Hardware wii u impressions

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The showing we got at e3 was.... not as good as I'd expected! At least a couple of seconds of very early footage of a new Zelda, or a Smash Bros would've been nice - I mean we know they're coming, but it would've been nice to actually see them!
Any news on Wii games on WiiU? I'm not expecting the same kind of HD you can get on Dolphin on a good PC, but any smoothing for our HD tellies at least??

.....I'll probably pick one up before Chrimbo anyway! Pikmin and NSMBU are definite buys, I'm also looking forward to Sega All Star Racing Transformed (or whatever it's called haha) which is mentioned as a launch release (will probably wait for the Eurogamer face-off thing before deciding the platform, but Mario Kart Wii-style controls for the Wiimotes would be nice!)
A rumoured £250 price tag will do me nicely, and it's Nintendo so the games will come eventually - never regretted buying a Ninty console before, and don't expect any different with the WiiU! ;)

tronic307

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's E3 showing was abysmal, but I'm always there for the midnight launches. If there aren't too many good games, I could save some money. I got Twilight Princess for the Wii launch, but only because they handed it to me when I finally made it to the front door at Toys 'R" Us in Times Square. I didn't want to start playing it because component cables were nonexistent at launch. I tried to bribe a Nintendo employee for the component cables on his Segway, rigged with a Wii and a flatscreen to entertain the crowd, for $40, and he agreed, but by the time I got out of the store, it was getting early, and those SegWii guys and girls were gone. They sold so many Wiis that a few other groups of people with Wii shopping bags got off the same train I did when I got back to Brooklyn at 4am.

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I'm a little impressed by the Wii U and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it but I need to see a bit more of a good line up of games before I start to throw my money just like that so come on Nintendo start working on thise tittles that everyone likes or atleast come up with a brand new franchise.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I will definitely be getting this console no matter what. Nintendo fanboy that I am, just the knowledge that I'll get one or more of Metroid, Zelda, 3D Mario, Smash Bros, Kirby, and hopefully F-Zero and Star Fox is more than enough to convince me. No idea WHEN I'll be getting it though... hopefully around December or January (I'll hopefully get enough birthday and work money to buy it), but worst case scenario is that I'll get it once I'm done with my Sophomore year May or June 2013.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm going to get it at launch. Maybe not if there are no games released on launch day that interest me though, and there are none that interest me coming out within the next few weeks.
The games announced for it were unimpressive, so I hope there is something else released on launch day or soon after launch.
New Super Mario Bros. U looks nice though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.