Wii U hard drive cloning query

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by a7mag3ddon, Mar 7, 2017.

1. a7mag3ddon
    OP

a7mag3ddon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2013
    Hello,

I have a large hdd driver with installed games on the usb but i want to install a smaller driver i have tried using Paragon Disk manager to clone the disk to a smaller driver but it says that the entire drive is unallocated.

I realise that the drive is using a propriety disk format but wondered if there was a way to do this?

any help appreciated.

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    The only way to do this is to have both hdds plugged into the wiiu then goto data management then copy all the games from one hdd to the other. Sadly it takes a very long time to do this in the wiiu

3. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    And it doesn't work with some games, sadly. [In my case it didn't want to move saves :/]

4. a7mag3ddon
    OP

a7mag3ddon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ohh thanks for that. I will try that next, I'm currently trying a raw hdd copy.

I'm assuming the WiiU method doesn't care if they are genuine or dodgy game game installs.

5. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Tell us if work. Thanks. ^^

6. a7mag3ddon
    OP

a7mag3ddon Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2013
    No it didnt work using a raw copy so i used the wii u itsef to downsize from 500 to 250 and have to say the reported speeds on here are drastically overstated (this is the reason for trying on PC) i did 70gb worth and it took 4hrs which is basically what i would expect going from usb 2 hdd to another usb 2 hdd.