diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i cant get this running at all tried it on 3 different computers
ive tried updating java, double clicking on the jar and loading in console
i renamed the jar to PointerSearch.jar so theres no spaces
all i seem to get is "Error: Could not find or load main class" if i use "java PointerSearch.jar"
and i get nothing if i use "java -jar PointerSearch.jar"

so anyone tell me what im missing ??

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
having an error too on v2.6. says this after saving my dump directory with 2 ram dumps file name is on the offsets the code i want a pointer for.
i click read memory dumps then it said 'OK' then perform a search and the error pop's up

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.bullywiihacks.hacking.pointer.PointerSearcherGui$1$1.doInBackground(PointerSearcherGui.java:123)
    at com.bullywiihacks.hacking.pointer.PointerSearcherGui$1$1.doInBackground(PointerSearcherGui.java:1)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i cant get this running at all tried it on 3 different computers
You only need to install JRE or JDK and then just double-click the .jar file. Anyway, try again :P
having an error too on v2.6. says this after saving my dump directory with 2 ram dumps file name is on the offsets the code i want a pointer for.
i click read memory dumps then it said 'OK' then perform a search and the error pop's up
Yeah, that shouldn't happen and it's fixed now. The reason for this was that you didn't make a choice for either pointer or pointer in pointer search. Now it's just pointer by default.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Reactions: cfoordddd

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
You only need to install JRE or JDK and then just double-click the .jar file. Anyway, try again :P

Yeah, that shouldn't happen and it's fixed now. The reason for this was that you didn't make a choice for either pointer or pointer in pointer search. Now it's just pointer by default.
it's working now thanks!
but my search result shows nothing, i don't know if im doing something wrong.
here's how i did it, in splatoon, went to mission 20 got the exact offset i wanted (2D895A08), tested if it's still in the same offset when i go back to mission 20 but changes when im not. Dump the ram while at mission 20 range 10000000 - 3B000000 named it 2D895A08.bin.
next i did the same thing but for mission 21, (offset this time was 2F582908) Dump the ram same range, named it 2F582908.bin.
place both files on a folder by itself, opened wii u pointer search directed memory dump folder to where i saved it.
setted maximum pointer offset to 500, clicked read memory dumps, then clicked perform search, and all i get is this, no pointers.
Code:
Performing pointer search...
Search completed!OK!

tried setting maximum pointer offset to 4000/allowed negative search and still nothing. Am i doing something wrong here?
im sorry if i'm bothering you too much. just want to get how these pointer works.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's working now thanks!
but my search result shows nothing, i don't know if im doing something wrong.
here's how i did it, in splatoon, went to mission 20 got the exact offset i wanted (2D895A08), tested if it's still in the same offset when i go back to mission 20 but changes when im not. Dump the ram while at mission 20 range 10000000 - 3B000000 named it 2D895A08.bin.
next i did the same thing but for mission 21, (offset this time was 2F582908) Dump the ram same range, named it 2F582908.bin.
place both files on a folder by itself, opened wii u pointer search directed memory dump folder to where i saved it.
setted maximum pointer offset to 500, clicked read memory dumps, then clicked perform search, and all i get is this, no pointers.
Code:
Performing pointer search...
Search completed!OK!

tried setting maximum pointer offset to 4000/allowed negative search and still nothing. Am i doing something wrong here?
im sorry if i'm bothering you too much. just want to get how these pointer works.
You seem to do it right but you have to remember that you have to find the same hack/thing twice e.g. your health and not e.g. your health and then an enemies health. If it really shows no results, also try doing a pointer in pointer search. It almost certainly has results. It is also weird that the "OK!" is printed last. It should be printed after reading the memory dumps only.

cfoordddd

Trophies
XP
Country
You seem to do it right but you have to remember that you have to find the same hack/thing twice e.g. your health and not e.g. your health and then an enemies health. If it really shows no results, also try doing a pointer in pointer search. It almost certainly has results. It is also weird that the "OK!" is printed last. It should be printed after reading the memory dumps only.
yeap it's the same object, but in a different offset in different missions. Tried the pointer in pointer, still none.

*edit* tried different dumps from a different game, seem to be working. my splatoon dump probably didnt finish properly maybe? although it did say completed.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
I give up
uninstalled all java on my vista 32bit pc and installed both jre and jdk still not working
updated jre on my windows 8 64 bit laptop same result
the GUI never opens for me and ive no idea why

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I give up
uninstalled all java on my vista 32bit pc and installed both jre and jdk still not working
updated jre on my windows 8 64 bit laptop same result
the GUI never opens for me and ive no idea why
Works fine here. Try compiling latest build.
Also check your Java security settings and turn it off [temporarily, you want that on otherwise]

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note everyone that if your still getting 0 there is a chance there is more pointer

Pointer-Pointer-Pointer and so on .

depending on how the Dev has decided to find the segments will depend on how many Pointers it needs to travel down .
another addition to this tool would would be to set how many Pointer in pointers u want to check for

so for example check for Pointer in Pointer up to 6 deep. and so on
think your up for that @BullyWiiPlaza

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pointer in pointer searches take long enough already so that would take ages

well if you could set it up as an option to be able to set how many pointers to look down it be a great addition.
and i think you would be able to speed it up if you were able to turn of the Screen printing (this take more memory then printing to txt)

Up to you but i know this function would be greatly helpful :)

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Pointer in pointer searches take long enough already so that would take ages

I messed around with it today with a python script and I hit 5 layers of recursion and there were still pointers. The problem is storing that with that kind've recursion required. I hit memory errors within 5 minutes. I'm going to re-write it in C and compile it into a dll. I should get better speed out of it that way. Is there any easy way to recognize link-lists?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the application doesn't run on my computer.
nothing happen and the process close itself.
the process doesn't even launch again anymore if I try to run the application again.

I tried double clicking the jar, and I tried the command line.
I have JRE1.8.051 installed.

my other java application are working (but it's an .exe not a jar)

I'll wait for another a C or python version.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not my fault for sure because it works fine. Also it should be platform-independent so it can't be your OS either but your configuration or Java installation. No more than installing JDK for your system bit version and running the Jar should be required. Either by double-click or by command line via
Code:
java -jar "Wii U Pointer Search.jar"
Didn't it work before?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's the first time I try it. I didn't made dumps yet.
I installed only JRE (above, you said JRE or JDK) so I thought either was fine.
I guess I need JDK then.

I tried searching manually (hexedit), but not sure if I did the correct thing.
Maybe it's pointer in pointer, it's too complicated to do it manually.

edit:
I found it manually :D
Hexworkshop !

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's the first time I try it. I didn't made dumps yet.
I installed only JRE (above, you said JRE or JDK) so I thought either was fine.
I guess I need JDK then.
I'm making a very easy video tutorial now so hold on a second. It will be for Windows though but I once got it setup as well on Linux :P

Edit:
Now added to the top post!

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
nothing happen

It's not my fault for sure because it works fine. Also it should be platform-independent so it can't be your OS either but your configuration or Java installation. No more than installing JDK for your system bit version and running the Jar should be required. Either by double-click or by command line via
Code:
java -jar "Wii U Pointer Search.jar"
Didn't it work before?

same for me still cant get it running i did manage to compile v2.6 and get the gui to open from IntelliJ and the examples did work but it just sits on "reading dumps" when i try it with my memory dumps
i already tried whats in your new video

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
same for me still cant get it running i did manage to compile v2.6 and get the gui to open from IntelliJ and the examples did work but it just sits on "reading dumps" when i try it with my memory dumps
i already tried whats in your new video
If it takes long to read the memory dumps either your PC has a slow hard drive or it ran out of memory so it failed to read. You can check in Task Manager if it still reads data from the disk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol