Hacking Wii U menu Theming

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm working on a lots of stuff like this currently, and the menu i am making can be installed with wupinstaller to be launched like a game, and its coldboot compatible so you can auto boot in it. It can even be installed directly into the wiiU so you will see the menu right after the console is booted..but it will be released only when there is a proper nand restoring app.
So dont worry, when something like that arrives, it wont be temporary :)
Woh. Ive been gone too long.

Reactions: ManuelKoegler
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
A screenshot would b noice

I swear - every single person I've given this to has asked what it did or what it looked like or whatever. I can't get away with any decent shitposting any more, you guys have learnt me :(

Back on-topic, this is where I start to ask @puss2puss for some kind of proof/status of where you're at now; because keep in mind that nobody's going to do much home-menu related stuff now you're seen to be working on it. I'll be honest, your post didn't make much sense to me, so it's obviously helpful to determine if you're bullshitting as fast as possible. You should avoid posting some screenshot of what the menu looks like (that'll just drum up hype) but something on the technical side of things would be damn helpful. A code snippet, a quick look at the files you're injecting (if any), whatever. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, your post just left a bit to be desired. If you're doing visual testing, you should have something you can show.

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I swear - every single person I've given this to has asked what it did or what it looked like or whatever. I can't get away with any decent shitposting any more, you guys have learnt me :(

Back on-topic, this is where I start to ask @puss2puss for some kind of proof/status of where you're at now; because keep in mind that nobody's going to do much home-menu related stuff now you're seen to be working on it. I'll be honest, your post didn't make much sense to me, so it's obviously helpful to determine if you're bullshitting as fast as possible. You should avoid posting some screenshot of what the menu looks like (that'll just drum up hype) but something on the technical side of things would be damn helpful. A code snippet, a quick look at the files you're injecting (if any), whatever. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, your post just left a bit to be desired. If you're doing visual testing, you should have something you can show.
Lol.. well, i disnt open a thread i just answered what people asked, if you are scepticle just move along and dont bother, its not like i gave an eta or anything.
And i dont see why you act as if its something big, when it really isnt! Its just files that been edited.. anyone can do it.

Anyway, its a private project so of course i will not share my files yet. Kids are like ''proof or you're bullshittimg!" .. i didnt even open a thread just to make sure people dont gets their hopes high and to avoid people who cry if they dont get proof.
Real modding scene should get back like it was, passionate people who are happy to get what they get for free without bitching if they dont get a bite of the cookie while its being made..

So to be clear: no i will not share files yet, no i will not post pics here yet, yes i will post a video showing what i got when i am ready to find more people to work on stuff i dont have knowledge, and if you doubt, who care.. just ignore my posts and move along.. come back calling me a lyer when i open a thread if i dont upload anything, not just a post.

If you feel the 'need' for proofs, just tell yourself i am bullshitting, will be easyer on you, and less demotivating for me :P

Reactions: Deleted User

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol.. well, i disnt open a thread i just answered what people asked, if you are scepticle just move along and dont bother, its not like i gave an eta or anything.
And i dont see why you act as if its something big, when it really isnt! Its just files that been edited.. anyone can do it.

Anyway, its a private project so of course i will not share my files yet. Kids are like ''proof or you're bullshittimg!" .. i didnt even open a thread just to make sure people dont gets their hopes high and to avoid people who cry if they dont get proof.
Real modding scene should get back like it was, passionate people who are happy to get what they get for free without bitching if they dont get a bite of the cookie while its being made..

So to be clear: no i will not share files yet, no i will not post pics here yet, yes i will post a video showing what i got when i am ready to find more people to work on stuff i dont have knowledge, and if you doubt, who care.. just ignore my posts and move along.. come back calling me a lyer when i open a thread if i dont upload anything, not just a post.

If you feel the 'need' for proofs, just tell yourself i am bullshitting, will be easyer on you, and less demotivating for me :P
Yeah you only need proofs when you release something, so if he does I would then expect him to. I just figured I'd see if anyone could be down in helping figuring this out so that the community could have theming like on the Wii. It was a nice feature imo that the Wii U is missing.

Reactions: puss2puss

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Glad to see some people understand :)
I mean, i didnt open any thread about it, disnt give any eta, and i even said what and how i did (like replacing some fonctions with the menu.s shortcuts..) anyway..

For simple themes, i could start uploading some but it will only be visual.. nothing more.. but if really people want these even without new features, well i will upload some then. But the only one that is almost conpletly repacked without bugs, is just darker textures with new icons and some channels forwarders..i find it longgg to repack everything everytime so after the first theme i might take time before uploading another one..

But dont get your hopes to high because it might not be in the weekend since i dont know how the weekend will be yet.. if my love's going to be into a cooking mood, i will be modding all the weekend so will upload one, but if HyruleWarriors is the mood.. i guess i'il have to wait :P

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see some people understand :)
I mean, i didnt open any thread about it, disnt give any eta, and i even said what and how i did (like replacing some fonctions with the menu.s shortcuts..) anyway..

For simple themes, i could start uploading some but it will only be visual.. nothing more.. but if really people want these even without new features, well i will upload some then. But the only one that is almost conpletly repacked without bugs, is just darker textures with new icons and some channels forwarders..i find it longgg to repack everything everytime so after the first theme i might take time before uploading another one..

But dont get your hopes to high because it might not be in the weekend since i dont know how the weekend will be yet.. if my love's going to be into a cooking mood, i will be modding all the weekend so will upload one, but if HyruleWarriors is the mood.. i guess i'il have to wait :P
Sounds fair, I am down to try anything lol so release them whenever you want or if you want.

e-xtrc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually hyped when a release happens! I've been wanting to change my Wii U menu's color to black because the White just makes my eyes go kablooey

Reactions: Jacklack3

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah. With the Miiverse being turned off it doesn't matter anymore and I would turn my Wii U menu black/dark as well.
Also it would be good to have the tile icons on both screen mirrored like in Loadiine instead of having that Mii stuff on the tv.

Reactions: e-xtrc

e-xtrc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. With the Miiverse being turned off it doesn't matter anymore and I would turn my Wii U menu black/dark as well.
Also it would be good to have the tile icons on both screen mirrored like in Loadiine instead of having that Mii stuff on the tv.
yessss or maybe (I hope someone makes this in the future) instead of the System apps displayed on the Wara Wara Plaza, it would be the last 10 games you played.

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol