Hardware Wii U keep freezing

Taijem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii u starts freezing 5 mins after startup or when I open a game or app, it wont let me conncet to the internet neither so I cant update nor format it. How do I fix this?

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have some storage connected, replace it. Wii U is kinda annoying regarding USB storage, the console can be severely more slower and unstable if you are using bad storage options, especially SD Card Adapters and Flash drives. Only use hard drives.

Taijem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have some storage connected, replace it. Wii U is kinda annoying regarding USB storage, the console can be severely more slower and unstable if you are using bad storage options, especially SD Card Adapters and Flash drives. Only use hard drives.
Im not using any kind external hard drive

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try waiting a while before doing it again, is probably hot or over heated. Maybe blow air into the vent. Also eject any disc or sd card. You may need to clean the vents or something. Unplug it for 30 mins, try cleaning it and the vents, with a broom, duster, or blowing the vents and fan. After 30 mins, try booting it again, with nothing inside, (SD Cards, disc, Usb attachments)

Taijem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try waiting a while before doing it again, is probably hot or over heated. Maybe blow air into the vent. Also eject any disc or sd card. You may need to clean the vents or something. Unplug it for 30 mins, try cleaning it and the vents, with a broom, duster, or blowing the vents and fan. After 30 mins, try booting it again, with nothing inside, (SD Cards, disc, Usb attachments)
Didnt work

D

Deleted User

Check if CPU overheats. This is the only freeze reason. If fans don't work, Wii U will just freeze to save itself from burning [Literally]

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check if CPU overheats. This is the only freeze reason. If fans don't work, Wii U will just freeze to save itself from burning [Literally]
If that happens, wouldn't the led light flash red? I noticed this happens once when playing smash bros. (Trying to beat classic mode on difficulty 9 :( ) It turned off in the middle, and the led flashed red, i had to clean out the air vents, and it worked again no issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over