Hacking Wii U NAND Dumping Not Working

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I try and perform a NAND dump of my Wii U it makes it to one of the later parts of the backup and fails, restarting my WII U and leaving me with multiple files on my SD card, one of which is corrupted. I don't recall the specific error but I've tried it on two different SD cards, both formatted to FAT32 but I end up with a corrupted file on my SD card every time I try this.

Any ideas?

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how are you trying to dump the nand ?

Using the NAND Dumper from the Homebrew App store on the WiiU. Is there any way to verify the backup afterwards? I think the dump worked this time after I deleted all games and save data from my WiiU but because the console reset afterward I'm not sure if it worked.

Is there a log file somewhere?

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New problem now. I'm trying to install the Homebrew Launcher and WUP Installer GX2 both as channels. I tried it via WUP Installer GX2 and it did find and try to install the files but I got an error saying I needed a sigpatched sysNAND.

So I followed the steps and edited the Haxchi config file and reinstalled Haxchi. I load WUP Installer GX2 and now all of a sudden it can't find the files to install. They were found before and are in the correct folder but after rebooting and trying multiple times it refuses to find the files.

Any ideas? I've tried reinstalling the WUP Installer, no luck.

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
try and use a different version of wup installer it may help as i had a few problems with supposed missing files i found 1.3 worked best for me good luck

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have had problems with Wupinstaller Y-mod not finding some games on the SD card because of the folder names. when I renamed the folders to something more simple it found the games without problems.

kingraa777

boom!
Trophies
XP
Country
I have had problems with Wupinstaller Y-mod not finding some games on the SD card because of the folder names. when I renamed the folders to something more simple it found the games without problems.
this sounds similer to what was happening with me .

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried a different version of the WUP Installer GX2 but still no luck.

I have a folder called 'install' in the root directory of my SD card. In that folder I have two folders, both with simple names, no spaces or anything. I've even tried it with the files just in the install folder and not in sub-folders but it doesn't work either way.

I just want the channels because it's a pain in the ass using my web browser to go the the homebrew launcher and half the time I launch it via the web my console just freezes up and I have to restart it.

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
were are you getting the wup installer gx2 channel install files ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

have you been here ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wup-installer-gx2-rpx-channel.456199/

also are you ok installing things throgh hbc still other than gx2 games/dlc/apps ect ?

I first installed it from the Homebrew App Store, which was the one that initially found the files but then refused to again afterward. I then downloaded a different version directly from the link you just gave me but it gave the same error. I haven't installed anything other than apps via the Homebrew App Store so far. I wanted to get everything in working order before I move on to that.

I just formatted my Wii and SD card to try this all again fresh.

blu3z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It works! After formatting and running through all the steps again, everything seems to be working. Thanks for your input and help guys.

Zeh_Ot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the same problem. After thinking a bit, I think my problem is probably really disk space, I've used a 32GB flash drive, but only 29.8GB available. It seems that the complete backup should take a bit more than 30. Probably that's the reason the last part got corrupted.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. After thinking a bit, I think my problem is probably really disk space, I've used a 32GB flash drive, but only 29.8GB available. It seems that the complete backup should take a bit more than 30. Probably that's the reason the last part got corrupted.

for a 32GB mlc, you need a 64GB sd card.

Reactions: Zeh_Ot

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is correct. the mlc is not needed. you only need the slc from before installing cbhc or just in general in case something happens or the otp.bin, which can decrypt the slc. you can only really fix one issue this way, which is cbhc. the cbhcremover should fix a cbhc brick, so it's good to have the slc if anything else messes up. there's no way to fix anything with the otp.bin unless you know exactly what's wrong with the system. cbhc, as I mentioned, has an app specifically for that.

another possible "brick" is one with the sys_prod.xml, if you try region hax. the wrong number causes nothing, including the browser, to open. and, if you delete the user or possibly just nnid for the system when you did that, both wii and wii u disc channels disappear. cbhc is the system.xml, so it's a different file.

Reactions: BaamAlex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.