it was played. I'm assuming the MLC titles are for the last firmware released for the Wii U (not sure if they still do updates), so the SLC titles also need to be reinstalled to match?

I haven't tried wafel yet since I've been quite busy with some other things, but I do intend to do it soon.

ChefVortivask

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the downloader, I got 5 folders for the SLC titles. Is this the correct amount or am I missing some? Also, just to make sure I understand your guide correctly, the SLC titles go in the same folder as the MLC titles (wafel_install)? There's no additional differentiation needed?

I'll make sure to copy SLC.RAW to my computer since it is still on the 1 GB SD card I used initially.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo